• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
whaaa? he's been doing this since day 1, whether about the draft or trading vets?

I view Sick as someone who wants to start discussions, not someone who REALLY believes what he's posting. you can best start discussions by posting 'shock' topics....such as trading Kaep.

At least those topics are arguable, now Bradley Roby being better than Dennard and Fuller in coverage, there's no case that it's true.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm beginning to think you're just throwing out words and hope they stick. You dislike both Dennard and Fuller, and yeah, well that's just your opinion man, but you're question their coverage yet you think Bradley Roby's better?

What are your reasons for liking Roby anyway?

I never said I disliked Dennard & Fuller. I think Dennard is rated too high, and I said my opinion on him is "starting to cool off a bit." Try to follow along.

And I've written at length this whole season / offseason on Verrett & Roby.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I view Sick as someone who wants to start discussions, not someone who REALLY believes what he's posting. you can best start discussions by posting 'shock' topics....such as trading Kaep.

Then your view is wrong Deep. I wouldn't post something I don't believe.

I believe a stopgap QB + the #1 overall pick + 100 million dollars is better than Kaepernick because he's football retarded. I don't believe in committing a long-term deal to a QB like that. Such a position is only "shocking" to 49er fans. But unlike most football fans, I'm not a homer. I'm completely objective about everyone.

And you think rating Bradley Roby over Kyle fuller is "shocking?" Do you even watch college football very much? Why they hell would you think that's a shocking position? They're both rated around the same area by most people at this point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At least those topics are arguable, now Bradley Roby being better than Dennard and Fuller in coverage, there's no case that it's true.

I used to think you hated Bradley Roby because he ate your boy Allen Robinson's lunch last year as a sophmore, but now I'm starting to think you hate him simply because I Like him.

Someone who has Allen Robinson as the 3rd-best WR in the draft criticizing this position is like Andy Reid speaking to school children about eating healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then your view is wrong Deep. I wouldn't post something I don't believe.

I believe a stopgap QB + the #1 overall pick + 100 million dollars is better than Kaepernick because he's football retarded. I don't believe in committing a long-term deal to a QB like that. Such a position is only "shocking" to 49er fans. But unlike most football fans, I'm not a homer. I'm completely objective about everyone.

And you think rating Bradley Roby over Kyle fuller is "shocking?" Do you even watch college football very much? Why they hell would you think that's a shocking position? They're both rated around the same area by most people at this point.

that is my opinion and if its wrong, then its wrong. there is no doubt who posts the most 'shock' topics whether about trading our best players, or the draft. if you REALLY REALLY believe every bit of it, then wow!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Look at how less wasted movement there is in Verrett's transitions VS Fuller's. The gif speeds it up, but Verrett's transitions are smoother IMO. And Verrett accelerates to top speed extremely quickly:

0Jn6zx.gif

u42Ka5.gif

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look at how less wasted movement there is in Verrett's transitions VS Fuller's. The gif speeds it up, but Verrett's transitions are smoother IMO. And Verrett accelerates to top speed extremely quickly:

0Jn6zx.gif

u42Ka5.gif

There's some merit behind Verrett's ranking. I just think he's too small and doesn't play coverage from the inside out like I want my CB to do.

But Roby on the other hand doesn't. Anyone willing to target Roby has their way with him. He's not good like Dennard/Sherman -- those who can grab jersey and get away with it -- Roby's very obvious when he interferes so there's no room for error.

EDIT: No reason to include combine videos. I would never allow a position drill to influence thoughts on a player.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
that is my opinion and if its wrong, then its wrong. there is no doubt who posts the most 'shock' topics whether about trading our best players, or the draft. if you REALLY REALLY believe every bit of it, then wow!

I look at players like I look at stocks. If I think one is going to plummet I want him traded. If I think one is going to skyrocket (which usually only happens when a guy is overlooked in the draft) I post that I like him on the draft thread.

I thought Crabtree's production would significantly decrease compared to how he was rated in the 2012 / 2013 postseason. Turns out I was right. I didn't predict his injury, but he's still not anywhere near as good as people though he was in late 2012 / early 2013. That's why I wanted him traded. I'd take that position with any player on the roster.

And the only way I'd ever prefer signing a QB to a long-term deal over trading him is if he proved to be one of the better talents in the NFL. Like at least top 10. I don't think Kaepernick fits the description, and if the only 2 options are trade or break the bank I'll take trade any day.

Again, this stuff is not "shocking" to fans of other teams because they're not 49er homers.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dayonne Nunley CB, Miami (Ohio)

I forgot he was entering the draft this year. SUPER underrated. On nfldraftscout he's rated as the 70th CB. He's been first team all MAC three years straight. He's too small for the NFC West, but he should be way better than his ranking indicates. A lock top 10 CB in this draft.

Bennie Fowler WR Michigan St

Another name I forgot about, ran a 4.39 at the MSU pro day. He looks more like a 4.55 on game day. Never became the superstar I thought he could be, but the QB position has been really bad until Cooks fully took over.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I look at players like I look at stocks. If I think one is going to plummet I want him traded. If I think one is going to skyrocket (which usually only happens when a guy is overlooked in the draft) I post that I like him on the draft thread.

I thought Crabtree's production would significantly decrease compared to how he was rated in the 2012 / 2013 postseason. Turns out I was right. I didn't predict his injury, but he's still not anywhere near as good as people though he was in late 2012 / early 2013. That's why I wanted him traded. I'd take that position with any player on the roster.

And the only way I'd ever prefer signing a QB to a long-term deal over trading him is if he proved to be one of the better talents in the NFL. Like at least top 10. I don't think Kaepernick fits the description, and if the only 2 options are trade or break the bank I'll take trade any day.

Again, this stuff is not "shocking" to fans of other teams because they're not 49er homers.

Not everyone that disagrees with you are homers. Please get over yourself.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not everyone that disagrees with you are homers. Please get over yourself.

Shocking that sjstalker03 jumps in to save the day. I'll revert to my former comment:

Well you "call me out" with the same kind of comments with stalker-like consistency. Regardless of the topic. I think you've made your point clear by now.

I know they're not all 49er homers. Just the ones who think it's "shocking" to suggest the Niners go in a different direction than your cousin Colin Kaepernick. Not everyone will think that's the best way to go; I get that. But that doesn't change the fact that most football fans are huge homers, and those are the ones who are absolutely aghast at the thought of life without him.

As a side note, it shouldn't come as a surprise that someone with the word "baller" in his screen name would defend Tattoo Man with scorned ferocity. More on this in the correct thread though:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/135641-trade-colin-kaepernick-texans-26.html

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast that he spoke with a source who said Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater weighed 188 pounds at the end of the 2013 season.

This is absolutely the NFL's biggest question regarding Bridgewater, and some buzz has even placed him in the second-round as of late. Teams could be worried that Bridgewater's career could go in the path of early RGIII, in terms of injuries. The two are drastically different players in terms of style, with the main difference being RGIII has a frenetic behavior on the field while Bridgewater does not take unnecessary hits. With that said, Bridgewater breaks the mold of a black pocket passer who might be maxed out at 6'2/214 pounds. The NFL has historically struggled with players that offer unique blends of frame and style.
Source: Ross Tucker Podcast

Apr 5 - 4:16 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

ESPN's Ashley Fox writes there is a "growing sentiment" that Fresno State QB Derek Carr could be the Browns pick at No. 4.

"Cleveland could decide that Carr is its guy and use the fourth overall pick on him despite owning three picks in the top 35, including No. 26 overall," Fox writes. The comment comes directly after citing a statement from ESPN's Louis Riddick, a former NFL exec, saying Carr "was very comfortable with the footwork, timing, mechanics, accuracy that he's going to need at the NFL level," which was displayed at the Senior Bowl and during his pro day.
Source: ESPN.com

Apr 5 - 12:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks told the NFL Network he has four visits or workouts scheduled in the next few weeks.

Cooks specifically said his interaction with the Jets will be in the form of a visit, but the Panthers, Patriots and Seahawks could be a generic campus workout. The receiver likely has more teams scheduled than these four, but it is a good start. He has a chance to be the fourth receiver off the board.
Source: NFL.com

Apr 5 - 12:20 PM

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned on the Ross Tucker Football Podcast that he spoke with a source who said Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater weighed 188 pounds at the end of the 2013 season.

This is absolutely the NFL's biggest question regarding Bridgewater, and some buzz has even placed him in the second-round as of late. Teams could be worried that Bridgewater's career could go in the path of early RGIII, in terms of injuries. The two are drastically different players in terms of style, with the main difference being RGIII has a frenetic behavior on the field while Bridgewater does not take unnecessary hits. With that said, Bridgewater breaks the mold of a black pocket passer who might be maxed out at 6'2/214 pounds. The NFL has historically struggled with players that offer unique blends of frame and style.
Source: Ross Tucker Podcast

Apr 5 - 4:16 PM

Can someone explain to me what the hell the bolded means?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

You're rediculous. Absolutely idiotic statement. You predicted that crabs would drop off and then say you were right because he got hurt? He came back after what, 6 months? From a full achillies tare? Then when he came back actually produced and this teams offense was markedly better. You are starting to look really rediculous with this trade Kap because he sucks and now this Crabs was "bad" last year and I called it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're rediculous. Absolutely idiotic statement. You predicted that crabs would drop off and then say you were right because he got hurt? He came back after what, 6 months? From a full achillies tare? Then when he came back actually produced and this teams offense was markedly better. You are starting to look really rediculous with this trade Kap because he sucks and now this Crabs was "bad" last year and I called it.

You're changing what I said. I never once said Kaepernick "sucks." I said his football intelligence is low, and he's a mediocre QB w/ great surrounding talent. I never said Crabtree was "bad." I said that I didn't think he'd match his production in late 2012 / early 2013; in other words I thought he'd peaked.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're changing what I said. I never once said Kaepernick "sucks." I said his football intelligence is low, and he's a mediocre QB w/ great surrounding talent. I never said Crabtree was "bad." I said that I didn't think he'd match his production in late 2012 / early 2013; in other words I thought he'd peaked.

agree Kaep is surrounded with talent, but he isn't mediocre. how is he mediocre but doesn't 'suck'?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From dictionary.com:

Mediocre - of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate

Suck - Of Geno Smith quality.

so mediocre is a step above suck?

anyway, IMO Kaep isn't mediocre by the above definition, he is better than 'moderate quality'. he is also 'good' and very 'adequate'. just that when you're talking long term commitment at $18M/year, you have to scrutinize his passing skills. that is the first thing you want out of your QB, his passing skills.