• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Daniels will be on with Norm Hitzges this morning on The Ticket. Not sure of the time, but it will be between now and Noon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few of the highlights from Norm's interview with JD.

JD likes being counted out in the national publications. He says external expectations are down, but not the internal expectations.

Of course he sees Prince returning healthy as very important.

He wants Profar playing everyday and he expects his talent level to still be as high as ever. He mentioned his instinct, internal clock, feel for the game, and control of the strike zone as what he has going for him that should still be just as good as ever.

He mentioned Rua as competing for at bats in LF.

He acknowledged that the 5th spot in the rotation is open for competition.

When asked who he is looking forward to seeing in ST he mentioned Elvis and Leonys as two veterans he wanted to see. He wants to see if they are ready to raise their play to a new level. He also mentioned that he wants to see if Detwiler will be a rotation member or a power piece in the bullpen. He mentioned seeing Jackson and Kela as youngsters that he wanted to see. He is interested in seeing if they fit in now or later.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming October JD will become the longest tenured Rangers GM in franchise history and will be the 6th longest tenured current GM in the big leagues.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming October JD will become the longest tenured Rangers GM in franchise history and will be the 6th longest tenured current GM in the big leagues.

I found this to be very surprising.

I like JD. And the one of the things I've always appreciated about him is his straight forwardness in dealing with questions. He didn't bob or weave when Hitzges asked if it was fair to say the organization/team is "somewhat dependent" on Prince bouncing back, and not just for the 2015 season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this to be very surprising.

I like JD. And the one of the things I've always appreciated about him is his straight forwardness in dealing with questions. He didn't bob or weave when Hitzges asked if it was fair to say the organization/team is "somewhat dependent" on Prince bouncing back, and not just for the 2015 season.

He is a straight shooter. When he says something is going to happen in a certain fashion then you can count on it. If he can't be upfront he will say he can't comment. You can trust him to do what he says he will do. He is also available to make comments like that on a regular basis and I really like that.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the interview with JD I am ready to see what transpires. I really think we will see Prince come back to being a very productive bat. And if Choo can stay healthy I see him getting things back together.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the interview with JD I am ready to see what transpires. I really think we will see Prince come back to being a very productive bat. And if Choo can stay healthy I see him getting things back together.

That was a good question and answer session with the two of them wasn't it?

I think Choo will be fine. He took one for the team - unnecessarily so IMO - last year. He should have been put down - not literally of course - much early in the year.

My highest of hopes for ST this year is (1) decent health and (2) everyone given a fair/equal opportunity to win a spot. (2) hasn't always been this way for us I don't think.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a straight shooter. When he says something is going to happen in a certain fashion then you can count on it. If he can't be upfront he will say he can't comment. You can trust him to do what he says he will do. He is also available to make comments like that on a regular basis and I really like that.

I don't think it will 100% happen just cause he says it lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will 100% happen just cause he says it lol

That depends on if he is giving an opinion or telling you something that he has control over. I haven't seen him lie to us yet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if any of you on this board are in the DMN Bloggerheads Fantasy Baseball League besides Murph, but I have renewed the league just now. If you are in it you should have received an email invitation to rejoin.

I am looking forward to another year of fantasy baseball.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good question and answer session with the two of them wasn't it?

I think Choo will be fine. He took one for the team - unnecessarily so IMO - last year. He should have been put down - not literally of course - much early in the year.

My highest of hopes for ST this year is (1) decent health and (2) everyone given a fair/equal opportunity to win a spot. (2) hasn't always been this way for us I don't think.

I can agree with those points completely. I think if we stay healthy we will have a very competitive team that could land at least a wild card spot.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for ST to start. I enjoy watching the youngsters and when the regulars start mixing it with them. I wonder who will be the surprise this year?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for ST to start. I enjoy watching the youngsters and when the regulars start mixing it with them. I wonder who will be the surprise this year?
Hope it's the rotation but Rua and Profar would be nice

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep thinking Choice is going to put it together this year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Jim Bowden on where FA pitcher Joba Chamberlain may fit.

Joba Chamberlain
Best fits: 1. Rangers, 2. Twins

Chamberlain, 29, has the same problem as Soriano: He must explain away a poor second half. Chamberlain was quite impressive in the first half, with a 2.63 ERA and 1.14 WHIP in 37 2/3 innings. But his ERA jumped to close to 5.00 in the second half, and his strikeout rate dropped significantly.

Chamberlain is hoping to hitch on to a contender, but he might be better served signing with a team with which he can have a strong first half and then get traded to a contender at the trade deadline. Both the Rangers and Twins could use another reliever, and Chamberlain would be a good gamble (and potential trade chip) for either one.