• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

CBS Sport's Pete Prisco spoke to one GM at the owner's meetings who was "not that impressed" with Texas A&M WR Mike Evans.

This is a noteworthy statement, since it breaks the theme of evaluators believing Evans could be worth a top 10 pick. In fact, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler has spoken with two teams who rank Evans over Sammy Watkins. The Bills at No. 9 seem like a good match, but it is obviously too early to even come up with an educated guess.
Source: Pete Prisco on Twitter

Mar 27 - 5:00 PM

Mike Evans - WR - Aggiesp

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Texas A&M WR Mike Evans has the best hands of any prospect since Calvin Johnson.

Both receivers turn 50-50 balls into favorable situations. Evans is a veteran in terms of working back towards his quarterback rather than drifting further downfield or waiting in open areas. After charting every target, Rotoworld contributor Greg Peshek slotted Mike Evans with a 4.29 drop percentage, which is very good, but LSU's Jarvis Landry posted a better percentage at 2.50. It is splitting hairs, but noteworthy.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Mar 27 - 4:24 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Richardson - WR - Buffaloes

ESPN analyst Louis Riddick notes that Colorado WR Paul Richardson runs the "deep route tree" similar to DeSean Jackson.

"The way Richardson runs deep route tree reminds (me) of DeSean. Can carry speed through the "move point" as good as anyone," Riddick tweeted. Maturity and characters concerns aside, both Jackson and Richardson share the same type of frame (6'0/175 pounds) as well as explosiveness. If a team is looking for a vertical threat in the draft, Richardson could be had for a late second or third-round selection.
Source: Louis Riddick on Twitter

Mar 27 - 7:55 AM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Richardson - WR - Buffaloes

ESPN analyst Louis Riddick notes that Colorado WR Paul Richardson runs the "deep route tree" similar to DeSean Jackson.

"The way Richardson runs deep route tree reminds (me) of DeSean. Can carry speed through the "move point" as good as anyone," Riddick tweeted. Maturity and characters concerns aside, both Jackson and Richardson share the same type of frame (6'0/175 pounds) as well as explosiveness. If a team is looking for a vertical threat in the draft, Richardson could be had for a late second or third-round selection.
Source: Louis Riddick on Twitter

Mar 27 - 7:55 AM

Out of all the analyst at ESPN I respect this guy's opinion most. Opinion, not to be confused with news break accuracy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know the Niners don't really need him & he probably isn't a great fit scheme-wise, but Jackson Jeffcoat is obscenely underrated at this point. People are talking about him like he'll go in the 3rd or 4th round. :what:

If I were Baalke I'd be really tempted to take him if he's there at 100 just because of the value he poses.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know the Niners don't really need him & he probably isn't a great fit scheme-wise, but Jackson Jeffcoat is obscenely underrated at this point. People are talking about him like he'll go in the 3rd or 4th round. :what:

If I were Baalke I'd be really tempted to take him if he's there at 100 just because of the value he poses.

then why would we even draft him?

if he doesn't fit scheme wise, how can he have so much value to the 49ers?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
then why would we even draft him?

if he doesn't fit scheme wise, how can he have so much value to the 49ers?

Let me re-phrase. I think he's a BETTER fit in a 4-3 than a 3-4, but he could still make it as a rush LB IMO.

And the reason is that you can never have too many talented pass rushers (See NY Giants & Seahawks).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let me re-phrase. I think he's a BETTER fit in a 4-3 than a 3-4, but he could still make it as a rush LB IMO.

And the reason is that you can never have too many talented pass rushers (See NY Giants & Seahawks).

Our nickel package basically uses four down linemen anyway. With a fourth-round pick (or very late third), there isn't a whole lot of pressure to get an all-around player so long as he does one thing very well.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"He reminds me a little bit of Steve Young because Steve Young, when he first came in, he wanted to run the football," Rice said. "Now, with Johnny Manziel if he can just relax, stay in the pocket, deliver the ball down the field with accuracy and get the ball in the hands of his playmakers, I think it's a no brainer for the Houston Texans to take this guy." Rice, who attended Manziel's pro day, also dismissed concerns over the prospect's maturity. "I really don't think that's a concern right now," he said. "He likes that spotlight. The guy showed me today that he can drop back, deliver the ball with accuracy and likes that big stage. He proved to everybody that he can be that number one guy. ... He wants perfection, and he's a competitor. That's something you can put money on." Rice is no GM or scout, but if you're going to get an endorsement as a QB, getting one from the greatest WR of all time doesn't hurt.

Recent news on Johnny Manziel - Texas A&M Aggies - Rotoworld.com

Someone get Jerry his meds.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Time for some 2014 1sr-round bust pick brainstorming. The whole year I had my heart set on David Yankey as my pick when everyone thought he'd be a 1st rounder, but now it's looking like he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd. Last year I had my heart set on Matt Barkley all year, but he ended up going in the 4th.

One guy I'm considering is Darqueze Dennard. I like him a LOT less than most people. I have no idea why people think he's an elite prospect.

