• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Korky said earlier, this shows what we all already knew....these owners and GM's are insane.

Seriously, I was very much against the players during the previous lockout but wow. Can you really blame them for merely ACCEPTING these ridiculous contracts? Ryane Clowe's career is in the gutter, it could be over after this season due to concussions yet he receives almost 5 million dollars per year?!?!?!?! :gaah: At least we didn't give it to him...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seriously, I was very much against the players during the previous lockout but wow. Can you really blame them for merely ACCEPTING these ridiculous contracts? Ryane Clowe's career is in the gutter, it could be over after this season due to concussions yet he receives almost 5 million dollars per year?!?!?!?! :gaah: At least we didn't give it to him...

Sharks knew it was crazy that Clowe asked them for that kind of $$, but Wilson knew someone would be stupid enough to pay it.
Have to say DW has been good about not paying out awful contracts. Havlat's deal is only bad because he can't stay healthy. He's still a top 6, when you can keep him out of the hospital. The Burish deal isn't good either, but it's not a huge $$ deal like these other crazy signings.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks knew it was crazy that Clowe asked them for that kind of $$, but Wilson knew someone would be stupid enough to pay it.
Have to say DW has been good about not paying out awful contracts. Havlat's deal is only bad because he can't stay healthy. He's still a top 6, when you can keep him out of the hospital. The Burish deal isn't good either, but it's not a huge $$ deal like these other crazy signings.

yes, dougie is good at not signing roster-crushing deals. that said, he's pretty bad at signing roster creating deals for UFA's. he's respectable at resigning his own guys to good deals, particularly RFA's. He's probably the best RFA signer in the league. And, to be honest, looking at the $$ and term being thrown around today, kennedy's 2.3M oer for two years is downright cheap. On the UFA market, he might have gotten 4M per for 4 or 5 years. He is a point-per-2 games , and ha double digit goals every year before last. if the concussion is over and he is fully healthy, then its a good deal in light of the current market.

All that said, dougie has made several very bad UFA deals with minimal good ones (maybe nemo's is good). Burish and Zues were terrible and combine to two years 4.3M per year. its not that bad, but that's good money wasted. When was the last time dougie did real well bringing in a UFA? To me, the only one I got is Manny malhotra, and maybe gomez too. Stuey was respectable, but nothing spectacular.

I really would love to have that stalberg deal.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I approve this message, deal him for a Yakapov though i'd prefere Eberele

We'll Edmonton still doesn't have a single healthy center under contract so a deal like that isn't out of the question. I really like Eberle but I think I'd take Yaks in that trade.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll Edmonton still doesn't have a single healthy center under contract so a deal like that isn't out of the question. I really like Eberle but I think I'd take Yaks in that trade.

I just like Eberle because he will go into traffic with the puck and hold on to creating openings for teammates, Im not sure about Yaks though havent seen enough of him but he seems like an Ovchekin light but less physical

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Setoguchi traded again, this time to the Jets for a 2nd round pick.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jesus fucking christ players are hitting the lottery today Inginla 1 year 6 mill holy over payment

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I would love eberle for pavelski. eberle is electric, and young. he would be a fabulous addition as a future core. his 6M seems expensive but given the market for young star forwards and that even aging vets are getting 5-6M, it would seem like a pretty nice deal.

Pavs+pick/prospect/dman for eberle would be a great way to compliment cooch, hertl, burns, the rest of the young D, and the future core. I cannot imagine edmonton giving up a player like eberle for a rental center though, unless they already had an extension basically worked out with pavs.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would love eberle for pavelski. eberle is electric, and young. he would be a fabulous addition as a future core. his 6M seems expensive but given the market for young star forwards and that even aging vets are getting 5-6M, it would seem like a pretty nice deal.

Pavs+pick/prospect/dman for eberle would be a great way to compliment cooch, hertl, burns, the rest of the young D, and the future core. I cannot imagine edmonton giving up a player like eberle for a rental center though, unless they already had an extension basically worked out with pavs.

Sharks need a LW goal scorer to play with Thornton and Burns and need to drop salary at the same time as they will need the space for Pavelski's 3rd line center replacement. Eberle is an outstanding player but Yaks is just as talented and better fits he team needs IMO.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like he knew this was coming. Friend of mine had dinner w him last week, said he was gonna be traded...

Yeah, it's a shame to see two different franchises sour on him so quickly.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks need a LW goal scorer to play with Thornton and Burns and need to drop salary at the same time as they will need the space for Pavelski's 3rd line center replacement. Eberle is an outstanding player but Yaks is just as talented and better fits he team needs IMO.

only one puck on the ice i dont think joe and yaks would mesh that well seeing how they both like holding the puck

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inginla's contract is interesting and seems like its a cap circumventive type move, only 1.8 salary towards the cap this year, but if he hits all of his bonus clause its an additonal 4.2 towards the cap next year, how does that work on a 1 year deal. Secondly can Boston buy that out next season with an compliance buy out

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inginla's contract is interesting and seems like its a cap circumventive type move, only 1.8 salary towards the cap this year, but if he hits all of his bonus clause its an additonal 4.2 towards the cap next year, how does that work on a 1 year deal. Secondly can Boston buy that out next season with an compliance buy out

One year contracts for 35+ players have always had bonus clauses. Any overage to the cap stemming from earned bonuses will be applied to Boston's '14/'15 cap. They cannot buy out bonus overages.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks would need to add much more to get Eberle wouldn't they? Eberle can hold it down with Couture for the next 6 years. I'd do Pavs+1st+Demers easily.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks would need to add much more to get Eberle wouldn't they? Eberle can hold it down with Couture for the next 6 years. I'd do Pavs+1st+Demers easily.

It's a complete shame Doug Wilson doesn't have the balls to make a trade like that.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a complete shame Doug Wilson doesn't have the balls to make a trade like that.

Who says he doesn't??? Maybe Edmonton wouldn't like that deal. Wilson has done very well when it comes to trades.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy crap! Sharks made a trade with the Oilers!

Lee Moffie for Kyle Bigos...