• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're changing what I said. I never once said Kaepernick "sucks." I said his football intelligence is low, and he's a mediocre QB w/ great surrounding talent. I never said Crabtree was "bad." I said that I didn't think he'd match his production in late 2012 / early 2013; in other words I thought he'd peaked.

Sick you know I'm with you with the Kap stuff but this is absurd. Crabtree was injured, then coming off of a serious injury. We don't know if he peaked, and you can't say that you were right about his peaking because nothing we saw this season counted.

I think you're right, Crabby is what he is (and what we think he is). But to say you know that based on what you saw this year? Come on bro, that's crazy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick you know I'm with you with the Kap stuff but this is absurd. Crabtree was injured, then coming off of a serious injury. We don't know if he peaked, and you can't say that you were right about his peaking because nothing we saw this season counted.

I think you're right, Crabby is what he is (and what we think he is). But to say you know that based on what you saw this year? Come on bro, that's crazy.

Fine. I'll say I was right so far. If he plays even better than he did in late 2012 & the playoffs that year, then I was wrong about him peaking. I seriously doubt it though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fine. I'll say I was right so far. If he plays even better than he did in late 2012 & the playoffs that year, then I was wrong about him peaking. I seriously doubt it though.

Plays better, or produces better numbers? Cause that latter isn't likely in our system now that Boldin is there. On offense, at least, our team is more talented now than we were late in 2012. And for whatever reason, Kap wasn't using Davis. Between the Chicago game and the playoffs, Davis never had more than 27 yards with Kap at QB. He was much more involved in the offense this year.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You're changing what I said. I never once said Kaepernick "sucks." I said his football intelligence is low, and he's a mediocre QB w/ great surrounding talent. I never said Crabtree was "bad." I said that I didn't think he'd match his production in late 2012 / early 2013; in other words I thought he'd peaked.

No I'm not. You called him football retarded, constantly call him dumb dumb, and then you say Sanchez should have been brought in and try to rationalize it by comparing stats. Sanchez sucks. Sucks bad.

And you said crabs numbers would greatly diminish. And then take credit for "being right" never mind he had a major career threatening injury, came back after 6 months, posted his highest yards per reception, I believe 13 of his 19 catches were first downs. And that was coming back from that injury, early.

No words were put in your mouth. You're constant hating on Kap, said it all. He has made his fair share of mistakes. But to even think about trading him....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No I'm not. You called him football retarded, constantly call him dumb dumb, and then you say Sanchez should have been brought in and try to rationalize it by comparing stats. Sanchez sucks. Sucks bad.

I supported bringing in Sanchez because he costs 4 million dollars. And Sanchez never had the Niners' offense or Harbaugh coaching him.

The ENTIRE premise was this: Sanchez + Jadaveon Clowney + 100 million dollars > Kaepernick. Every time someone says I'm saying Sanchez > Kaepernick without mentioning the other stuff they're moving the goalposts.

And being football retarded doesn't mean he's terrible. His obscene natural talent is what's making him an average QB. It's making up for his mental ineptitude. If you give him a bunch of time (which the Niners' OL usually does) and an open receiver, he can usually get it there on a rope (while staring down his target). That's not enough to be a good QB. It's not terrible either; but it's not that to which I'd want to commit 18 million a year.

But let's drop this on the draft thread.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/135641-trade-colin-kaepernick-texans-27.html

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Henry is an almost perfect comparison if you ask me. Henry was a better player though:

Martavis Bryant - WR - Tigers

The Dolphins invited Clemson WR Martavis Bryant to visit team headquarters for a pre-draft visit.

No word yet on if the invitation has been accepted or when the meeting would take place. Bryant is a strict vertical weapon with imposing measurements at 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds with forty times in the mid 4.3s. He's been compared to Justin Hunter and the late Chris Henry.
Source: Miami Herald

Apr 6 - 10:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

ESPN's Mel Kiper said that only Jadeveon Clowney can stop Jadeveon Clowney from becoming a Hall of Fame player.

The analyst compared Clowney to Bruce Smith when the Hall of Famer was coming out of Virgina Tech. "The ability is unbelievable," Kiper salivated. "When you watch this kid, he is on a different level. I don't know many NFL left tackles that will be able to get out of their stance quick enough to be able to handle Jadeveon Clowney." Kiper believes Clowney's "effort was pretty good" in college. Both Kiper and Todd McShay believe passing on Clowney at No. 1 is a mistake. McShay calls him the most talented defensive lineman he's ever evaluated.
Source: ESPN's First Draft Podcast

Apr 6 - 7:29 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hesitate to post anything from Grant Cohn, but figured this might prompt some discussion. I don't know a ton about these guys from firsthand experience, but I don't know if I agree with any of these:

Jim Harbaugh says he doesn’t like comparing players. I do. So, here are my comparisons for the top wide receivers in the upcoming draft. I’d like to read your comparisons, too.

