• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no hurry to lock in Beltre for 2016 at this point. We have nothing to lose by waiting and could potentially have a lot to gain should he suffer a major injury or should his production decline in 2015. If we can renew the contract at any time it wouldn't make sense to do so before necessary.

Darvish on the other hand should be extended as soon as possible. The sooner the better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers pitcher Michael Kirkman will be held out of spring training this week because of soreness in his shoulder, reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

He is expected to be reevaluated after one week of rest.

This guy cant afford to miss more time with injury issues can he? At some point when do the Rangers want to free up the roster spot, though I am pretty sure as of right now he is just on a minor league deal.

I think he will be at training camp in 2020.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no hurry to lock in Beltre for 2016 at this point. We have nothing to lose by waiting and could potentially have a lot to gain should he suffer a major injury or should his production decline in 2015. If we can renew the contract at any time it wouldn't make sense to do so before necessary.

Darvish on the other hand should be extended as soon as possible. The sooner the better.

In large part thanks to the local media, I think you can kiss him goodbye. I wouldn't blame him one bit for testing the market. Hopefully he can see beyond those blowhards and understand how appreciated he is in Texas.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In large part thanks to the local media, I think you can kiss him goodbye. I wouldn't blame him one bit for testing the market. Hopefully he can see beyond those blowhards and understand how appreciated he is in Texas.

I am hoping Wash leaving will have a positive effect on him staying.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

16 million in 2016 if option is picked up, seems pretty reasonable for his production capabilities(same as MY at the end with more production, better defense and disregarding inflation). Still a good defender and provides good production, even with a down year in hr's last season. AB had a good year even last year with virtually no protection in the lineup. Extend him another year on a team friendly deal and give him that security he's earned. You could likely move him for decent prospects if need be, and I'm betting there would be an insurance clause if some major injury did occur. These deals are always a bit of gamble because we know anything COULD happen but this one, is one that needs to be made.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No joke. Calvin Watkins deserves to be taken out back and shot for that bull shit smear piece he did on Darvish going on the DL last season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke. Calvin Watkins deserves to be taken out back and shot for that bull shit smear piece he did on Darvish going on the DL last season.

without a doubt for that very reason and basically all the other garbage he writes as well

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I once again find myself remarking how unfair that the world loses such a reasonable writer like Richard Durrett and we are stuck with the Calvin Watkins of the world. I hardly wish any ill will on Calvin as a man, but his writing is beyond sophomoric tripe.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing about Beltre's 5 year 80 million dollar contract is that in just 4 years he's provided 110 million in value already, rarely do you see a guy sign a contract like that at that age and get so much surplus value

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy thing about Beltre's 5 year 80 million dollar contract is that in just 4 years he's provided 110 million in value already, rarely do you see a guy sign a contract like that at that age and get so much surplus value
Nice avatar GRUMPY:yes:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And to think about all the naysayers back when he was signed saying how bad the contract was. Mostly Red Sox and Mariners fans I remember

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think about all the naysayers back when he was signed saying how bad the contract was. Mostly Red Sox and Mariners fans I remember
I.could see mariners fans, even though he almost reached value on his contract in Seattle, albeit mostly because of his defense, I think that last season killed him

But Boston fans got a fantastic deal on him, probably just sour milk

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.could see mariners fans, even though he almost reached value on his contract in Seattle, albeit mostly because of his defense, I think that last season killed him

But Boston fans got a fantastic deal on him, probably just sour milk

Actually be EXCEEDED value on that contract 65.7 value on 64 million

I hate looking stuff up on my phone haha

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest value deficit in any given year for Beltre was 3.2 million (first year in Seattle) bear in mind he's only had 3 years he was a negative value in relation to what he was paid,

Biggest surplus was his bonkers year in LA 25 million in surplus value, funny thing his worst and best years were back to back

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can extend him for a couple more seasons and that way he can retire a Ranger.

Actually he can retire a Ranger regardless if he's with us at the end of his playing career or not. But I think I know where you're coming from, and the sentiment isn't lost on me.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember bitter Yankees and Angels fans mostly. I also remember a few MY apologists that hated it because he was Mr. Ranger. It was for sure one of the better signings in Ranger's history.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember bitter Yankees and Angels fans mostly. I also remember a few MY apologists that hated it because he was Mr. Ranger. It was for sure one of the better signings in Ranger's history.

One guy, LA_Archangel would not shut up about what a bad deal it was, and that the Rangers were just signing him to try to one-up the Angels. He likened it to the Vernon Wells signing. :laugh3: