• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Kennedy is a nice piece for the 3rd line for the next 3-5 years provided he signs a good deal. Does it essentially become a Doug Murray for Tyler Kennedy trade? Not bad.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tyler is a highly-competitive forward who plays with speed and has a history of scoring big goals," Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said in a statement. "He has played in a lot of playoff games over the last past five seasons, won a Stanley Cup and we think he fits in perfectly with our group and how we want to play the game."

Y! SPORTS

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy crap, Clutterbuck to the isles for Nino. Holy overpayment.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy crap, Clutterbuck to the isles for Nino. Holy overpayment.

Yeah that was what i was thinking, Snow is a dipshit on that trade wow. Good for Fletcher finally getting over on someone instead of getting bent over by Dwill lol

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tyler Kennedy is a nice piece for the 3rd line for the next 3-5 years provided he signs a good deal. Does it essentially become a Doug Murray for Tyler Kennedy trade? Not bad.

Yeah, so it ends up being Kennedy and a 2nd for Murray, basically. I'm good with that.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking that we will get D Murray back :)

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so it ends up being Kennedy and a 2nd for Murray, basically. I'm good with that.

Ah that's right. I forgot about the 2014 2nd rounder that the Sharks get because the Pens made it to the ECF.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alright, moving forward. With the most meaningful part of the draft done and the sharks did get one top prospect, I suppose its time to look forward.

I kinda get the feeling that dougie isnt done trading this offseason. As it stands he needs a backup goalie and now has to resing galiardi (1.5M range) and Kennedy (likely 2.5M range). While he could go over the cap by 1-2M due to the havlat injury, I dont think he will. I would expect either pavelski or galiardi or both to be moved after the UFA frenzy next week.

I dont think the roster today is likely to be the roster in september. That said, with the Kennedy aquisition, I also dont see dougie going shopping for any UFA's. As per his MO, he usually tries to fill needs through trades, so I would expect a boring July 5th. All that said, boyle and pavs' extensions should get done between now and July 5th since I cant see dougie entering the UFA period with so many question marks. there is no way I can see dougie go into next season with both boyle and pavs and neither having been extended. Dougie cant lose those two guys for nothing. I thought there might be action today, so I still expect something on those fronts soon.

The dougie roulette continues...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alright, moving forward. With the most meaningful part of the draft done and the sharks did get one top prospect, I suppose its time to look forward.

I kinda get the feeling that dougie isnt done trading this offseason. As it stands he needs a backup goalie and now has to resing galiardi (1.5M range) and Kennedy (likely 2.5M range). While he could go over the cap by 1-2M due to the havlat injury, I dont think he will. I would expect either pavelski or galiardi or both to be moved after the UFA frenzy next week.

I dont think the roster today is likely to be the roster in september. That said, with the Kennedy aquisition, I also dont see dougie going shopping for any UFA's. As per his MO, he usually tries to fill needs through trades, so I would expect a boring July 5th. All that said, boyle and pavs' extensions should get done between now and July 5th since I cant see dougie entering the UFA period with so many question marks. there is no way I can see dougie go into next season with both boyle and pavs and neither having been extended. Dougie cant lose those two guys for nothing. I thought there might be action today, so I still expect something on those fronts soon.

The dougie roulette continues...

Stalock is the backup goalie i dont know why you keep glossing over that, he will sign cheapish probably no more then Griess. I dont see the line up changing much from what it is today, maybe Boyle gets moved but i doubt it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalock is the backup goalie i dont know why you keep glossing over that, he will sign cheapish probably no more then Griess. I dont see the line up changing much from what it is today, maybe Boyle gets moved but i doubt it.

Pavelski may get moved if Vinny is signed though I think it's unlikely he signs with San Jose. If another winger is aquired to take Burns' spot up front then Boyle may be moved. I'm not really holding out hope for anything else to happen though.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldnt be surprised if both boyle and pavs are extended. That said, do you guys think dougie would enter next season without extending those two? Seems to put him in a catch 22 if they play well.

ifthe sharks play well and then he has to keep them since you cant trade those guys at the deadline if good. Then good chance you lose both for nothing. I dont see how dougie can afford that given the state of the team. If he trades them now, he can get some immediate help for next year, or extends them now to give certainty going forward. As such, I think we havent seen the last of the news...

Besides Stalock+galiardi+kennedy is gunna run upwards of 5M, 1.5M more than the cap space they have. I dunno if dougie wants to play cap roulette with havlat's injury. That means someone has to go be it galiardi or one of the existing contracts.

Interesting scenario created with the kennedy move.

The sa

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks right now, you have to believe Doug Wilson still has some moves up his sleeve.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks shopping TJG

The San Jose Sharks acquired forward Tyler Kennedy from the Pittsburgh Penguins yesterday. It looks like that move might impact restricted free agent TJ Galiardi.

The Sharks have put the 25-year-old forward on the trading block, according to a CSN Bay Area source.

Galiardi had five goals and 14 points in 36 games last season. He’s coming off of a one-year, $950,000 contract.

San Jose acquired Galiardi, Daniel Winnik, and a seventh round pick from the Colorado Avalanche in 2012 in exchange for Jamie McGinn, Mike Connolly, and Michael Sgarbossa.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The San Jose Sharks acquired forward Tyler Kennedy from the Pittsburgh Penguins yesterday. It looks like that move might impact restricted free agent TJ Galiardi.

The Sharks have put the 25-year-old forward on the trading block, according to a CSN Bay Area source.

Galiardi had five goals and 14 points in 36 games last season. He’s coming off of a one-year, $950,000 contract.

San Jose acquired Galiardi, Daniel Winnik, and a seventh round pick from the Colorado Avalanche in 2012 in exchange for Jamie McGinn, Mike Connolly, and Michael Sgarbossa.

Not overly shocking TJ must be asking for big numbers, question remains is Kennedy that much of an upgrade? He hasn't been right since his concussion

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not overly shocking TJ must be asking for big numbers, question remains is Kennedy that much of an upgrade? He hasn't been right since his concussion

I didn't expect the Galiardi negotiations to go well. He went to arbitration last time and with an increaced role on the team this year it was bound to go down hill.