• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I just think the need for TE is greater then DE. When we had Aaron and Rob this team was tough, real tough teams had issues stopping the two TE set especially with a speedy slot guy which we have. If Armestead comes back with Vince and Kelly there is potential at the DT position. I am not entirely sure Buchannon is done I still see potential. IMO after round three the TE talent drops, really after round two. There is still some talent at DE in round three. Our Red Zone efficiency is horrible and another TE would help that. To me if you want to take as you said a project DE you can wait until the third round.

What about a TE like Eric Ebron? He says he's entering the draft and I've seen him mocked to the Pats:

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is projected as an early first I just don't think he will be available to us.

TEs projected in the the 1st two rounds from two sites:

1. Lyerla, Seferian-Jenkins, Grimble, Amaro, Lynch, Ebron

2. Amaro, Ebron, Seferian-Jenkins, Jensen, Fiedorowicz

They should be able to add a good player. I usually go to NFLDraftScout but it must be down right now.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should be able to add a good player. I usually go to NFLDraftScout but it must be down right now.

I agree that they should be able to get a decent TE if that is where BB goes you just never know with him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes me sad, I hate when kids are sick. I truly do wish you and yours the best of luck with this, be strong for her and your child. And hopefully this does not offend but God Bless you and yours.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep a stiff upper lip. Remember to try to take moments for yourself and your husband. Cry when you can and stay strong. Kids are stronger than adults. They give us strength and show such grace.

I hope the best for your son and you and your family.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense should be the factor in this draft, yes they need another TE but defense is the priority. The last couple of years with one of the best offenses every year, it didn't matter because the D couldn't stop anyone and still can't. Yes injuries to Wilfork and Mayo are a factor but the secondary is a joke. Is Talib really worth what he will be asking for?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post

I agree that they should be able to get a decent TE if that is where BB goes you just never know with him.
-------------

I hope we go offense first. Unless there is a stud at D that slips to us. But we NEED a great TE. It's clear! Amaro or ASJ please!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Ridley is back on this team next yr and the lead RB or is it Blount, or is Veeren is going to be a 3rd down back or is it Bolden's turn??

Yes Yes Yes and Yes.

I think Ridley will be back, and I think Vereen will be back, and Bolden has show potential and Blount is avg 4.5 YPC so I see no need at all to draft a RB.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Yes Yes and Yes.

I think Ridley will be back, and I think Vereen will be back, and Bolden has show potential and Blount is avg 4.5 YPC so I see no need at all to draft a RB.

OK...LOL. I want to think Ridley is back, I still think he is their best runner and thought RB would not be an issue for this team. IDK....who knows with BB.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in order to get it right you need to get rid of Patricia. I would like another rush DE then a quality defensive coordinator.

Why did we every get rid of Pees Mojo? Or did he leave on his own, I cannot remember.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Mojo about the TE. That needs to be at the top of the list for sure. I would love to get someone to replace Vince, but that does not have to come in this draft, not like Vince is 37 coming of an injury. I think with Vince, Kelly, Velano, Jones, Spags, Armsteed, and the new kid, plus we have both Francis's on the PS. The one from Mia is suppose to be a good player, unless we let him go. I think for the next few yrs, this DL can be pretty good. We can look for the big project DT in the later rounds and if it pans out, well we can use him with Vince if Kelly is done after this yr. We need another pass rusher. It would be sick to have another one with CJ. If Spikes is not here next yr, then we can finally have HT in the middle where he belongs wit Mayo and Collins as the OLB. My list would be:

TE
S/DE
CB
OL
DL.
LB
RB

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember at this point but Patricia sux.

Pees left when his contract ended in 2009... then they became role players.

"Titles are fine, nothing wrong with them," Belichick said on Patriots.com, "but the most important thing is each person's role, that we do everything we can to help the players succeed -- everyone collectively getting the job done."The Patriots and Dean Pees, who served as defensive coordinator the last four seasons, parted ways in January.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, all the posts in this thread are about football except yours and the ones generated because of them.

Please let us discuss football.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Mojo about the TE. That needs to be at the top of the list for sure. I would love to get someone to replace Vince, but that does not have to come in this draft, not like Vince is 37 coming of an injury. I think with Vince, Kelly, Velano, Jones, Spags, Armsteed, and the new kid, plus we have both Francis's on the PS. The one from Mia is suppose to be a good player, unless we let him go. I think for the next few yrs, this DL can be pretty good. We can look for the big project DT in the later rounds and if it pans out, well we can use him with Vince if Kelly is done after this yr. We need another pass rusher. It would be sick to have another one with CJ. If Spikes is not here next yr, then we can finally have HT in the middle where he belongs wit Mayo and Collins as the OLB. My list would be:

TE
S/DE
CB
OL
DL.
LB
RB

I could live with that but any list will depend on the players available when they're up. All things being equal, I'd put the following positions on my wish list for the first four rounds...not in any particular order except I wouldn't take a safety in the 1st round.

DE -- DT-- TE -- SS

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your history elsewhere is irrelevant. Here, all this personal shit won't happen. If people want to be friendly and discuss their lives in whatever manner, that's cool. When it's attacks, it will be handled.

Consider this a fresh start. Your history doesn't matter here. Come, talk football, enjoy yourselves. If you can't do more civilly, then keep it at that. Everyone else just wants to talk football, and that is what these boards are for.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your history elsewhere is irrelevant. Here, all this personal shit won't happen. If people want to be friendly and discuss their lives in whatever manner, that's cool. When it's attacks, it will be handled.

Consider this a fresh start. Your history doesn't matter here. Come, talk football, enjoy yourselves. If you can't do more civilly, then keep it at that. Everyone else just wants to talk football, and that is what these boards are for.

Just as long you understand I didn't start anything with her once again nor did I retaliate in kind so blame the right person.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as long you understand I didn't start anything with her once again nor did I retaliate in kind so blame the right person.

Shalle we go back and look at your comments degrading me as both a woman and a poster? I think you would not want to do that and you did most certainly start this but I have had my say and will refrain from further comment.