• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think about all the naysayers back when he was signed saying how bad the contract was. Mostly Red Sox and Mariners fans I remember

I remember a lot of folks on the DMN board did not want him because he supposedly only did well in contract years. Although, I think many of the ones saying that were only doing so to provide an excuse for the front office because they didn't think we could sign him. Once we signed him we never really heard that any longer.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy, LA_Archangel would not shut up about what a bad deal it was, and that the Rangers were just signing him to try to one-up the Angels. He likened it to the Vernon Wells signing. :laugh3:

Not many can be compared to the Vernon Wells signing. However, it seems a lot of productive players have gone to the LAA to see their numbers plummet. Maybe it's just because I despise them so much.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing all these pictures of Spring Training in action makes me wish I could go again this year. What an awesome experience.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing all these pictures of Spring Training in action makes me wish I could go again this year. What an awesome experience.

I am thinking of getting out there in the next couple weeks to take in a few days of ST. You got any suggestions?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/artic...-impresses-mike-maddux-during-bullpen-session

"Neftali looked sharp," Maddux said. "I see a guy recommitted to why he was good and what he has to do to be good. He looks really good. His attitude is to take nothing for granted. You saw that sometimes in the past, but I don't see any signs of that this year."

Tolleson, who should be in the Rangers' bullpen in some capacity, said he can tell a difference being another year removed from back surgery. He is hoping that translates into a more prominent role in the bullpen. He is not necessarily concerned with what inning he pitches, he just wants to earn the Rangers' trust to pitch in big situations.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/artic...-impresses-mike-maddux-during-bullpen-session

"Neftali looked sharp," Maddux said. "I see a guy recommitted to why he was good and what he has to do to be good. He looks really good. His attitude is to take nothing for granted. You saw that sometimes in the past, but I don't see any signs of that this year."

Tolleson, who should be in the Rangers' bullpen in some capacity, said he can tell a difference being another year removed from back surgery. He is hoping that translates into a more prominent role in the bullpen. He is not necessarily concerned with what inning he pitches, he just wants to earn the Rangers' trust to pitch in big situations.
Encouraging to hear Maddux comment on Neffie's attitude.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking of getting out there in the next couple weeks to take in a few days of ST. You got any suggestions?

Let's see... the practice fields open at 10 am and it's completely free to walk around. The layout is pretty self-explanatory and easy to figure out. I think different days have different schedules; a day with an afternoon game didn't have warm-up exercises while I was there but a day with a night game did. Practices usually last about 2 hours or so. The complex is easily the most fan-accessible of any in the area, you will probably find yourself within arms reach of players many times. The minor leaguers play at the rear of the complex and it's all open there too... my buddy and I (along with other fans) basically were a part of one of the meetings of the minor league players one morning. Here's a photo:

IMG_1100_zps1efd73aa.jpg

That's Odor on the far left and Gallo on the far right. There's no barrier or anything, they're just right there out in the open.

There aren't any stands that sell water or food at the practice fields so I'd recommend bringing water if you're there for a few hours, and there's some restaurants right down the road in Surprise. You can leave and come back as many times as you want each day. I burn easily so I had sunscreen as well. If you're into autographs this is a great opportunity for them so take that into account. The stadium is nice, prices are decent and the beer selection was pretty good. Fans were laid back and friendly, it's just a great baseball scene overall.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info, its been 25 years since I have been to ST in Arizona. Long before the Rangers were in Surprise. My family lives out in Scottsdale still, so I may go visit and take in some Rangers ST. Sounds like a great experience for a fan

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info, its been 25 years since I have been to ST in Arizona. Long before the Rangers were in Surprise. My family lives out in Scottsdale still, so I may go visit and take in some Rangers ST. Sounds like a great experience for a fan
Git going and have a great time. :yes:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada and Boston have reached a deal. 30M signing bonus
31.5 mill to be exact but what is another 1.5 mill. Wouldn't we all like to have just that 1.5 mill as a signing bonus with a new company.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets to manage whoever we face next in the World Series. It always helps to have any edge you can get.

That's the only way I forgive him for blowing the 2011 WS is to gift is one himself.