• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Angels' Hamilton likely to receive suspension

by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

Fri, 27 Feb 2015 2:05 AM ET

174916.jpg

Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will likely be suspended for at least 25 games, according to FoxSports.com.

Hamilton met with Major League Baseball on Wednesday for a disciplinary hearing. CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman reported that Hamilton experienced a drug relapse a few months ago, and confessed that relapse to MLB.

This is technically Hamilton's second violation as a major-leaguer. Hamilton was on the Rays 40-man roster during his first suspension, making him a major-league player. Typically, players who violate their drug treatment program for the first time are subject to a 15-25 game suspension. Given that this is Hamilton's second violation of his drug treatment program, it's unclear how severe the punishment will be.

With that said, commissioner Rob Manfred is reportedly trying to be lenient with any punishment. The league has a "favorable view of Hamilton's efforts to remain sober." Since his return to the majors, Hamilton has spoken honestly about his struggles with addition.

On top of that, Manfred is concerned about making the punishment too harsh. Hamilton's past relaspes have come when he's been away from the game. Manfred reportedly is not close to making a final decision on Hamilton's punishment at this time.

Hamilton was already expected to miss the beginning of the season due to a shoulder surgery. It's unclear how much longer he'll be out due to a suspension.

25 games would be a freaking joke and leniency is the last thing he needs, he will just do the same shit again unless the punishment has enough severity to make him think he will be out of baseball next time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where Leonard Nimoy passed away.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

174916.jpg

Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will likely be suspended for at least 25 games, according to FoxSports.com.

Hamilton met with Major League Baseball on Wednesday for a disciplinary hearing. CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman reported that Hamilton experienced a drug relapse a few months ago, and confessed that relapse to MLB.

This is technically Hamilton's second violation as a major-leaguer. Hamilton was on the Rays 40-man roster during his first suspension, making him a major-league player. Typically, players who violate their drug treatment program for the first time are subject to a 15-25 game suspension. Given that this is Hamilton's second violation of his drug treatment program, it's unclear how severe the punishment will be.

With that said, commissioner Rob Manfred is reportedly trying to be lenient with any punishment. The league has a "favorable view of Hamilton's efforts to remain sober." Since his return to the majors, Hamilton has spoken honestly about his struggles with addition.

On top of that, Manfred is concerned about making the punishment too harsh. Hamilton's past relaspes have come when he's been away from the game. Manfred reportedly is not close to making a final decision on Hamilton's punishment at this time.

Hamilton was already expected to miss the beginning of the season due to a shoulder surgery. It's unclear how much longer he'll be out due to a suspension.

25 games would be a freaking joke and leniency is the last thing he needs, he will just do the same shit again unless the punishment has enough severity to make him think he will be out of baseball next time.
He deserves ever much as Nellie if not more.:crazy:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the team as constructed so far will be what they go with to start ST, and likely the season. I am ok with that, unless they added Beimel. I have no interest in Coke, and it appears they will not likely sign either based on that article. Ready to see guys compete and hope a couple of the younger pitchers like Claudio progress and are ready for a role on the big club.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the team as constructed so far will be what they go with to start ST, and likely the season. I am ok with that, unless they added Beimel. I have no interest in Coke, and it appears they will not likely sign either based on that article. Ready to see guys compete and hope a couple of the younger pitchers like Claudio progress and are ready for a role on the big club.

Agree completely.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anybody else counting down the days??? I'm just glad I get to listen to the games on 105.3. Their signal in HEB is so much better than ESPNs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

174916.jpg

The Angels have to pay him, so I hope he plays.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it from my brain. We have two guys that are ML ready and only one spot for them.

This was from so long ago, but I think this conversation reverts back to Profar/Odor, right?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was from so long ago, but I think this conversation reverts back to Profar/Odor, right?
Yes, I believer it was about Profar and Odor splitting time. It refers to your post in post #5757 and his post in post # 5756.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers make Choo's switch to right field official | texasrangers.com

Rangers manager Jeff Banister acknowledged for the first time on Friday what has been obvious all winter.

The Rangers are moving outfielder Shin-Soo Choo from left to right field. That has obviously been the plan from the beginning, but this is the first time Banister has openly talked about the move.

"We think he'll be more comfortable in right field," Banister said.

Choo played mostly left field last season and was the Reds' center fielder in 2013. Prior to that, Choo spent six years playing right field for the Indians. Given the outfield configuration of Globe Life Park, there is less room to cover in right field than left.

Maybe he can keep RF occupied until Mr. Gallo is ready.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more snippets from the article referenced above. I think our top two pitchers are going to have great seasons.

Holland impresses in live BP

Rangers starting pitchers threw live batting practice again on Friday, and hitters were asking pitching coach Mike Maddux if Derek Holland was in midseason form.

"I told them, 'No, it's only Spring Training," Maddux said. "But the ball looked good coming out of his hand. The hard work he did this winter is showing up."

Yu Darvish
also threw live batting practice, going up against Choo, Adrian Beltre, Prince Fielder and Mitch Moreland. Choo hit a home run off him.

"An Arizona home run," Darvish joked.

"The next pitch he threw me came inside," Choo said.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for a bunch of runners to try going first to third. Choo's arm is a little below average from what I've seem. Rua came up as a third baseman. Surely he's got the arm to play RF, no?