• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with the hitting better than .270 but i always felt that the job of the 1 and 2 hole hitters was to get on base so that the 3, 4 and hole hitters could drive them in

Until the last couple years he had usually done a pretty good job getting on base, usually in the .340s,

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ludwick has had a good few games here at the plate. It would be a huge bonus if this guy would hit like he did in earlier in his career. He could solidify the middle/bottom of the line-up. Maybe this years Kouzmanoff. Without the injury.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather the past week or so in the DFW area has been crazy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather the past week or so in the DFW area has been crazy.

It's not like we've had a terrible winter. But it's sure been a long one.

Started in early Nov and here it is moving into mid-Mar and we've got more cold hanging around.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we've had a terrible winter. But it's sure been a long one.

Started in early Nov and here it is moving into mid-Mar and we've got more cold hanging around.
Snow and ice here.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow and ice here.

I was up half the night and it rained/sleeted starting about 1 AM here at Cedar Creek Lake. Then I looked out at 3 AM and the ground was covered, and it was snowing to beat-the-band.

My guess is we got 1 1/2 to 2" here, but it's melting faster than Dick's-headband now.

Is that an old school enough of a weather conversation as you care to have? :nod:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got almost 5 inches of snow in far south Fort Worth.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg had some interesting thoughts about Hoying getting a start today.

"Hoying gets the start.

That means nothing in terms of any depth chart and reveals nothing about how the club feels at the moment about his place in that four-player hierarchy.

What it does mean is, at least for one day, the Rangers want to see Hoying facing pitchers whose numbers aren’t in the 70’s like his, playing defense between a couple big leaguers (Choice and Nate Schierholtz), running the bases against a representative Kansas City defense rather than the Royals’ own non-roster crew. Richardson will get his reps in Thursday against the guys likely headed for Omaha or Springdale.

You can draw conclusions from the fact that Hoying, a former 10th-round pick, is already 25 and has yet to reach the big leagues, but David Murphy, a player whose game Hoying’s occasionally gets compared to, was a first-round pick whose first real Major League opportunity didn’t arrive until he was nearly 26.

You might also point out that Hoying was left off the 40-man roster for a second straight winter and went undrafted again. But guys like DeShields and Odubel Herrera get drafted more often than guys like Hoying, who doesn’t tote a 70 tool that clubs can dream on — even if last year he did become just the fourth Rangers player since 2000 to have a 20/20 season, at any level, following Ian Kinsler, Nelson Cruz, and Lewis Brinson. Hoying hit .271/.325/.517 for Round Rock in 2014, clubbing 26 homers and leading the Pacific Coast League in extra-base hits (66) and total bases and getting stronger as the year went on, but yeah, that was AAA and Hoying was a bit old for the league.

Still, none of that matters. The present opportunity does, and the fact that Texas wants to see Hoying at the start of a game rather than in the late innings may only be 90 percent meaningless. And, unlike so much of what happens in the first week of exhibition play, that’s possibly something worth paying a little attention to."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your so right about that, today is the first time the sun has come out in awhile. Beginning to wonder if i still was in Texas.

I think I read something a couple of days ago about how the sun had only been out a total of 6 hours over the past week and a half.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your so right about that, today is the first time the sun has come out in awhile. Beginning to wonder if i still was in Texas.

Yeah I never agreed to this much cold nonsense in one winter. We only got a bit of ice here on the grass and trees overnight and not much at all on the roads, but they closed the schools. People around here have no clue how to react to the least bit of inclement weather. Cant find bottled water or a generator anywhere.(well now thats a bit of an exaggeration).

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be some truth to it but of course they are going to put a positive spin on his outing. I hope he does well as I really like Colby but there has to be some concern on how he will do this year.

I'm not really that worried because I'm not sure we don't have better options waiting in the minors. I like Colby but at this point he's a placeholder. I don't think it would be a terrible thing for Chi Chi to get some ML innings this year. Not to mention Bonilla, Martinez, and Tepesch.