• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way Edm would give up the #7 for Pavs & 2nd Rules... Edm is desperately lacking D & a goalie. Pavs isnt really what they are looking for... Send em Boyle

McTavish has said their primary focus is getting a center with the 7th pick either by drafting one with it or using it to trade for one. They do need dmen as well but I think they would be all over Pavelski if Wilson offered him up.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McTavish has said their primary focus is getting a center with the 7th pick either by drafting one with it or using it to trade for one. They do need dmen as well but I think they would be all over Pavelski if Wilson offered him up.

Not for the #7 pick... lol no way... That team is fine in the forward dept. if they want the immediate help they say, it would be for D/G... And if McTavish wants a C for the #7 pick, it certainly wouldnt be 2nd/3rd line tweener... As much as I love Pavs and I think its dumb as FUCK to shop him around no matter how much everyone here continues to bag on him... If you can get the #7 in this years draft, piece out Joe...

Also, no way to the Perron trade rumors...

BTW, that lil short guy that floats around and gets pushed off the puck easily and takes games off in a row on Chi just won another cup... remember, the guy this board said they wouldnt trade Marleau for... lol

The Thornton toronto rumor too, asmuch as Id like to trade Thornton... Come on man, anyone that thinks this is a halfway decent trde rumor for SJ is friggen delusional..

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan Stall returned the 8th overall, a 3rd line center, and a blue chip dman prospect. Pavelski will have similar value. IMO just slightly less as he's 5 years older and not a guaranteed re-signing like Stall was. McTavish is the one saying a center is the teams primary need so if you don't agree talk to him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumored asking price for Clutterbuck is a 2nd and a prospect.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When did the Sharks turn into Toronto Maple Leafs West? They've been linked to just about every name rumored available.

I was thinking the same thing. LOL.
Add another name to the rumor list: Seto. I know someone that had dinner with him recently, and he thinks he's gonna get traded too.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Trade Boyle for picks
Trade Pavs for Perron and a pick
Trade 2nd and whatever for Clutterbuck

Id like this...

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Who takes Boyle's spot?

No doubt he will be missed. But we dump 7 mill and get trade value out of him. Boyle only helps us on the PP to be honest. Burns and Irwin can play the point just fine on the PP. Hes getting old and if people are willing to pay for him its time to let go.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No doubt he will be missed. But we dump 7 mill and get trade value out of him. Boyle only helps us on the PP to be honest. Burns and Irwin can play the point just fine on the PP. Hes getting old and if people are willing to pay for him its time to let go.

I think it'll take a really big offer for them to move him. Yeah, you can move Burn back to D, then you are a forward short. Not only that, I think they are already a forward short, and Burns was one of their best offensive players when they moved him up front.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think it'll take a really big offer for them to move him. Yeah, you can move Burn back to D, then you are a forward short. Not only that, I think they are already a forward short, and Burns was one of their best offensive players when they moved him up front.

Edm is dangling their 7th overall. So im assuming its a 7? The Sharks would have to trade Boyle for that. Haha i mean agree it leaves a big hole to be filled though. But it would hopefully help big time in the future.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edm is dangling their 7th overall. So im assuming its a 7? The Sharks would have to trade Boyle for that. Haha i mean agree it leaves a big hole to be filled though. But it would hopefully help big time in the future.

I'm on the fence here with this one, and figure Wilson may be too. With Marleau and Thornton free agents after next season, I think they are gonna gear up for 1 last run with this group..
If they do move Boyle for a pick like that, they may as well totally rebuild and go younger.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm on the fence here with this one, and figure Wilson may be too. With Marleau and Thornton free agents after next season, I think they are gonna gear up for 1 last run with this group..
If they do move Boyle for a pick like that, they may as well totally rebuild and go younger.

Yeah, you got a point with the all or nothing thing. If we go all in and don't win a cup everyone could leave for nothing. Its a tough one

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In all honesty, Id be very surprised to see any of boyle, pavs, jumbo or patty dealt. I think dougie wants to go at it again with those guys. More likely, hell just tweak here and there.