One guy I think is overrated is Khalil Mack. Better than Clowney? Whoever says that shouldn't be allowed on TV. Last year I was pretty vocal about how I thought Mingo was overrated, and he may be in the same boat (although I like Mack more than Mingo). If I wanted an OLB I would be much happier trading down for Trent Murphy than taking Mack.

All 3 of the QBs who'll go in the first round look like good bust picks too. I may pick one of them. The problem is that I was so unimpressed with all of 'em that I didn't watch 'em very much (besides Manziel) because I was watching other A&M players), and I'd want to see 'em more before I add 'em to my annual list.

Anthony Barr
has always been an enigma to me. I can't figure that guy out.

JJ Stokes - I mean Kelvin Benjamin is worthy of consideration IMO. In fact, he might be the favourite at this point.

Then there's Derek Carr. He might not even go in the 1st round, so it's not worth considering him 'til someone proves otherwise.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some 2014 1sr-round bust pick brainstorming. The whole year I had my heart set on David Yankey as my pick when everyone thought he'd be a 1st rounder, but now it's looking like he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd. Last year I had my heart set on Matt Barkley all year, but he ended up going in the 4th.

One guy I'm considering is Darqueze Dennard. I like him a LOT less than most people. I have no idea why people think he's an elite prospect.

One guy I think is overrated is Khalil Mack. Better than Clowney? Whoever says that shouldn't be allowed on TV. Last year I was pretty vocal about how I thought Mingo was overrated, and he may be in the same boat (although I like Mack more than Mingo). If I wanted an OLB I would be much happier trading down for Trent Murphy than taking Mack.

All 3 of the QBs who'll go in the first round look like good bust picks too. I may pick one of them. The problem is that I was so unimpressed with all of 'em that I didn't watch 'em very much (besides Manziel) because I was watching other A&M players), and I'd want to see 'em more before I add 'em to my annual list.

Anthony Barr
has always been an enigma to me. I can't figure that guy out.

JJ Stokes - I mean Kelvin Benjamin is worthy of consideration IMO. In fact, he might be the favourite at this point.

Then there's Derek Carr. He might not even go in the 1st round, so it's not worth considering him 'til someone proves otherwise.

I think Derek Carr is better than the top 3 rated QBs in this draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not that I think he'll be around at 30, but I think it's significant to note that Odell Beckham Jr. had some injury issues with his back this year (repeated issues). I didn't realize this until now. Must've slipped my attention.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not that I think he'll be around at 30, but I think it's significant to note that Odell Beckham Jr. had some injury issues with his back this year (repeated issues). I didn't realize this until now. Must've slipped my attention.

Does this mean he might drop to the 2nd rd?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Does this mean he might drop to the 2nd rd?

It's possible, but I doubt it. Dude's about as safe a pick at receiver as you're going to find.

I think it's much more likely that Tuitt (foot) and / or Verrett (labral tear) drop to the 2nd round because of injuries. At least I hope they do.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's possible, but I doubt it. Dude's about as safe a pick at receiver as you're going to find.

I think it's much more likely that Tuitt (foot) and / or Verrett (labral tear) drop to the 2nd round because of injuries. At least I hope they do.

I'd easily take him at #30. Hopefully his back issues can be resolved.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Mettenberger - QB - Tigers

Draft insider Tony Pauline is reporting that the Vikings are "heavily leaning towards" taking LSU QB Zach Mettenberger in the second round because they want an LB such as Buffalo's Khalil Mack in the first.

The Vikes desperately need a franchise signal-caller, but they also have a huge need for an edge rusher capable of disrupting opposing passing games. Coach Mike Zimmer's nights are presumably interrupted with nightmares of being helplessly carved up by Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford. Mack would afford the team a massive upgrade on the outside if Minnesota allots Mettenberger a grade not far below the top four QBs. Mettenberger could be a good fit in Norv Turner's vertical passing game, as Rotoworld's Josh Norris discussed in a recent "Draft Needs" video.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Apr 1 - 7:57 PM

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft insider Tony Pauline is reporting that the Vikings are "heavily leaning towards" taking LSU QB Zach Mettenberger in the second round because they want an LB such as Buffalo's Khalil Mack in the first.

The Vikes desperately need a franchise signal-caller, but they also have a huge need for an edge rusher capable of disrupting opposing passing games. Coach Mike Zimmer's nights are presumably interrupted with nightmares of being helplessly carved up by Aaron Rodgers and Matthew Stafford. Mack would afford the team a massive upgrade on the outside if Minnesota allots Mettenberger a grade not far below the top four QBs. Mettenberger could be a good fit in Norv Turner's vertical passing game, as Rotoworld's Josh Norris discussed in a recent "Draft Needs" video.

Very smart. All these teams that need a QB should look to the beginning of the 2nd round.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very smart. All these teams that need a QB should look to the beginning of the 2nd round.

They should trade their second to the 49ers for the 30th pick and a second next year as well. Cause any team relying on a QB this year will be a high pick next year.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should trade their second to the 49ers for the 30th pick and a second next year as well. Cause any team relying on a QB this year will be a high pick next year.

My thoughts (wishes) exactly.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's funny, because he reminds me a lot of Christian Ponder coming out of college.