• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets to manage whoever we face next in the World Series. It always helps to have any edge you can get.

He will end up as a 3rd base coach for some team and he will just stand there and wind his arm and run in place like on the top step of the Rangers dugout. That was amusing when he did that at least. Wish him well, glad he will be elsewhere however. Rangers needed a change

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. They could move beltre to dh. Also, I'm betting Gallo was always headed for a position change.

I had always thought Joey would change positions myself, but they sure don't seem to be attempting to do that. They are still talking like he is a third baseman for the foreseeable future.

I don't see how if the team admires Adrian enough to sign him well before they have to for 2016 that they would even consider asking him to change positions. The whole reason they would sign Beltre so early is that they don't expect any slippage in his game. That being the case I fully expect him to be at 3B in 2016.

They are gambling on Adrian a lot here and it is a gamble that simply didn't have to be made at this time. If there had been a deadline coming up I would have understood the gamble, but I believe they had at least 7-8 more months to do this. I just don't see any downside in waiting a few months to get this done. Adrian's psyche isn't fragile enough to be affected by them not doing this before the season's end.

It is going to be very interesting if Gallo and Mazara continue to develop the way they have and if Rua turns out to be a good OF to see how the lineup shakes out for 2016.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/artic...-profar-to-miss-season-after-shoulder-surgery

The Rangers have admitted the obvious. Infielder Jurickson Profar will miss the entire 2015 season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder on Monday.

The surgery was performed by Dr. Keith Meister in Arlington. Profar will need a full year of recovery before the shoulder is 100 percent. General manager Jon Daniels said Profar could be swinging a bat before then, but the Rangers will take it slow.

Daniels said there were no other problems found in the shoulder. The torn labrum is what is believed to have caused the instability in the shoulder and led to a strained muscle that sidelined Profar for the entire 2014 season.

"The expectation is the surgery resolved the problem and what has been frustrating him," Daniels said. "We expect a full recovery."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/artic...us-reports-early-eager-for-bounce-back-season

The Rangers had about a dozen players working out daily in Arlington this winter. Pitcher Derek Holland made it clear that Elvis Andrus was the leader of the pack.

"He destroyed everything," Holland said. "He is kicking tail."

Andrus is also in Rangers camp early, as the first full-squad workout isn't until Friday. The two-time All-Star shortstop wants to make up for what happened last year.

"It was a tough year last year," Andrus said. "When you go through a year like that, you have to prepare twice as hard."

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had always thought Joey would change positions myself, but they sure don't seem to be attempting to do that. They are still talking like he is a third baseman for the foreseeable future.

I don't see how if the team admires Adrian enough to sign him well before they have to for 2016 that they would even consider asking him to change positions. The whole reason they would sign Beltre so early is that they don't expect any slippage in his game. That being the case I fully expect him to be at 3B in 2016.

They are gambling on Adrian a lot here and it is a gamble that simply didn't have to be made at this time. If there had been a deadline coming up I would have understood the gamble, but I believe they had at least 7-8 more months to do this. I just don't see any downside in waiting a few months to get this done. Adrian's psyche isn't fragile enough to be affected by them not doing this before the season's end.

It is going to be very interesting if Gallo and Mazara continue to develop the way they have and if Rua turns out to be a good OF to see how the lineup shakes out for 2016.

My understanding of the Beltre contract as was written is that the 2016 option kicked in automatically with 586 (or close to that) plate appearances. I've read that JD didn't want that number becoming a distraction throughout the season, so they turned the option year into a guaranteed year. I'm sure the Rangers were expecting Beltre to meet the AB requirement - maybe this way he'd be more open to taking a day off now and then to keep the legs fresh, knowing that there is no plate appearance # to hit anymore.

I wouldn't really label it as a "gamble," any more than the nature of the business is already one.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think they recognize Gallo is in a critical point in his development, and they want to do absolutely nothing to disrupt that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost my 8 year old Engish Bulldog this morning (Billy Bob) his heart just gave out on him. Its been a sad day around the house.

BBob 2.jpg

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they recognize Gallo is in a critical point in his development, and they want to do absolutely nothing to disrupt that.

I agree, I think that they will let it play out this season at 3B during ST and in Round Rock, before they try to have him learn a new position

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that Murph. My oldest bird dog turned 10 years old this year. Not sure how much longer I'll have her, and I'm not sure what I'll do when I dont. I've shot a lot of birds over her, and even at 10 years old she found her share of birds this year. Im sure her loss will be felt, just like Billy Bob's is being felt by your family.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't think the Rangers see it as a gamble

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that Murph. My oldest bird dog turned 10 years old this year. Not sure how much longer I'll have her, and I'm not sure what I'll do when I dont. I've shot a lot of birds over her, and even at 10 years old she found her share of birds this year. Im sure her loss will be felt, just like Billy Bob's is being felt by your family.

IMG_1539.jpg
Yeah know how it is with the bird dogs, losing them is tough. This is Mack and he is having a tough time losing his buddy Bob today as well. It takes something out of you, even as a grown ass man it aint easy

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Romeo

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost my 8 year old Engish Bulldog this morning (Billy Bob) his heart just gave out on him. Its been a sad day around the house.

View attachment 13167
I feel your pain. We are big dog people. Have been there and will be again. Google the Rainbow Bridge.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding of the Beltre contract as was written is that the 2016 option kicked in automatically with 586 (or close to that) plate appearances. I've read that JD didn't want that number becoming a distraction throughout the season, so they turned the option year into a guaranteed year. I'm sure the Rangers were expecting Beltre to meet the AB requirement - maybe this way he'd be more open to taking a day off now and then to keep the legs fresh, knowing that there is no plate appearance # to hit anymore.

I wouldn't really label it as a "gamble," any more than the nature of the business is already one.

He has never wanted a day off so I don't think this would have added to that.

They are gambling that he will not have a significant injury and that he will not decline significantly. A gamble that no matter how small of a chance you think they have to lose, is still a gamble and an unnecessary one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain. We are big dog people. Have been there and will be again. Google the Rainbow Bridge.

Appreciate it DT, yeah the RB is a good piece for today. Thanks buddy