Personally, I would rather see them get a whole lot younger, but I just dont see it this year. The only problem is that if dougie doesnt want to see all the to-be-ufas go for nothing then he really has to trade them this summer or extend them. He cannot trade any of those 4 near the deadline next year if the sharks are in the hunt. Tomorrow is really going to the key day to see what direction dougie wants to take for the next couple years. If niether pavs nor boyle is dealt, then you gotta figure dougie will try to extend 'em and we'll be going with the same core for at least a couple more years.

Cant wait to see what happens...

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In all honesty, Id be very surprised to see any of boyle, pavs, jumbo or patty dealt. I think dougie wants to go at it again with those guys. More likely, hell just tweak here and there.

Personally, I would rather see them get a whole lot younger, but I just dont see it this year. The only problem is that if dougie doesnt want to see all the to-be-ufas go for nothing then he really has to trade them this summer or extend them. He cannot trade any of those 4 near the deadline next year if the sharks are in the hunt. Tomorrow is really going to the key day to see what direction dougie wants to take for the next couple years. If niether pavs nor boyle is dealt, then you gotta figure dougie will try to extend 'em and we'll be going with the same core for at least a couple more years.

Cant wait to see what happens...

I want the team to get younger and I also want to trade these guys while their value is still pretty high. Tomorrow should be really interesting. Im hoping they start building around LoCo and Burns because they are the pieces that could win us a cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want younger and I also want to trade these guys while their value is still pretty high. Tomorrow should be really interesting.

Yeah, personally I would rather dougie unload all these oldies for a huge stockpile of picks and prospects and then go shopping in thsi unique offseason with the smaller cap and buyouts that could allow for good long-term bargains on the UFA market.

Its my dream that dougie unloads are 4 big dogs. Each could land a 1st and a respectable sub 25 year old top 9 forward or top 4D.

If they did this, they would be set up for a pittsburgh/chicago type dominance for a long time. And, if dougie signed UFA's well this summer, they ould still have a solid salary structure going forward. If they can make good value long term deals to stalberg, Fillpula, and maybe horton, raymond or Bozak, then they could still be competitive next season and three years from now when all those picks crack the NHL lineup, those UFA's will be just 29 or 30, right in their primes as good vet leaders to compliment the plethora of young talent.

of course, thats not gunna happen. Dougie will almost surely resign jumbo-patty for another 3 years as usual. Boyle and pavs is the only question, but personally I expect that he'll keep both.

Sure would be exciting to watch the sharks if they did have 5 1st rounders and 3 2n rounders this year. In one season, theyd go from one of the thinnest farms to the best in the NHL.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boston is shopping Tyler Segin. No info on what they are looking for in return.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boston is shopping Tyler Segin. No info on what they are looking for in return.

I saw this... a king's ransom is the asking price... Not sure what that means, and dougie is not known for paying king's ransoms. Also seguin's 5.7M is not much a discount from a UFA salary.

That said, he is likely worth that kind of money and he would sure make a nice combo with cooch for the next 6 years. If dougie was able to acquire bobby ryan as well, then that would sure reinvent the sharks pretty fast.

I dunno what boston or ana are looking for but dougie would have to consider parting with pavs and/or boyle to land players of that age and skill. That said, I cannot see dougie parting with several more high picks/prospects for seguin or ryan. The farm is already so thin and I think dougie knows that he needs to build through the draft. I think there will be many teams in the hunt for seguin and I doubt dougie will be able to win a bidding war there.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If history has any bearing the Sharks will trade Havlat, Desjardins, and Stuart for Seguin, right?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If history has any bearing the Sharks will trade Havlat, Desjardins, and Stuart for Seguin, right?

sadly its not O'connell or JFJ. not sure chiarelli is that dumb :-)

Still though I wonder what boston would want. Its not every day that 21 year old, cup winning, potential All-stars signed for 6 years are available. Obviously boston is feeling a cap crunch with the need to extend bergeron and sign rask long term. Both will be in the 6M range, so boston is likely looking for a combo of good NHL talent signed cheap and/or short and high picks/prospects.

A package including pavelski and the sharks' 1st rounder might peak chiarelli's interest. Pavelski is almost 2M cheaper than seguin and not a big step down if at all. the 1st is 20th overall which is not too bad as well. Maybe add in one of the young dmen or forwards (demers? Braun? galiardi? Tennyson?) and the sharks might have a deal there.

If dougie could flip pavelski, demers, and a 1st rounder for seguin I would do it in an instant even with seguin's salary.