• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Pollock - Brent Burns will start next year at the forward position.

It is imperative that Demers outplays Hannan to make a Stuart/Demers pairing. That will make the 'loss' of Burns as a dman more bearable.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stalberg to Nashville. 4 year $12M.
Clarkson to Toronto for 7 years. No $$ figure yet, but I'm sure they overpaid.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalberg to Nashville. 4 year $12M.
Clarkson to Toronto for 7 years. No $$ figure yet, but I'm sure they overpaid.

I think I read $5.25m per for Clarkson.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sorry, I meants not that the arrowns mean one is better or worse, but that one player become the other.

I would much rather dougie keep galiardi and the 2nd and make that stalberg deal. 3M per is a great price for player of his ability. age 27, 22 goals last year (last full year) and at 6'3, 210 he's a big tough body in his prime who won a cup. That is a steal based on the money Im seeing thrown around. These are the kind of smart deals that win cups.

of all the deals however, stalberg's is the only one that I would wholly support.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy Christ theres some shit deals going out this off season, Horton overpaid, Clowe Overpaid, Clarkson Overpaid, Bozak importance to his team might be right but anyone else overpaid lol, aand what the shit is up with that Alferdson deal 5.5 mill for one season?

I agree with Rules the only reasonable contract signed so far has been Stalbergs, i think the Kennedy deal is a little to high, but if he returns to form then it may come out looking cheap.

Something else i agree with Rules on looking at this offseason, is that Pavelski will get a minimum 5.5 mil deal if not 6 on the open market, maybe dealing him for perron wouldnt be a bad idea lol

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sorry, I meants not that the arrowns mean one is better or worse, but that one player become the other.

I would much rather dougie keep galiardi and the 2nd and make that stalberg deal. 3M per is a great price for player of his ability. age 27, 22 goals last year (last full year) and at 6'3, 210 he's a big tough body in his prime who won a cup. That is a steal based on the money Im seeing thrown around. These are the kind of smart deals that win cups.

of all the deals however, stalberg's is the only one that I would wholly support.

Yeah, I like the Stalberg deal too...very fair deal. Like you said, some of these others are ridiculous. Hey, more power to the players, glad they are able to get the $$$, but this is the kind of shit that leads to lockouts. LOL.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think a whole bunch of teams will find themselves in trouble or at least like philly with big buyout costs and big money buried (like pronger, bryz, briere). That said, there are UFA's out there that would still be nice to add, but dougie isnt gunna enter that fray. i think pavs might be resignable for 5M per, but now i am not sure. for anything more than 5M per, I would veto it. I would rather dougie deal pavs now for some solid value than lose him next summer for nothing. I still feel like the sharks really need to get younger. hannan is old, torres too is getting old, so the roster just keeps aging with so few sub-25 year olds on it.

you'd think dougie could parlay pavs and one of the D (they have 8 now not including burns) into a solid young forward particularly since they elected to draft Mueller instead of a forward.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All my arrows go the opposite direction in those comparisons Rules. Except Murray and Hannan that is pretty much an even trade off.

Per Kurz - Alex Stalock has re-signed.

I think Hannan is better then Murray just on agility,mobility and quickness granted thats compared to murray lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If anything this offseason once again proves its the owners and gm's that are the problems not the players

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, the more crazy these salaries get, the more valuable drafting and acquiring young players becomes. If a 31 year old UFA like clowe gets 5M, but a young stud on an ELC gets 1M, that's a pretty huge difference. Look at cooch for 2.8 this season. I feel like a team needs at least 3 or 4 players like cooch signed 3-4M under market to assemble a cup winning team.

Maybe after the frenzy there will be teams that lost out on the players they want, and might look at pavs' 4M and recognize how cheap that is. They might be desperate for help at C and dougie can swing a r*pe job for a top young player.

Which teams might have a glut of youth and need help now? Edmonton comes to mind, but anyone else?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW, the more crazy these salaries get, the more valuable drafting and acquiring young players becomes. If a 31 year old UFA like clowe gets 5M, but a young stud on an ELC gets 1M, that's a pretty huge difference. Look at cooch for 2.8 this season. I feel like a team needs at least 3 or 4 players like cooch signed 3-4M under market to assemble a cup winning team.

Maybe after the frenzy there will be teams that lost out on the players they want, and might look at pavs' 4M and recognize how cheap that is. They might be desperate for help at C and dougie can swing a r*pe job for a top young player.

Which teams might have a glut of youth and need help now? Edmonton comes to mind, but anyone else?

I approve this message, deal him for a Yakapov though i'd prefere Eberele

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:.......blah BLAH everybody is talking about Alfredsson.

Who Cares!

:thumb: Kennedy & Hannan signed, so what's the next move Doug?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I approve this message, deal him for a Yakapov though i'd prefere Eberele

haha, yeah, not too likely... maybe florida, buffalo, ottawa or NJ would bite. All 4 were in the bottom 10 in scoring last year and NJ especially has gotta be looking for hlep up front immediately, given that signing clowe while losing clarkson is hardly a big upgrade on O. Pavelski s a 3rd line C on the sharks, so paying 5+M for such a player is also too steep. Maybe the sharks can land a solid 3rd line young C+ for pavs

NJ might deal henrique for pavs Henrique could be a 50+ pt scorer and cost pretty little for several years given his age and experience.

or...

FLA could deal shore, bjugstad, or Gudbranson. All three are 22 or younger and none of the three has really emerged in the NHL yet, but all three could be studly in time. i wouldnt mind dougie moving pavelski and/or demers to dip into FLA's youth.

or...

Ottawa could deal silfverberg.

or...

Buffalo could part with Grigorenko (doubt it) or hodgson. They might also pay a premium in youth to unload stafford, who would be a risk, but was excellent prior to last season.

The options for dougie should he choose to look more to the future are there. I kinda get the feeling based on the lenght of he kennedy signing as well as bringing back hannan and torres and the lack of extensions thus far for any of the big 4 to-be-ufa's, that dougie is looking at next year as a final go-for-it year. i suppose this implies no action this summer, but what a risky play...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if the sharks gave up Seto, coyle, and a 1st for 1 year of Burns, dougie ought to be able to get a sub 25 top 9 forward, top organizational prospect, and 2014 1st for pavs (and maybe demers included). Granted burns is younger and is (was) top pairing dman, but still, dougie out to be able to parlay a similar deal.

I just cant see how dougie can keep pavs given his value on the market as a UFA, role on the team (3rd line C), and age (29). man I hope there is a raping sometime later this summer...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
fillpula got 5 yrs 5M? he's a good player, yes, but has only ecclipsed 40 points once in his entire career and he's already 29, so he'll be getting that mony well into his 30's. No way he gets 5M and pavs gets less than 5.5 or 6.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh Fillpula was more of a 2 way guy and he was good at it so its almost justifiable lol almost

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy fuck Bobby Ryan got traded to the sens for Slifvenberg or whatever lol

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Holy fuck Bobby Ryan got traded to the sens for Slifvenberg or whatever lol

Ah yes, and there yah go. I was kinda hoping dougie might pull a deal just like that for pavs, but oh well. Perhaps this is a precursor to the type of move he can make...

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Clowe deal has got me in a serious state of WHAT THE FUCK?!!?! :wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2::wtf2: