• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalock and probably 2 ways Sateri is the man this season in the AHL and Hermskreek is the back up

I don't expect Hemskirk to be back with the organization unless he signs an AHL/ECHL contract. Grosenik will be the back up in Worcester next year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't expect Hemskirk to be back with the organization unless he signs an AHL/ECHL contract. Grosenik will be the back up in Worcester next year.

Good he sucks, i saw him play quite a bit in stockton and he was terribad at best

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Holmgren still the dumbest GM in the league with the Vinnie signing

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I would have rather had TJ's speed and grit in our bottom six for $1.25 million than a 4th rounder in 2015. TJ was just starting to fit in too. Don't like this trade one bit. I am still hoping that we can flip MARY Havlat for a good bottom six forward but I would be happy if we could get new tires on the Brocade Zamboni for him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Petrecki and Viedensky sent QO's. Tommy Grant and Heemskirk not qualified and will become UFAs.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I would have rather had TJ's speed and grit in our bottom six for $1.25 million than a 4th rounder in 2015. TJ was just starting to fit in too. Don't like this trade one bit. I am still hoping that we can flip MARY Havlat for a good bottom six forward but I would be happy if we could get new tires on the Brocade Zamboni for him.

Not sure which speed and grit you're referring to... OK, maybe I'll give you the speed part. TJ was Torrey Mitchell's twin, basically. He sucks out loud with linemates that don't carry his ass out there. Even with lots of help, he's still mediocre and inconsistent.

$1.5 (or more) that it would have taken to sign the spoiled baby would have been a huge waste of money. I'm glad Dougie came to his senses and realized just that.

The fact that he got anything at all in return is just gravy.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate Torrey Mitchell, so in my mind TJ was nowhere near that worthless. I respect your two cents Rares, as usual, but I feel like TJ was starting to fit in. Grit wasn't the right word, I should have said chippiness. I like TJ in an agitator role, once he finally got comfortable with us he was out there chirping and mixing it up a bit. With that said, he was still a huge disappointment, he never showed the offensive upside that he displayed during his first full season with the Avs and it's a bummer that all we have to show for Jaime McGinn is a 4th round pick in two years. It would be nice to have McGinn in the bottom six right now with his speed and ability to throw the body but I don't want to beat on that dead horse again. :deadhorse:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure which speed and grit you're referring to... OK, maybe I'll give you the speed part. TJ was Torrey Mitchell's twin, basically. He sucks out loud with linemates that don't carry his ass out there. Even with lots of help, he's still mediocre and inconsistent.

$1.5 (or more) that it would have taken to sign the spoiled baby would have been a huge waste of money. I'm glad Dougie came to his senses and realized just that.

The fact that he got anything at all in return is just gravy.

Speed yes, grit unless it was on the toilet paper he was using it didnt exist in his game at all. The guy is about as easy to knock off the puck as Pavelski. I will give him some credit for not doing fly bys around the net like Burns did when it came to rebounds, he would go in there and interfere with Quick and get penalties.

Galaridi grossly overestimated his value to the team, and didnt take into consideration he was gifted a first line role due to injuries not because he earned it in anyway.

I agree he was Torrey Mitchells slightly better skating twin

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I fucking hate Torrey Mitchell, so in my mind TJ was nowhere near that worthless. I respect your two cents Rares, as usual, but I feel like TJ was starting to fit in. Grit wasn't the right word, I should have said chippiness. I like TJ in an agitator role, once he finally got comfortable with us he was out there chirping and mixing it up a bit. With that said, he was still a huge disappointment, he never showed the offensive upside that he displayed during his first full season with the Avs and it's a bummer that all we have to show for Jaime McGinn is a 4th round pick in two years. It would be nice to have McGinn in the bottom six right now with his speed and ability to throw the body but I don't want to beat on that dead horse again. :deadhorse:

McGinn went to Colorado and played on the top line it reflected in his stats, by the end of the season he wasnt getting those minutes or PP chances and it reflected in his numbers, the guy as good as he's being made out to be. He clearly is still dogged by attitude problems since it appears Colorado was trying to dump him last season, hes been having those issues since Jr Hockey to the point where Kilrea and the 67's suspended his ass from playing.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha... gotcha. I can't disagree much with the whole "trade return" aspect of it... definitely a bad one, even though I never liked McGinn either. I think I was most pissed (still am?) about the "sign Burish instead of Winnik" part... still no idea what Dougie was thinking on that one. Oh well.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all means Hertl is replacing Havlat just like I was hoping. Can't wait to see this kid play.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps Wilson felt Galiardi didn't fit in well in the locker room. I always found it strange that no one on the team even batted an eye when L.A. was taking runs at him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: With rookie C Tomas Hertl expected to play with Sharks next season plus newly acquired Tyler Kennedy, had to move a body out: Galiardi goes

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Perhaps Wilson felt Galiardi didn't fit in well in the locker room. I always found it strange that no one on the team even batted an eye when L.A. was taking runs at him.

this wouldnt surprise me either. I cant see why dougie would have thrown him out for next to nothing while paying a 2nd rounder (and double the salary) to kennedy. Not that TJ was playing all that well, but at age 25, he was still young and starting to improve and still pretty cheap.

The locker room or work ethic questions are the only explanations I can get...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Petrecki and Viedensky sent QO's. Tommy Grant and Heemskirk not qualified and will become UFAs.

Speaking of Petrecki what the hell happened to his development? Did he get Sommered? His development just took a huge shit once he played a full season under Roy. Was just a case he was man against boys in college and he cant hang at the AHL level? Just curious a lot of hype on him and he just kind of is a second though now

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rather had TJ for $1.5 than a 4th rounder too. A 4th rounder is pretty much a throw away and will likely amount to nothing. TJ must have really been asking for too much. In that case, good riddance. Sucks he kind o forced the trade through hard negotiations. He would have been useful next season.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: With rookie C Tomas Hertl expected to play with Sharks next season plus newly acquired Tyler Kennedy, had to move a body out: Galiardi goes

That is crazy. He's going to have a few months to adjust to the NA ice and it's a go? Wow I'm excited to see this kid. He's still going to have to earn a spot though. I hope they aren't rushing him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of Petrecki what the hell happened to his development? Did he get Sommered? His development just took a huge shit once he played a full season under Roy. Was just a case he was man against boys in college and he cant hang at the AHL level? Just curious a lot of hype on him and he just kind of is a second though now

Injuries. Every time he really started putting his game together he'd get hurt and it would set him back. At the end of the 2012 season and most of last year he really played like a legit NHL prospect.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is crazy. He's going to have a few months to adjust to the NA ice and it's a go? Wow I'm excited to see this kid. He's still going to have to earn a spot though. I hope they aren't rushing him.

Prior to this year Hertl's Czech team played all their home games on NHL sized ice. He's also played many international tournaments on the smaller ice so it shouldn't be a huge adjustment.