• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed something, I did not see Choice's name mentioned in the OF.

He didn't

Looks like he went with Ludwick over Choice, competition should be pretty fierce for those OF spots behind Choo & Martin

If you see surprises it'll probably be here in the OF or in the bullpen, not accounting for injuries

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit, I've had my concerns about Darvish too. Much more so than you and it seems most others on here.

I've felt he was too in love with the SO, and he seemed to be on the mental Hollywood side somewhat to me as well. And this concerned (s) me some.

I certainly like what I've read about him going toward this season, and I've never questioned his abilities to be one of the best in the game.

I will note, I thought Calvin Watkins was WAY outta bounds on his take last year though, and hopefully the Rangers, as an organization have addressed this issue, if you know what I mean.

Calvin is now the beat writer for the Rockets. Technically speaking, the Rangers do not have anyone writing about them on ESPN anymore. Believe Tepid mentioned it on twitter about a week ago...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is now the beat writer for the Rockets. Technically speaking, the Rangers do not have anyone writing about them on ESPN anymore. Believe Tepid mentioned it on twitter about a week ago...

Are you available? It appears there is a opening.

I am sure Rocket fans are thrilled, I know as a Rangers fan that I am.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really any surprises here from Evan. He usually doesn't offer up surprises though.

Texas Rangers projected Opening Day roster: Version 1.0 | Dallas Morning News

The rotation at RR portion of the article stands out to me, although he mentions Chi Chi in the mix for a rotation spot should Detwiler have a bad spring, he doesn't list him in the RR rotation. Would think Gonzalez will be at RR for sure unless injury necessitates him as starter on the Rangers big club. That would likely give you Chi Chi, Ranaudo, Tep, N Mart, Bonilla, and LJack waiting in the wings honing their craft at RR. Great depth should everyone stay healthy, I think.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would keep Klein over Wright.
Both Evan and Gerry think the bullpen needs a veteran presence. To me you keep the best guys no matter how many years of experience they have.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Evan and Gerry think the bullpen needs a veteran presence. To me you keep the best guys no matter how many years of experience they have.
Makes good sense to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It never hurts to have someone who's "been-there-done-that" out there to settle things down when it gets dicey. And you know it will.

I'm all for talent. But it never hurts to have a calming influence sitting there either; all I'm saying.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks. I did not know this.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm gonna have to start keeping a journal or recording stuff on all the technology we have these days, or I'm not gonna be able to remember it. You guys generation with your steel trap minds have done much better job of chronicling this stuff for our younger generations, than I will be able to do just on memory alone for my kids and their friends.

It comes from generations after generations handing down the stories as we gathered around our campfires outside our caves.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It never hurts to have someone who's "been-there-done-that" out there to settle things down when it gets dicey. And you know it will.

I'm all for talent. But it never hurts to have a calming influence sitting there either; all I'm saying.

Veteran presence is critical. Need someone to show the young guys how to set up their lawn chair and to teach the odd bullpen games they all play to pass the time.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy that Yu came out ready to set the record straight. Morons are gonna write garbage for traffic, and I hope he can see how much he is loved here. He and Derek can be a really damn incredible 1 2 punch for the ball club. Hope he makes 32 starts this year!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a good job for a recently retired bullpen pitcher to have as a coach.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy that Yu came out ready to set the record straight. Morons are gonna write garbage for traffic, and I hope he can see how much he is loved here. He and Derek can be a really damn incredible 1 2 punch for the ball club. Hope he makes 32 starts this year!

Amen to that!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes from generations after generations handing down the stories as we gathered around our campfires outside our caves.
Yeah, the good ol days. I remember the day I met my wife. Hit over the head with a club and drug her home to meet the family. :)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Fielder working on timing coming off neck surgery

Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder, who is expected to make his spring debut Wednesday, appears to be doing well coming off neck surgery.

"Good … everything is smooth," Fielder said, per MLB.com. "My legs are not sore so it's all good."

The Rangers are watching Fielder's swing closely as he is facing live pitching for the first time in 9 1/2 months.

"He's doing OK," hitting coach Dave Magadan said, "He's a typical veteran player who is just trying to get his timing. We are trying to solidify some of the stuff we talked about in the offseason. Last year he was crashing into the ball, now we're getting him to hold his ground. Timing is huge. With him it's going as well as expected. Once he gets into the flow of games and gets his timing down, everybody will see a big difference.

"The goal is to hold your ground and get the ball into the air on the pull side. When he does that, it means he is going good."

Be nice to see Prince get back to being his old self. Im still on the fence on Magadan, but we shall see

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Lewis, Gallardo to throw on Wednesday

The Rangers will throw both Colby Lewis and Yovani Gallardo on Wednesday, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

The Rangers will take on the Royals during the contest. It's unclear how long either player will throw during the outing. Both players are expected to open the year in the team's rotation.

A little game action finally, seems like its been a year