Sammy Watkins: Torrey Smith

Mike Evans: Marques Colston

Odell Beckham: Golden Tate

Brandin Cooks: Tavon Austin

Marqise Lee: Victor Cruz

Kelvin Benjamin: Plaxico Burress

Jordan Matthews: Larry Fitzgerald

Davante Adams: Hakeem Nicks

Allen Robinson: Keenan Allen

Donte Moncrief: Jerome Simpson

Paul Richardon: T.Y. Hilton

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brandin Thomas tore his ACL. I'd think he'd bear strong consideration in the late-4th or 5th.

2014 NFL draft prospect Brandon Thomas tears ACL - ESPN

OH MY CRAP! THIS IS HUGE!!!

There are so many guys who are now 3rd / 4th / 5th round prospects I want on the Niners it's ridiculous. This guy's talent level is close to the insane guard class last year, and most of those guys went really high. Snatch this guy up in the 3rd round & hello continued OL dominance for years!

Cyrus, Tiny & now Thomas could be the steals of the draft. Thomas could be the starting center in 2015.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see how Gilbert is a 1st rounder and neither do the metrics.

That's because... and I hate to sound arrogant about this but... but you're terrible at evaluating college players. And I mean that the nicest possible way it can be taken.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think we could be trading back. I don't have any evidence, I have just really been looking at Lamarcus Joyners season and see him as a great fit. He plays waaaayyyy bigger than his size. Tarell Brown was a starter for us at the same size. This guy is no joke, an absolute monster out there in the secondary.

Lock it up, we'll trade back or stay put for him.

I would totally agree if the Niners didn't just sign Bethea. He should probably be the starting safety for at least 2 seasons. And since a guy like Joyner would only have 2 more on his rookie deal after that, I wouldn't want to go in that direction with a 2nd-round pick.

That is unless the team is confident he can eventually be a starting-caliber CB on the outside. I have my doubts on that. In the slot? Sure. But starting? I don't know.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My favorite receiver next year may be the next Charles Rogers (talent wise and off field issues)

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Tigers

Missouri indefinitely suspended WR sophomore Dorial Green-Beckham for a violation of team policies.

Green-Beckham is being investigated by police for undisclosed reasons. He's been questioned, but not arrested. The star has been suspended twice before by the university for drug related issues. "It’s unfortunate, but it’s the right thing to do for our football program, for the athletic department, and also for Dorial," said head coach Gary Pinkel in a statement. "We have high standards related to the expectations that come along with being a Missouri Tiger, and Dorial has not met those recently. Representing Mizzou and our fans is a privilege, and we’ll work with him during this process. It’s been disappointing to have this, and other issues which have taken place lately. It’s frustrating, because we work very hard to instill responsibility and discipline in our young men so that our program represents Mizzou the right way."
Source: NBC's College Football Talk

Apr 7 - 9:59 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite receiver next year may be the next Charles Rogers (talent wise and off field issues)

Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Tigers

Missouri indefinitely suspended WR sophomore Dorial Green-Beckham for a violation of team policies.

Green-Beckham is being investigated by police for undisclosed reasons. He's been questioned, but not arrested. The star has been suspended twice before by the university for drug related issues. "It’s unfortunate, but it’s the right thing to do for our football program, for the athletic department, and also for Dorial," said head coach Gary Pinkel in a statement. "We have high standards related to the expectations that come along with being a Missouri Tiger, and Dorial has not met those recently. Representing Mizzou and our fans is a privilege, and we’ll work with him during this process. It’s been disappointing to have this, and other issues which have taken place lately. It’s frustrating, because we work very hard to instill responsibility and discipline in our young men so that our program represents Mizzou the right way."
Source: NBC's College Football Talk

Apr 7 - 9:59 PM

Lol at the though of Missouri having standards, the simple fact that they chose that school shows us that they have no standards.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally agree if the Niners didn't just sign Bethea. He should probably be the starting safety for at least 2 seasons. And since a guy like Joyner would only have 2 more on his rookie deal after that, I wouldn't want to go in that direction with a 2nd-round pick.

That is unless the team is confident he can eventually be a starting-caliber CB on the outside. I have my doubts on that. In the slot? Sure. But starting? I don't know.

He's better than Tarell Brown. Way more tenacious in the slot than Rodgers. I love him!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because... and I hate to sound arrogant about this but... but you're terrible at evaluating college players. And I mean that the nicest possible way it can be taken.

It actually might seem that way because I rather talk about unsung prospects. Obviously, they're going to have a higher chance of not succeeding in the NFL. You're more prone to being overlooked when your drafted in the 4th, 5th, etc/undrafted FA. By about early November it gets tiresome to talk about the same 1st/2nd round players. It might just seem like I'm throwing out names to the casual fan, but by the end of the year they're winning awards. This goes for the CB position especially.