• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A drug relapse would be much worse for Hamilton, who was already suspended a season by Major League Baseball for his drug use. If it is, Hamilton could be looking at a lifetime ban.

The MLB drug program calls for harsh penalties, and Hamilton is already far down the list:

According to the rules of baseball's drug program, a major league player must test positive at least twice for drugs of abuse before being suspended, with drugs of abuse subject to suspension defined as a group that includes cocaine, LSD, opiates, Ecstasy, the "date r*pe" drug GHB and PCP.

Players who fail to comply with their treatment program a second time can be suspended for 25-to-50 days. Players who fail to comply a fourth time can be suspended for at least one year. A fifth failure results in additional discipline by the commissioner.

Hamilton already was suspended the year, so now on to the commissioner's office. The above number was revised; his one-year suspension would have been two years under the joint drug agreement. Hamilton would still be on the fifth step under the current plan.

Could be a lifetime ban? He better hope there isn't a positive test

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A drug relapse would be much worse for Hamilton, who was already suspended a season by Major League Baseball for his drug use. If it is, Hamilton could be looking at a lifetime ban.

The MLB drug program calls for harsh penalties, and Hamilton is already far down the list:

According to the rules of baseball's drug program, a major league player must test positive at least twice for drugs of abuse before being suspended, with drugs of abuse subject to suspension defined as a group that includes cocaine, LSD, opiates, Ecstasy, the "date r*pe" drug GHB and PCP.

Players who fail to comply with their treatment program a second time can be suspended for 25-to-50 days. Players who fail to comply a fourth time can be suspended for at least one year. A fifth failure results in additional discipline by the commissioner.

Hamilton already was suspended the year, so now on to the commissioner's office. The above number was revised; his one-year suspension would have been two years under the joint drug agreement. Hamilton would still be on the fifth step under the current plan.

Could be a lifetime ban? He better hope there isn't a positive test
Heyman tweeted something he confessed already to the MLB and they are going to treat it as a first offense, because his prior problems happened in the minors. I don't know how Manfred will deal with it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyman tweeted something he confessed already to the MLB and they are going to treat it as a first offense, because his prior problems happened in the minors. I don't know how Manfred will deal with it.

I read it again and it reads MLB player

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh never had a problem with heroin. It was crack and coke.

Which is really ironic, considering heroin is one of the most addictive substances there is. For him to have tried it and it not be his issue is hard to fathom, given his addiction issues.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it again and it reads MLB player
Angels fans on Halo's Heaven are sure singing a different tune now though. They used to call him crackhead and all kinds of nonsense. Now they are rallying behind him wishing him well. Pretty weird people. I don't wish ill will on the guy, but not gonna feel sorry for him either. He's shit his bed and now he's gotta lie in it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels fans on Halo's Heaven are sure singing a different tune now though. They used to call him crackhead and all kinds of nonsense. Now they are rallying behind him wishing him well. Pretty weird people. I don't wish ill will on the guy, but not gonna feel sorry for him either. He's shit his bed and now he's gotta lie in it.

I don't wish him any ill will either, however I don't think he will ever amount to much again as an MLB player. I been wrong before though

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish him any ill will either, however I don't think he will ever amount to much again as an MLB player. I been wrong before though
I think you're right because he doesn't amount to much now. Actually I wish he would throw in the towel and ride off into the sunset.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right because he doesn't amount to much now. Actually I wish he would throw in the towel and ride off into the sunset.

That might give him the opportunity to work on what he really needs to work on, "Josh Hamilton"

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Did the Rangers extend Beltre simply to save the $2 million on this year's budget? Are things that desperate in their finances?

Gerry Fraley: Not desperate, but they were running out of wiggle room on the budget. That extra $2 million that Beltre gave them for this year could bring a player around the trade deadline. The Rangers are essentially operating with the same payroll budget as last season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go. I just figured that he hadn't stopped at crack.

He spoke about a lot of drugs in "Beyond Belief" cant remember if he talked about doing heroin in the book though. It's been 4 plus years since I last read it, so I've forgotten quite a bit. He did reveal a lot about his drug use though. One doesn't run in those type circles or spend time with all types of drug dealers and users, and not at least experiment with just about every type drug there is however. I would suspect he has used heroin, though his issues were mainly with alcohol and cocaine, both powder and rock forms.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spoke about a lot of drugs in "Beyond Belief" cant remember if he talked about doing heroin in the book though. It's been 4 plus years since I last read it, so I've forgotten quite a bit. He did reveal a lot about his drug use though. One doesn't run in those type circles or spend time with all types of drug dealers and users, and not at least experiment with just about every type drug there is however. I would suspect he has used heroin, though his issues were mainly with alcohol and cocaine, both powder and rock forms.

Baseball MVP Josh Hamilton Suffers Addiction Relapse - ABC News

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The source told Heyman that Hamilton, who was scheduled to meet with MLB officials on Wednesday, confessed to going on a binge that involved cocaine a couple months ago. There is no indication to this point that Hamilton failed a drug test.

Now we will see what Manfred will do, hope he keeps the Angels on the hook for his contract by only suspending him for 50 games or something. Probably is at least suspended the full season, would be my guess though