• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 football season thread

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp is right. I always try to keep a level head at the end of the day.

From what I've seen so far, I'm having doubts that this team is ready for PAC play. There has been some bright spots like the play of our D front. But the offense is looking very shaky.

PAC play is here. Still excited, but I feel like my expectations for this team have been downgraded since the summer. We look like a 7-8 win team at best right now, not 9+, even with the benefit of the extra OOC game added to our 2014 W total.

Ready or not, here comes the PAC.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp is right. I always try to keep a level head at the end of the day.

From what I've seen so far, I'm having doubts that this team is ready for PAC play. There has been some bright spots like the play of our D front. But the offense is looking very shaky.

PAC play is here. Still excited, but I feel like my expectations for this team have been downgraded since the summer. We look like a 7-8 win team at best right now, not 9+, even with the benefit of the extra OOC game added to our 2014 W total.

Ready or not, here comes the PAC.

Yeah. The only thing I know for sure is we have the talent to compete. Getting the kids motivated and up to the task seems to be a problem.

Reading after game comments from players they pretty much said they took GS lightly. Well guys, we aren't Oregon, not sure what grounds you think you have to take anyone lightly...

But it happens. I personally feel Coach Pete can't wait until he has a roster of OKGs. He seems to go after kids that are self starters and don't lack motivation.

One things for sure, they shouldnt have any trouble getting up for the Stanford game, and if they do, it could be a very long season.

Not sure we win it, but we better show up.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as bothered by the fact they all said they took this game lightly and/or were looking ahead to Stanford. That stuff happens against teams you are supposed to blow out.

The troubling part is they barely beat Hawaii, had problems with Eastern, and are taking ANYONE lightly? But worse, it takes these kids and the coaching staff the entire first half to begin to do anything about it?

We saw this with Sark's early teams. Remember @ Nebraska? Teams come out flat, have bad calls from officials, and other things that prevent you from running your game. You CANNOT take an entire half to respond. You just can't.

It tells me we don't have any real leadership from the kids themselves, and I'm not confident that the coaches are organized enough to make in game reactions. That is what worries me.

As for the offense, we can only hope they have been holding back quite a bit of their play knowing they were going against sub par teams all this time. The play calling has been uninspired and the execution off in huge chunks, but they can't live off draw plays up the gut, screen passes, and a few fly sweeps. That has easily been 85% of their total offense thus far. Miles is going to have to show he is a down field threat or teams are just going to stuff the line and dare him to beat them and right now I don't think he can.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Neuheisel was right, this team is very immature, so much so that it is surprising to Petersen. As I have said many times, a team takes on the personality of the head coach. Thanks Sark. ~ Guy from the dawgpound

I really think thats the biggest issue. I've heard Coach Pete say some things leading me to believe he'd like to choke some of the guys. Things like he walks into the locker room and cant believe whats going on at a university of UWs magnitude.etc

Stuff like that takes time to correct, and the simple fact is it might not be corrected until he has more of his guys in the locker room than Sarks guys.

When it comes down to it this team has the talent to make some noise in the pac. It's on the kids to grow up a little bit and want to succeed, and work towards that every single down. I believe the coaching staff knows what they are doing, the guys have to buy in.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Neuheisel was right, this team is very immature, so much so that it is surprising to Petersen. As I have said many times, a team takes on the personality of the head coach. Thanks Sark. ~ Guy from the dawgpound

I really think thats the biggest issue. I've heard Coach Pete say some things leading me to believe he'd like to choke some of the guys. Things like he walks into the locker room and cant believe whats going on at a university of UWs magnitude.etc

Stuff like that takes time to correct, and the simple fact is it might not be corrected until he has more of his guys in the locker room than Sarks guys.

When it comes down to it this team has the talent to make some noise in the pac. It's on the kids to grow up a little bit and want to succeed, and work towards that every single down. I believe the coaching staff knows what they are doing, the guys have to buy in.

There are some serious concerns, but I still believe in this coaching staff, they are so much better then the last staff, (honestly if that staff was still here they would be 2-2 or 1-3) I believe this new staff will get what they want out of these kids, (or they will be gone) , lets see how Stanford game goes....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening line for game is out.

Stanford -6

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the offense, we can only hope they have been holding back quite a bit of their play knowing they were going against sub par teams all this time. The play calling has been uninspired and the execution off in huge chunks, but they can't live off draw plays up the gut, screen passes, and a few fly sweeps. That has easily been 85% of their total offense thus far. Miles is going to have to show he is a down field threat or teams are just going to stuff the line and dare him to beat them and right now I don't think he can.

That's probably the case. I'm far more concerned with what's happening on the other side of the ball. I really hope they have been holding back with the defensive play calling, because it has been so vanilla and ineffective.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That poor kid, he's battled back time and time again, this sucks....

Yeah, he was all set to be the guy when Polk left. He got hurt and nothing worked out for him since. It really does suck.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible news. Poor kid. :pout:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk these kids up when there playing lights out football and of course tear them apart when there not playing well, Callier is one that you want to root for, I really hope he finishes school and goes on in life and really finds his calling....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk these kids up when there playing lights out football and of course tear them apart when there not playing well, Callier is one that you want to root for, I really hope he finishes school and goes on in life and really finds his calling....

Its easy to get frustrated when things arent going well. I've always tried very hard not to rag on the kids unless they do something really stupid. Take Peters suspension for example, I felt it was a stupid penalty and left it at that, until his meltdown.

But as far as production goes I don't feel I have any right to target the kids in any mean/nasty way.

I wish the best for Callier. He's a strong willed kid and by all accounts is keeping positive with this new setback and not giving up on football.

Good for him. I hope we havent heard the last of him and his football career wherever it may take him. But if so, as you stated, heres to the best for him in anything he decides to pursue. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up this morning and had this little funny feeling that Dawgs will upset Stanford this weekend...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up this morning and had this little funny feeling that Dawgs will upset Stanford this weekend...

Definitely a possibility.

I think it will be low scoring and if it is going into the 4th Q, I like our chances.

I watched Jason Sehorn give the worse pre-game analysis I ever saw concerning this game.

All he really said was Chris Petersens teams will score pts, but they wont score enough against Stanford

Didn't even touch the strength of UW, the front 7. He did give props to Stanfords D, which IMO is a little overrated. They played a bad FCS school and Army, who never throws the ball. So their lofty pass D rating isn't accurate IMO. Then of course the USC loss, which they performed well, no argument here on that one.

I think they do have a good D, but it's not the best in the country, time will bear that out. Would be nice if it happened this weekend. :suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...the one big worry I have is that if Furd loses this game, thats 2 conference losses already. They are going to come in focused and determined to not let that happen.

Coach Pete better have the Dawgs focused and ready to rumble.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Petersen announced today that WR John Ross and RT Ben Riva will be available for the Stanford game. :suds: