• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A-Rob

42 inch vertical (watch him jump to try and block the FG in Michigan game, it's all there)
11 foot broad jump
4.49 or less 40 time

Beastly for a foot 6'3 220lbs

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A-Rob

42 inch vertical (watch him jump to try and block the FG in Michigan game, it's all there)
11 foot broad jump
4.49 or less 40 time

Plus he's only 20 yrs old. Lots of mental and physical growth to come.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Plus he's only 20 yrs old. Lots of mental and physical growth to come.

40 time was officially a 4.47 and 3 cone drill was a 6.53!!!! There's a guy heckling me on why he's a top 3 WR and he's right, he's found his way into the top 2 with that beyond impressive 3-cone. Carlos Rogers has one of the fastest ever (if not the fastest) 6.48, so however you frame it - fast track, outdoors, bias stop watches, whatever - it needs to be understood, A-Rob is going to be a problem!

Wideout Allen Robinson makes first-round statement at Penn State - CBSSports.com

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 time was officially a 4.47 and 3 cone drill was a 6.53!!!! There's a guy heckling me on why he's a top 3 WR and he's right, he's found his way into the top 2 with that beyond impressive 3-cone. Carlos Rogers has one of the fastest ever (if not the fastest) 6.48, so however you frame it - fast track, outdoors, bias stop watches, whatever - it needs to be understood, A-Rob is going to be a problem!

Wideout Allen Robinson makes first-round statement at Penn State - CBSSports.com

What are you doing talking about football on this site? Only complaints about Kaepernick or moderators or defense thereof is allowed. Football nonsense. ;)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

There's no way he improved a half-second on the three-cone. His combine time was solid; the 6.53 is simply implausible and, if anything, only serves to cast doubt on his other numbers.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's no way he improved a half-second on the three-cone. His combine time was decent; the 6.53 is simply implausible and, if anything, only serves to cast doubt on his other numbers.

I think it's a bit of a misrepresentation too. The article says he did lose 12 lbs.

Before the combine A-Rob I'm guessing he gained a bit of weight since he didn't play any football since late November(PSU Bowl ban and he didn't get to participate in any senior games).

Like I said, no matter what way you splice it 6.53 is jawdropping.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

While I'm not as enamored as you are about ARob, I wouldn't worry too much about the guy that has been heckling you. I used to think he was good at evaluating college players, but his recent statements about NFL players has led me to believe he sucks at analyzing both college and NFL players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would totally agree if the Niners didn't just sign Bethea. He should probably be the starting safety for at least 2 seasons. And since a guy like Joyner would only have 2 more on his rookie deal after that, I wouldn't want to go in that direction with a 2nd-round pick.

That is unless the team is confident he can eventually be a starting-caliber CB on the outside. I have my doubts on that. In the slot? Sure. But starting? I don't know.

I wouldn't have a problem using a high pick on a slot corner. These days, those guys are basically starters anyway.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A-Rob

11 foot broad jump
4.49 or less 40 time

this is beastly, so just make sure he does other things well too.......catch the ball first and foremost. next, the other things WR's must do.....get off the LOS, block, run good routes, etc. he doesn't need to be a monster in these other areas, but it needs to be good for a 1st round selection.

with these measurements, why isn't he rated higher?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NFL Network last night, they went by the player at their respective positions and the likelihood they are still with team that drafted them after 5 seasons.

Least likely in order:
1. WR
2. CB
3. DT
4. QB

Defensive tackle has always scared me in round one, as its such a demanding position and you can't know who will mail it in after a big 1st round pay day. CB surprised me a little, I hadn't thought of it as a risky pick early. Of course WR and QB are no surprise.

The safest picks in order:
1. LB
2. TE
3. OL
4. S

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is beastly, so just make sure he does other things well too.......catch the ball first and foremost. next, the other things WR's must do.....get off the LOS, block, run good routes, etc. he doesn't need to be a monster in these other areas, but it needs to be good for a 1st round selection.

The impression that the Big Ten isn't talented at skill positions

I'm going to backtrack and keep Robinson at #3

Evans
Watkins
Robinson

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This WR class gets really muddle after Watkins and Evans. I can't recall a year when there's been so little consensus on which order the next six or seven guys fall. That's part of why I want to wait on WR until the second. I think some serious talent will be available in the middle or end of that round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A-Rob

11 foot broad jump
4.49 or less 40 time

You're the same guy who essentially said workout numbers don't matter. You constantly berated me for citing workout numbers in my analyses of players. Now since it's your boy who added 3 inches to his vertical in the last month or so (how is that possible?) all of a sudden they matter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of workout numbers...

This is one of the most backwards, duplicitous positions people in the media hold every offseason. They always talk about how stupid it is to move a guy up the draft board because he had a great workout. "The film doesn't lie." But none of them ever say it's stupid to move a guy way down the boards if his workout is terrible because it's easier to point out busts people remember.

Look at Louichez Purifoy. He was a consensus 1st round pick by everyone in the media this whole season (unless you count me; I saw him give way too much cushion when I watched him). But he's now considered a 4th or 5th round pick after a terrible combine. Not a mid-2nd round pick; a 4TH OR 5TH round pick. Where's the outrage on that one?

Workout numbers matter. A lot (unless they're pro' day speed numbers, which are useless).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're the same guy who essentially said workout numbers don't matter. You constantly berated me for citing workout numbers in my analyses of players. Now since it's your boy who added 3 inches to his vertical in the last month or so (how is that possible?) all of a sudden they matter.

Well I already believed that he had a 40+ vertical, as I've seen it in games. I already knew he was elusive(3-cone), as I've seen it in games. The guy happened to put his athleticism on display yesterday and ran better than I anticipated (in the 6.53 three cone). Mike Evans is my lock #1 WR, but Watkins and Robinson are jousting, very close. Robinson is a main stay in my top 3, his workout numbers are just glitter to me.

The only players numbers that mattered this year were Darqueze Dennard's and Jordan Mathews'.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of workout numbers...

This is one of the most backwards, duplicitous positions people in the media hold every offseason. They always talk about how stupid it is to move a guy up the draft board because he had a great workout. "The film doesn't lie." But none of them ever say it's stupid to move a guy way down the boards if his workout is terrible because it's easier to point out busts people remember.

Look at Louichez Purifoy. He was a consensus 1st round pick by everyone in the media this whole season (unless you count me; I saw him give way too much cushion when I watched him). But he's now considered a 4th or 5th round pick after a terrible combine. Not a mid-2nd round pick; a 4TH OR 5TH round pick. Where's the outrage on that one?

Workout numbers matter. A lot (unless they're pro' day speed numbers, which are useless).

CBs need long speed to keep up with WRs. For just about every other position it's not a significant concern, but were talking about players playing in the hip pocket of speedsters. You can't guys who just down right are unable to keep up.

It's sounds contradictory to my previous post but there is a limit.

EDIT: Purifoy would still make a good slot corner.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that they moved the draft back. Now we have another month of listening to people who don't know crap whether it's on this board or in the media. So lame!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's how he did it. Allen Robinson dropped 12 pounds to get his jump numbers up for pro' day. That's another reason pro day is a useless comparison to the combine.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson may be the best route runner in the draft.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's how he did it. Allen Robinson dropped 12 pounds to get his jump numbers up for pro' day. That's another reason pro day is a useless comparison to the combine.

Makes me wish he came to the combine 12 lbs lighter. As explained on the previous page of this thread, he hasn't really had to play football since late November(no bowl game or senior game).