• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Hamilton met with the mariners today. I just don't see that happening.

anything is possible and Washington state did just legalize marijuana which could be highly interesting to him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats sign Haren to a 1 yr 13m deal pending physical.

Should take them out of the greinke market. If they were ever actually in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything is possible and Washington state did just legalize marijuana which could be highly interesting to him

:L

Josh didn't smoke pot. Said he hated the feeling it gave him and made him sick.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lighten up, it was a joke. too damn serious

I just react to that sort of thing because it seems like everybody who isn't a ranger fan thinks they know his story and I've heard he did everything from pot to heroine to LSD, and they're all wrong, but act like they all know. That's all.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just react to that sort of thing because it seems like everybody who isn't a ranger fan thinks they know his story and I've heard he did everything from pot to heroine to LSD, and they're all wrong, but act like they all know. That's all.

i understand that but you and i have gone back and forth for years and i thought you would see it for what it was

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand that but you and i have gone back and forth for years and i thought you would see it for what it was

Hard to put tone in writing I guess.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay. so do you think he signs back with the Rangers? or with someone like Seattle

I don't think Seattle is able to give him anything that the rangers won't be able to match. I believe JD has this played perfect. He's letting josh see for himself that the market is wary of a big dollars long term deal. He'll see that and circle back to the rangers and try to get something done. It's absolutely the right move to let josh come to the rangers rather than pursue him.

People are saying the rangers are in hard on Hamilton, but JD is saying they haven't even met. Josh came to the meetings to test the market, and I think he's anxious to sign. I don't think we'll see him hold out like fielder did. I think if he doesn't sign a big contract with a team like the phillies he'll end up in Texas on a more reasonable deal than we thought. I don't see Seattle being able to offer him anything that Texas would let him go there for.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Seattle is able to give him anything that the rangers won't be able to match. I believe JD has this played perfect. He's letting josh see for himself that the market is wary of a big dollars long term deal. He'll see that and circle back to the rangers and try to get something done. It's absolutely the right move to let josh come to the rangers rather than pursue him.

People are saying the rangers are in hard on Hamilton, but JD is saying they haven't even met. Josh came to the meetings to test the market, and I think he's anxious to sign. I don't think we'll see him hold out like fielder did. I think if he doesn't sign a big contract with a team like the phillies he'll end up in Texas on a more reasonable deal than we thought. I don't see Seattle being able to offer him anything that Texas would let him go there for.

how many years and how much?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and hamilton making progress on a deal. Also saw a rumor where rangers are considering signing hamilton than trading andrus for upton. Anyone buying the elvis for jups rumor? I mean it would be good if rangers can get a good pitcher for cruz?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Hamilton met with the mariners today. I just don't see that happening.

They are DESPERATE for a bat. I could see them being the ones to way overspend on him.

If we are going to lose him, I hope it is to them. Makes the chances that they have to dump King Felix eventually that much greater.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yup, smart not to give him a "here is what I can get, beat it" paper to parade around. Now all teams have to do their own guessing on his value, and last year isn't helping him any.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and hamilton making progress on a deal. Also saw a rumor where rangers are considering signing hamilton than trading andrus for upton. Anyone buying the elvis for jups rumor? I mean it would be good if rangers can get a good pitcher for cruz?

Would make one or two of Cruz, Gentry, Martin, or Murphy available.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In that scenario (which I like)(minus losing Elvis)....... I believe Cruz would be shopped for a starting catcher.

No idea what happens rotation wise though...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

doing that probably means Hamilton in center and i'm not sure i like that.

if we re-sign Hamilton i could see the Rangers trading Elvis for a starter and not for another outfielder.

also would like to see us sign Adam LaRoche which would make Moreland available as part of the trade for a starter

like the idea of starting Gentry in CF and batting 1st with Profar at SS and batting 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doing that probably means Hamilton in center and i'm not sure i like that.

if we re-sign Hamilton i could see the Rangers trading Elvis for a starter and not for another outfielder.

like the idea of starting Gentry in CF and batting 1st with Profar at SS and batting 2nd

Love that, blocks Martin though.