• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."

"I believe their interest is serious," added Mort. "There are people who believe they could take him at No. 2." There is increasing buzz surrounding St. Louis' volatile quarterback position, where with a $14.015 million salary, Sam Bradford is arguably the most overpaid player in football. Installing Manziel as their starter, and moving on from Bradford, would save the Rams roughly $7 million in immediate cap space while adding a dynamic dual-threat under center, building up the offense in division-rivals San Francisco and Seattle's likeness.

May 2 - 3:41 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am hoping and praying that we draft this kid:

Dri Archer - RB - Golden Flashes

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Kent State OW Dri Archer could go as high as Round 3.

"At just 5-8, 173, you expect Archer to be fast -- and he is. He ran a blazing 4.26 40 and put up a 38-inch vertical, but Archer is also seriously strong. He put up 20 reps at 225 pounds. Think about that total from a player his size," Kiper wrote. He ran that 4.26 forty in 18 steps, tying Calvin Johnson's combine record for fewest needed. Archer's injury-plagued 2013 campaign hurt his draft stock (he ran for 1,429 yards during his junior season and fell to 527 in 2013), but scouts haven't forgotten about him.
Source: ESPN Insider

May 3 - 12:30 AM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Johnny Manziel - QB - Player

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that the Rams' interest in Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is "genuine."

"I believe their interest is serious," added Mort. "There are people who believe they could take him at No. 2." There is increasing buzz surrounding St. Louis' volatile quarterback position, where with a $14.015 million salary, Sam Bradford is arguably the most overpaid player in football. Installing Manziel as their starter, and moving on from Bradford, would save the Rams roughly $7 million in immediate cap space while adding a dynamic dual-threat under center, building up the offense in division-rivals San Francisco and Seattle's likeness.

May 2 - 3:41 PM

So if I'm reading this right, half the teams in the league are definitely going to draft Manziel....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I'm reading this right, half the teams in the league are definitely going to draft Manziel....

Embellishing are you? The count is 15, not half the league (16). ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy mock. It has SF picking two QBs, two WRs, and Marquise Lee surviving until pick 87 (late 3rd).

2014 NFL Draft: Mock Draft 7 Rounds and Analysis @ PredictionMachine.com

But atleast we draft Dee Ford in the 7th round! :noidea:

Maybe it went over our heads - like when you go to a museum and say, "an all red painting is art?" Maybe he is going to the extreme to say that none of us have a freakin' clue how it's going to go.

The NFL should have a million/billion dollar giveaway for anyone who can predict the whole first round, including trades, correctly. A much lesser prize for whoever gets farthest or has the most correct.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe it went over our heads - like when you go to a museum and say, "an all red painting is art?" Maybe he is going to the extreme to say that none of us have a freakin' clue how it's going to go.

The NFL should have a million/billion dollar giveaway for anyone who can predict the whole first round, including trades, correctly. A much lesser prize for whoever gets farthest or has the most correct.

Not how it's going to go, but how it SHOULD go. And who knows? He could be right. God knows plenty of high picks aren't worth more than a 6th or 7th round choice. But I'm skeptical in the case of a lot of these picks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why isn't Ryan Shazier considered a top 10 pick? The dude could be the next Derrick Brooks. If I had a choice between the overrated Khalil Mack & Shazier I'd take the latter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Quite possibly the worst mock I've ever seen

lol how old is that?

At least they're giving some much-deserved love to EJ Gaines.

It's not the worst of all time though. The one someone posted in 2003 that had Ken Dorsey & Kwame Harris in the top 5 still holds that title.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not how it's going to go, but how it SHOULD go. And who knows? He could be right. God knows plenty of high picks aren't worth more than a 6th or 7th round choice. But I'm skeptical in the case of a lot of these picks.

It's called, "prediction machine" and has the draft. So I guess it could be what the long intro talking about predicting where they should go. But when talking about a mock draft as a prediction machine, it sounds like they're predicting what will happen. It's probably my fault, I didn't read the intro totally. I just read how they got their list. I didn't read for what purpose.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

That title is misleading. He was making an open-field tackle there & didn't get juked by one of the most dangerous players in college football. He didn't have any forward momentum 'cause he was keeping lateral contain.

Not saying Watkins isn't great; he has both speed & power. But I'm reminded of a play where a Giants' tight end had forward momentum & Lott had backwards momentum & the TE dragged Ronnie Lott for like 10 yards. Nobody claims Lott was a bad tackler.

Shazier is the shit. And I'm sure you agree with that assessment.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol how old is that?

At least they're giving some much-deserved love to EJ Gaines.

It's not the worst of all time though. The one someone posted in 2003 that had Ken Dorsey & Kwame Harris in the top 5 still holds that title.

Lol I must of either missed that one or completely forgot it. That's was a very long time ago and I was a teenager.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont take that video as an endorsement from me. I don't think he will be able to play linebacker. He gets destroyed by lineman too often. Gets pushed around and cant get off blocks. His best bet IMO, is move to SS in the NFL.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sounds like another way for Warren Buffett to try and give away part of his fortune! :clap:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That title is misleading. He was making an open-field tackle there & didn't get juked by one of the most dangerous players in college football. He didn't have any forward momentum 'cause he was keeping lateral contain.

Not saying Watkins isn't great; he has both speed & power. But I'm reminded of a play where a Giants' tight end had forward momentum & Lott had backwards momentum & the TE dragged Ronnie Lott for like 10 yards. Nobody claims Lott was a bad tackler.

Shazier is the shit. And I'm sure you agree with that assessment.

He's good but he's no Derrick Brooks collegiate level good. Brooks dominated in college and he carried that dominance style of play to the pro level. Brooks used to hit like a Mack Truck. Shazier is more of a tackler than a head banger.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Gilbert - DB - Player

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, most NFL scouts have Justin Gilbert and Bradley Roby rated as the top corners in the 2014 draft.

"What's interesting about the corners is that most of the personnel guys have Roby and Gilbert as their highest rated because they have better movement skills," Mayock said. "Coaches like Kyle Fuller and Darqueze Dennard because they're better football players today." Mayock believes Roby has a chance to be the second corner off the board despite his recent legal troubles. Gilbert is a potential top-15 pick.
Source: Baltimore Sun

May 3 - 9:50 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Fuller - DB - Player

NFL Network's Mike Mayock considers Virginia Tech's Kyle Fuller the 2014 draft's top cornerback.

"One of my favorite players," Mayock said. "Can play on, off, he can play man or zone. You know what you're getting. He has it in his DNA. Fuller is my No. 1, first- round corner." A pro-ready, complete corner with versatility, Fuller has been one of the draft's biggest risers since the Combine. Mayock lists the Eagles as a fit for Fuller at No. 22 overall.
Source: Baltimore Sun

May 3 - 9:41 PM