• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it ironic that you allow every swear word in the world to be published yet you delete a comment(s) because The KraftyOne (TKO) is somehow offended. Interesting but as long as he is civil with me I will be civil with him and as long as you understand his complaint about trolling him and stalking him is crap.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profanity is allowed. Personal attacks completely unrelated to any actual football are not. It's pretty simple, and bickering over who started what is irrelevant.

Like I said, the past is the past. In the future, people attacking people will be handled as it happens.

paperchamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want another stud TE as bad as any other fan,but I am also very concerned with this Oline. Brady is gonna need a lot better protection to play 4-5 more years.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want another stud TE as bad as any other fan,but I am also very concerned with this Oline. Brady is gonna need a lot better protection to play 4-5 more years.

The more I think of it. TE makes a lot of sense. Not sure if anyone is out there as a FA. I have to look. I am not that concerned about the OL. We are missing Seabass which to me is as big a loss at Mayo and Vince. We were forced to play Cannon there, and I thought we would see more of him at RG over Connelly, or I would have hoped. Losing Solder does not help at all, now we have Mankins at LT. One spot I want us to look at is C, we need to improve there. Again, it all depends on who is out there on the FA market. We could prob make are line better from there, and grab a veteran that has been cut. Plenty of time before the draft and FA.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight end is not a position that should be addressed in the early rounds. The idea to keep throwing around of that is absurd.

Why is JDM the moderator of this thread when he continuously shows that he has absolutely NO CLUE.

How is the Patriots red zone offense without Gronk? I will give you a hint. It sucks.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs projected in the the 1st two rounds from two sites:

1. Lyerla, Seferian-Jenkins, Grimble, Amaro, Lynch, Ebron

2. Amaro, Ebron, Seferian-Jenkins, Jensen, Fiedorowicz

They should be able to add a good player. I usually go to NFLDraftScout but it must be down right now.

Krafty -

Lyeria is a coke head and was thrown out of school. Very good athlete. Someone will draft him in rounds 5 through 7.

Seferian-Jenkins, Amaro and Ebron will be long gone by the time the Patriots draft in round 2 from their original slot. They will either have to draft them in round 1 (if any of them are still there) or have to trade up. Chances of getting them are not good.

Grimble, Lynch and Jensen are slow-footed stiffs that would never make it in this offense.

If you really want to draft a tight end, Fiedorowicz is the perfect end of round 2 tight end selection that would fit perfectly in the Patriots offense. He is a red zone machine, coached by Hernandez's brother (that would be the karma of it all), and is a VERY good inline blocker.

And for the record, I still think the University of Iowa should have fired Ferentz after last years' season. There is a reason why he is called 8-4 (FOUR) Ferentz never mind all of the kids that have been busted boozing, bonging, and banging chicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krafty -

Lyeria is a coke head and was thrown out of school. Very good athlete. Someone will draft him in rounds 5 through 7.

Seferian-Jenkins, Amaro and Ebron will be long gone by the time the Patriots draft in round 2 from their original slot. They will either have to draft them in round 1 (if any of them are still there) or have to trade up. Chances of getting them are not good.

Grimble, Lynch and Jensen are slow-footed stiffs that would never make it in this offense.

If you really want to draft a tight end, Fiedorowicz is the perfect end of round 2 tight end selection that would fit perfectly in the Patriots offense. He is a red zone machine, coached by Hernandez's brother (that would be the karma of it all), and is a VERY good inline blocker.

And for the record, I still think the University of Iowa should have fired Ferentz after last years' season. There is a reason why he is called 8-4 (FOUR) Ferentz never mind all of the kids that have been busted boozing, bonging, and banging chicks.

Here is my take on this and I agree with the assessment. I feel TE is the biggest need on this team at the moment. And it's not unlike BB to leave the " Experts " scratching their heads. There is no guarantee Fiedorowicz will be there end of round two, we draft kind of late in the round. BB may just take him in the first or trade our first for a second and a much later pick then take him with the earlier second. Point is BB is not afraid to trade or reach for a player of need.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krafty -

I haven't watched as much as a full game of College ball this year Bru so I'll defer to your assessment. They'll all be dissected by the time the draft rolls around but I'll try to find some film of Fiedorowicz and read some profiles on him. I was surprised how Sudfeld fell off the edge of the world but I guess it means we should look for players that have a different skill set???

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is JDM the moderator of this thread when he continuously shows that he has absolutely NO CLUE.

How is the Patriots red zone offense without Gronk? I will give you a hint. It sucks.

You don't spend a first round pick on a position you have head and shoulders the best in the league at, especially when you have more pressing needs.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have pretty much learned that. I guess he just thinks Dobson can do it all.

Or a top of the line Corner, safety, de, or WR to play opposite Dobson would all add far more value than another tight end.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a top of the line Corner, safety, de, or WR to play opposite Dobson would all add far more value than another tight end.

How many years do you think we need to consecutively draft a corner or safety? Personally I think the organization fails at the position it might be better addressing that position via the FA market. And I do not by any means think that is a higher priority then TE. The fact that they gave Nink a contract last year indicates to me the need for a DE needn't be addressed in rounds one or two which is where I think if the team wants a quality TE they need to be looking. Bottom line IMO Red Zone efficiency has dropped off and IMO that is because of TE play. Gronk seems to be inured a lot and when he is out any TE we bring in is Sub Par. And you cannot debate the effectiveness of the two TE set when we have Aaron and Rob were both healthy and active.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez was a steal, for reasons we have seen. He had value as a late pick. As anything resembling a top flight pick, he wasn't close to worth it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez was a steal, for reasons we have seen. He had value as a late pick. As anything resembling a top flight pick, he wasn't close to worth it.

It's not about individual talents it's how those combined talents support one another and better the team. It's not like we haven't drafted a TE in the early rounds in the past Rob was a second round pick.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can get a perfectly good supplemental tight end late. A first rounder should be on the field most every play. Even with the frequency we run two tight end sets a second tight end isn't worth a first round pick. He won't see the field enough.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you can get a perfectly good supplemental tight end late. A first rounder should be on the field most every play. Even with the frequency we run two tight end sets a second tight end isn't worth a first round pick. He won't see the field enough.

He will if we go back to the two TE set. As I said first or second round, I am okay with either, but the overall productivity and red zone efficiency of two quality TEs was evident in years past. The Pats are gonna make Talib and offer at this point that all depends on Aquib and we have taken six or seven secondary guy in the last three drafts its getting old and other needs are not being filled. If we can stop settling for field goals and start scoring TDs again that benefits the team a lot more than drafting yet another DB

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You continue to show your lack of knowledge. The Patriots do not have a quality 2nd tight end and in this offense, that is what BB desperately needs and furthermore, BB and Caserio already know it.

S M H.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And finally - you clearly have not evaluated this draft class. But hey - by all means, continue to speak in hypotheticals and unicorn tales.