• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is going to take Choo? it is easy to say expendable but it won't be as easy as that to move him

Oh he will have takers as long as the Rangers eat significant dollars

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which scenarios?

Don't have that much time at the moment. Most have already been discussed. You're adept enough to come up with the most likely ones I'm sure

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin ready to take on leadoff spot | texasrangers.com

"I have been working on my baserunning, working on getting better jumps," Martin said. "I also have to focus on covering the strike zone and swinging at strikes. That's the key to leading off. I want to learn from Choo how he keeps his concentration all through the at-bat."

Matt Harrison has increased his throwing to 120 feet on flat ground but does not expect to be off a mound for at least another month.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if its drug related. Once you've been an addict it never goes away from you unfortunately and you're always susceptible relapse.
When he was a free agent I said he would not be wise for him to leave here. He had a very good support system here and there was no guarantee he was going to get that elsewhere. In his case that was a lot more important than more money. It is a shame for his sake that he didn't realize that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Josh thought he would not be tested since he would be having surgery.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was a free agent I said he would not be wise for him to leave here. He had a very good support system here and there was no guarantee he was going to get that elsewhere. In his case that was a lot more important than more money. It is a shame for his sake that he didn't realize that.

Heck even with the great support system here he relapsed at least 2 or 3 times that the public knows of and who knows how many more that's never gotten out. Good riddance.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't want it to be drugs, because the Angels deserve to pay every penny of that ridiculous contract. I want them to pay the whole fucking thing.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't want it to be drugs, because the Angels deserve to pay every penny of that ridiculous contract. I want them to pay the whole fucking thing.

Same reason I want A-Rod to keep on playing until the full length of his contract ends so the Yankees are on the hook to pay that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish, Chirinos getting comfortable together | texasrangers.com

"I think we have a good relationship," Chirinos said. "I talked to him a lot and got his feedback on where he wants me to set up and what kind of pitches he wants to throw. I think we're on the same page and building a better relationship."

Manager Jeff Banister would prefer to stay away from the idea of personal catchers for particular pitchers.

"I like to think all of our pitchers are capable of throwing to all of our catchers and being comfortable throwing to the appropriate catcher who needs to start that night," Banister said. "Chirinos is our catcher. Chirinos is going to need nights off throughout the season so Corporan is a really nice catcher to have to go behind the plate.

"I feel confident our pitchers will develop a relationship with whomever is behind the plate. We want these guys as comfortable as can be but they also have to be comfortable with the catcher behind the plate."

It sure is refreshing to hear the manager say things like this.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's drugs then he's gone for life right?

I thought he was done for life if he ever had a positive test for drugs again. Hope for his sake its not