• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the fascination with Hamilton's demise myself. To each his own I guess.

Simple. People like to see self absorbed assholes fall flat on their face. Same reason everyone loves Johnny fuck face failing in the NFL so much.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. You like to see your crazy ex girlfriend who treated you like shit and cheated on you have things not work out for them.

I guess that is why I don't get it then.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about it and revised my statement.
I hope Manziel gets himself straightened out and I certainly hope Josh does.

Like I have said before, if we had a chance to really get to know these guys I think a whole lot of them would not be likeable. Many of them are probably self absorbed and other ones have different character problems. Some guys flaws are just a lot easier to see with the naked eye than others due to the spotlight on them. Even us fans have a lot of flaws. I know I sure do.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I actively root for Hamilton's failure is when LAAA is playing the Rangers, other than that, I don't spend any time worrying about his actions, good or bad. He's not a Texas Ranger anymore so he's none of my concern.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. People like to see self absorbed assholes fall flat on their face. Same reason everyone loves Johnny fuck face failing in the NFL so much.

People not being surprised that these things happen is not the same as loving/wanting to see it

I get why you want to see "Johnny fuck face" fail, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to see it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People not being surprised that these things happen is not the same as loving/wanting to see it

I get why you want to see "Johnny fuck face" fail, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to see it

Plenty of people enjoy seeing that little prick get his comeuppance

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of people enjoy seeing that little prick get his comeuppance

Plenty I'm sure, but I think his "prickness" is pretty overstated, and I'm not that big of a fan myself... some people are just going to hate him, I get it, but I think most people are actually pretty indifferent to him

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generally speaking, this is accurate.

But unfortunately, IMO anyway, poor Josh isn't as much self-absorbed as he is sadly stupid. He's an uneducated hick, who married a money grubber masquerading as Josh's rudder-in-life toward Christianity. And I truly do feel sorry for the poor dolt. Although I do understand much of his demise is all of his own doing. But again, the idiot can't help himself.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, this is accurate.

But unfortunately, IMO anyway, poor Josh isn't as much self-absorbed as he is sadly stupid. He's an uneducated hick, who married a money grubber masquerading as Josh's rudder-in-life toward Christianity. And I truly do feel sorry for the poor dolt. Although I do understand much of his demise is all of his own doing. But again, the idiot can't help himself.
Are you back ?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go up a few posts and there's the article from Grant. He didn't make near the definitive statement your saying.

That splitting time was never on the table according to JD. Where'd you get this idea?

I got it from my brain. We have two guys that are ML ready and only one spot for them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Manziel gets himself straightened out and I certainly hope Josh does.

Like I have said before, if we had a chance to really get to know these guys I think a whole lot of them would not be likeable. Many of them are probably self absorbed and other ones have different character problems. Some guys flaws are just a lot easier to see with the naked eye than others due to the spotlight on them. Even us fans have a lot of flaws. I know I sure do.

Josh didn't know many of the Texas fans on a personal level and had no problem kicking every one of us in the nuts on his way out of town.

Josh's wife doesn't know many Texas fans personally, but had no problem lying her ass off about receiving death threats and needing personal security.

So pardon those of us that don't feel the need to know him personally before calling him a dipshit for having all the talent, money, and support in the world and pissing it away because he has a $.02 brain.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh didn't know many of the Texas fans on a personal level and had no problem kicking every one of us in the nuts on his way out of town.

Josh's wife doesn't know many Texas fans personally, but had no problem lying her ass off about receiving death threats and needing personal security.

So pardon those of us that don't feel the need to know him personally before calling him a dipshit for having all the talent, money, and support in the world and pissing it away because he has a $.02 brain.

No pardon is necessary. Like I said before about this topic, to each his own. Everyone has the right to be as bitter as they want to be towards Josh or anyone else.

You seem to think I meant you can't have any bad feelings towards someone you don't know personally. That was not what I said though. I said that if we knew more about all of these pro athletes I think we would find many of them unlikeable. I never said or intimated that someone shouldn't say something negative about someone that they don't know personally. In fact, I indicated that we do know a lot more about Josh than we do about most pro athletes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas 'playing it over-cautiously' with Moreland, Choo | texasrangers.com

Right now, he is also taking ground balls at first base every other day. Next week, Moreland will take them every day, but only a limited number. If that goes well, he'll start doing his normal defensive work.

"I feel good, but the training staff has talked with me and got me on a good solid routine to make sure I come out of camp feeling good and feeling healthy," Moreland said. "So we're playing it over-cautiously so I'll be ready to roll by Day 1."

Moreland is also going to play occasionally in left field. But the Rangers are going to hold off until later in camp before that happens.