• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would anyone give a crap about an unofficial 40 time?

Referring back to Pozz, neither official or unofficial times are precise despite having the technology.

And speed is the only thing Ellington brings to the field, otherwise he's a very bland prospect. Definitely not a guy who should be sought after as a 3rd rounder.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And speed is the only thing Ellington brings to the field, otherwise he's a very bland prospect. Definitely not a guy who should be sought after as a 3rd rounder.

Because with the 100th pick of the draft (which is essentially a high 4th round pick) you'd expect to get the next AJ Green?

And exactly how low would you expect Ellington to go in this draft?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because with the 100th pick of the draft (which is essentially a high 4th round pick) you'd expect to get the next AJ Green?

And exactly how low would you expect Ellington to go in this draft?

Anyone from Jeremy Gallon to Kevin Norwood is better pick than a short guy that catches the ball with his body. If teams are smart, they'd wait until the late 5th round to draft him as a kick return man/4th WR.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone from Jeremy Gallon to Kevin Norwood is better pick than a short guy that catches the ball with his body. If teams are smart, they'd wait until the late 5th round to draft him as a kick return man/4th WR.

Wait you're saying to avoid the short receiver & then throw out 5'7 Jeremy Gallon as a better pick?

You really have no clue what you're talking about do you?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait you're saying to avoid the short receiver & then throw out 5'7 Jeremy Gallon as a better pick?

You really have no clue what you're talking about do you?

Short wide receivers that can't catch. Jeremy Gallon actually has an impressive resume and he did it against NFL prospects (Adrian Amos*, Tim Bennett*, Bradley Roby, Darqueze Dennard).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Rumour has it Buffalo wants to trade up to the 1 spot w/ Houston.

They just drafted a QB.

Mario, Dareus, Kyle Williams & Clowney? If so :clap:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been on record saying Brandin Cooks is the best WR in the entire draft, but I didn't even see this play he made.

Holy shit, that play reminded me of this:

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on record saying Brandin Cooks is the best WR in the entire draft, but I didn't even see this play he made.

Holy shit, that play reminded me of this:

Steve Smith is a fair comparison for Cooks potential ceiling. I'm just not sure if he's as gifted as Smith as far as his vertical and his over all catching abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will wear a helmet and shoulder pads during the throwing portion of his pro day, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

This is unique. In fact, we are not sure if this has ever been done. Manziel has worked with George Whitfield and Kevin O'Connell in preparation for the workout, and it will be the first time he has thrown in front of evaluators during the pre-draft process. As we say with every quarterback pro day, do not read too much into the results. Some might highlight a "bigger than expected arm" today, but he consistently threw downfield this season with the Aggies. Arm strength is not an issue.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Mar 27 - 10:08 AM

ESPN's Ron Jaworski said he was very impressed by Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel's workout.

In fact, Jaworski called it "magnificent" and believes the quarterback's stock will go up after this pro day. Jaworski has been one of Manziel's toughest critics, even saying he would not select the quarterback in the top three rounds of the draft. However, that changed immediately after the workout, as Jaws revealed he would use a top three round pick on Manziel and mentioned he loved that the Aggie wore pads and a helmet while throwing.

Mar 27 - 12:37 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Legendary 49ers WR Jerry Rice says Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel is reminiscent of Steve Young.

"He reminds me a little bit of Steve Young because Steve Young, when he first came in, he wanted to run the football," Rice said. "Now, with Johnny Manziel if he can just relax, stay in the pocket, deliver the ball down the field with accuracy and get the ball in the hands of his playmakers, I think it's a no brainer for the Houston Texans to take this guy." Rice, who attended Manziel's pro day, also dismissed concerns over the prospect's maturity. "I really don't think that's a concern right now," he said. "He likes that spotlight. The guy showed me today that he can drop back, deliver the ball with accuracy and likes that big stage. He proved to everybody that he can be that number one guy. ... He wants perfection, and he's a competitor. That's something you can put money on." Rice is no GM or scout, but if you're going to get an endorsement as a QB, getting one from the greatest WR of all time doesn't hurt.

Source: NFL.com Mar 28 - 8:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do think that Mattenberger is indeed a very underrated player.

Zach Mettenberger - QB - Tigers

ESPN's Ron Jaworski believes LSU QB Zach Mettenberger is the No. 2 prospect at the position.

"This is the wildcard in this draft," Jawroski began. "When you watch him on tape, this guy has an NFL skill set... very similar traits in Zach Mettenberger as Joe Flacco." Other than last offseason's glowing praise of Colin Kaepernick, Jaworski tends to be very traditional in his quarterback evaluations, meaning passers who predominantly win in the pocket. Blake Bortles is Jawroski's No. 1 quarterback.

Source: ESPN Mar 28 - 10:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Rams coach Jeff Fisher was complimentary when discussing South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney's on-field effort.

The coach isn't concerned that Clowney only accrued three sacks in 2013. "Not if you watch the games, it’s not," Fisher said. "Because the effort’s there. You’ve got to give offenses credit, too. I mean they were aware of where he was. They turned the center towards him. When the ball came out, they’d check out with backs just like we do in our league with good rushers." It's an interesting quote in that Clowney's work ethic has almost exclusively described negatively by the industry. While Clowney appears to be in play for the Rams at No. 2, it's sounding like Clemson WR Sammy Watkins, whom Fisher also praised, will not. "I think with what we have on the roster right now, we can provide (quarterback) Sam (Bradford) with the talent to where we can win a lot of games," Fisher said. "We’re expecting improvement. We’re still seeing improvement from (receivers), for example, Brian Quick, Chris Givens who are going into their third year."
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Mar 28 - 7:17 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Auburn T Greg Robinson has "tremendous upside."

Robinson has been the most popular fit for the Rams at No. 2 in industry mock drafts. "He’s young. I believe he’s got tremendous upside," Fisher said. "Probably has not taken as many snaps in a pro-style offense as [Taylor] Lewan, the Michigan tackle. But he’s very athletic and he has flexibility — he could move in, play guard or the other tackle as well. Probably gonna take him a little more time." It's an honest assessment that has been echoed recently by both NFL Films' Greg Cosell and Rotoworld's Josh Norris: Robinson isn't close to being a finished project. With the Rams being so close to the playoffs, one wonders if Fisher and company will surprise and take a player who guarantees supreme 2014 production. It's worth noting that the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that St. Louis has shown "strong interest" in Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews; Fisher coached Jake's father, Hall of Fame offensive lineman Bruce Matthews.
Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Mar 28 - 7:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Golden Gophers

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Minnesota DL Ra'Shede Hageman is the biggest risk among trench prospects.

"You're taking a player with enormous physical tools. He's tall, he is big, he flashes on tape, but there is not that consistency there," McShay said, adding Hageman will likely be a top 25 pick. The Minnesota product is a ridiculous athlete for his size and typically lined up as a 1-technique this season. His career could be morphed into a 5-technique, however.
Source: ESPN

Mar 28 - 9:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Florida DT Dominique Easley has the highest upside among trench prospects due to value.

In fact, McShay believes teams can get Easley in the fourth-round. "When you look at him, he has a chance to be a dominant three technique," McShay began. "He plays with great passion, an explosive first step, I thought he got violent with his hands this year." McShay went on to compare Easley's draft process to Arthur Jones, who ultimately was selected in the fifth-round have lower body injuries. Rotoworld's Josh Norris continues to list Easley as a top-10 prospect in this class.
Source: ESPN

Mar 28 - 9:02 AM