• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many did not realize how on edge you can be on every pitch until the playoffs. And the strategy on each pitch by both the pitcher and the hitter.
Absolutely and I suppose someone has to teach that. Some will never know and that is a shame.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory of this was a team - don't remember which one - asked the Rangers for permission to interview him, which was granted. He wasn't offered the position and the Rangers brought him back.

Frankly, if the Rangers didn't want him, he wouldn't be here.

I think he had 2 or 3 interviews. If a team allows someone to interview for a lateral move with another team then that smacks of them not really wanting him to me. He was already under contract though and they decided to keep him once he couldn't find another team that wanted him. They certainly had no problem with him interviewing elsewhere. I don't think teams had to ask the Rangers because I believe the Rangers informed him and other coaches that they could look for other positions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he had 2 or 3 interviews. If a team allows someone to interview for a lateral move with another team then that smacks of them not really wanting him to me. He was already under contract though and they decided to keep him once he couldn't find another team that wanted him. They certainly had no problem with him interviewing elsewhere. I don't think teams had to ask the Rangers because I believe the Rangers informed him and other coaches that they could look for other positions.
The year was such a disaster it probably made little difference. If he's back then they want him for reasons unknown IMO.:noidea:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but EA is not in the 2 hole tomorrow!!!! I dont know if this will be the plan, or if it's because he's not playing. Martin, Choo, Beltre, Fielder.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but EA is not in the 2 hole tomorrow!!!! I dont know if this will be the plan, or if it's because he's not playing. Martin, Choo, Beltre, Fielder.

He's having knee issues. Don't think it's anything alarming though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care about him in the 2 hole as long as he's not asked to bunt every other AB

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care about him in the 2 hole as long as he's not asked to bunt every other AB
Agree. We need to see how he will do with a different approach from a different manager.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do. I want someone that hits better than .270 with no power in the 2 hole.

Elvis will not ever provide power I don't believe, and he might hit .285 but I think that is about all your going to get. He can play better defense and steal some bases however to add to his value

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We need to see how he will do with a different approach from a different manager.

If Elvis could back to getting on base 35% of the time while stealing 30 bases, then I would live with his lack of power in the 2 spot. JD makes it seem like Jeff if going to keep the line-up fluid so EA might be in the 2 spot against lefties. Time will tell I guess.

I like that avatar Wastin!!!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought MLB.tv for the year! I'm anxious for this season to start. I think because last year was such a disappointment.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had people tell me 1 to 0 is really boring. Obviously no appreciation for good pitching/ defense. Takes a while to learn all that I suppose.

I think that's just because most of us Ranger fans became accustom to rarely seeing those sort of games. So, the Ranger fanatics that really were not to familiar with the game sort of got the idea that is what baseball is maybe.

Even though the tradition has been broken, for the most part we have always been know for scoring tons of runs but also given up a ton. Back in the day the main reason to watch was the long balls the Rangers would hit. And the reason you didn't want to watch is all the ones they would give up.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought MLB.tv for the year! I'm anxious for this season to start. I think because last year was such a disappointment.

You dont live in the DFW market....do you?

Unless you're going to use a proxy - enabling you to get around the blackouts...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a silly question but is there any way we can view today's game on the TV?