• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about taking a stab at nathan Gerbe?

Undersized as he is, he's got some nice skills and is only 25. Bufflao bought out his 1.4M salary, so he could be added for likely 1M or less. Might be fun to take a chance on him.... not gunna happen, but still he has put up solid numbers over his short career, including 16 goals and 31 pts in 2010-11. His career 29 goals, 72 pts in 188 games corresponds to 13 goals, 31 pts per 82 games, which is definitely not bad, and seems worthy of a 1M salary shot in the dark. I could see a guy with his speed and skill actually fitting in well on a line with Jumbo since he can dart around and get open. Worst case scenario he plays minimal minutes on a 4th line or is an extra forward but at 1M or less, it's hardly a big price to pay for the nice upside.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about taking a stab at nathan Gerbe?

Undersized as he is, he's got some nice skills and is only 25. Bufflao bought out his 1.4M salary, so he could be added for likely 1M or less. Might be fun to take a chance on him.... not gunna happen, but still he has put up solid numbers over his short career, including 16 goals and 31 pts in 2010-11. His career 29 goals, 72 pts in 188 games corresponds to 13 goals, 31 pts per 82 games, which is definitely not bad, and seems worthy of a 1M salary shot in the dark. I could see a guy with his speed and skill actually fitting in well on a line with Jumbo since he can dart around and get open. Worst case scenario he plays minimal minutes on a 4th line or is an extra forward but at 1M or less, it's hardly a big price to pay for the nice upside.

Small guys, especially guys as small as Gerbe tend to struggle in the west, I see him being another Ben ferrio, a 2 way contract would be the only to even risk on him

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't Gerbe have major back issues and wasn't the same player when he can back.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a more immediate need is a LH puck mover from the blueline. As it stands, the current LH dmen are Irwin, Vlasic, and Stuart. Stuart and Vlasic aren't going anywhere so I would like to upgrade Irwin's position if possible. Stuart isn't bad, Irwin is meh, Vlasic is Vlasic. Irwin has a good shot but his defense was slipping as the season progressed last season and he became a liability.

I can live with Wingels/Sheppard getting spot duty as top 9ers, but having an experienced LH dman puckmover would do wonders for the transition game. However, I don't even think there is cap space to add someone like that.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, I know you alluded to this need for a LH puck mover in the "next season's lineup' thread. Who do you see as potential targets?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, I know you alluded to this need for a LH puck mover in the "next season's lineup' thread. Who do you see as potential targets?

I haven't really looked to see who is or might be available. To get that puck mover we're talking about a major roster shake up. Moving out Boyle and Pavelski and moving Burns back to dman.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garrioch reporting the Sharks are in contact with Alfredsson. Normally I laugh off anything Garrioch says but Ottawa is the one place he does actually have connections with.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrioch reporting the Sharks are in contact with Alfredsson. Normally I laugh off anything Garrioch says but Ottawa is the one place he does actually have connections with.

Yeah, and also confirmed to have interested was Boston... and a lot of other teams.

It's nonsense, really. Just the agent trying to drive up the price. Everyone knows he's going to play in Ottawa for another year or two.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, and also confirmed to have interested was Boston... and a lot of other teams.

It's nonsense, really. Just the agent trying to drive up the price. Everyone knows he's going to play in Ottawa for another year or two.

It wasn't the prospect of getting Alfredsson that I found interesting. If Wilson is showing interest in a player like Alfredsson then that's a pretty strong indication that he doesn't expect Havlat back this season and will try to use that $5m in LTIR space.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really looked to see who is or might be available. To get that puck mover we're talking about a major roster shake up. Moving out Boyle and Pavelski and moving Burns back to dman.

Leopold would have been solid, but he's re-signed by the Blues. I get what you're saying with a roster shakeup needed to bring in a vet LH dman. There just isn't enough cap space to sign a UFA that can step in without moving out some salary.

Wade Redden? Doug always gets his guy, even if it's 4 years too late (Blake, Rivet, Handzus)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grabovski has been bought out by Toronto.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Grabovski has been bought out by Toronto.

Well they were hemming and hawing over that just slightly over forever, id assume that's an precursor to them signing Bozak for an insane overpayment.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well they were hemming and hawing over that just slightly over forever, id assume that's an precursor to them signing Bozak for an insane overpayment.

Making a run at Clarkson too most likely.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Kurz the Sharks are close to finalizing a deal with Kennedy and are interested in bringing Hannan back.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dumping money to re-sign Rask and Bergeron. From what I understand the Bruins organization didn't like Segin's off ice behavior.

Yeah it's been two seasons running that charelli has made comments about seguins offseason antics kind of strange it's only coming from from the GM and no other media outlets or even social media