• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or they trade galliardis rights to Chicago for bolland then sign Derek Roy

Somehow, I think chicago can do a little better than the rights to galiardi for bolland, although maybe not with his pending UFA status after this year. there are surely a bunch of teams who would love to have him still. That said, I would not be surprised at all if dougie made a pitch for bolland and then signed him to an immediate extension. His age (27) is just right in terms of adding a solid long term piece to the puzzle and he plays a two-way game that dougie has gotta love.

Draft day should be alot of fun!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No on Bolland and HELL NO on Roy.

Just to add to the rumor mongering, Pavelski's house was listed for sale yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No on Bolland and HELL NO on Roy.

Just to add to the rumor mongering, Pavelski's house was listed for sale yesterday.

Figures Dwill finally figure out hes a great 3rd line center something the team has been lacking, and then he trades him lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Dreger says David Perron is being shopped by the Blues. He thinks the Sharks have interest and that the Blues would target Pavelski.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garrioch (LOL) reporting San Jose and Philly having serious talks with Anaheim about Bobby Ryan.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LeBrun reporting Letang has turned down the Pens latest offer of 8 years $56m.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Dreger says David Perron is being shopped by the Blues. He thinks the Sharks have interest and that the Blues would target Pavelski.

I like the addition of his size and he would be a great fit on the 3rd line, but isn't he rather frail and streaky

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LeBrun reporting Letang has turned down the Pens latest offer of 8 years $56m.

Letang is a solid Dman, but inflated because of playing with malkin and crosby. Put any dman with those two and the points are gunna have alot more space and get alot of freebie assists. He's obviously a top pairing Dman, but 8M? for a guy of his size? and a guy with injuries in the last two seasons.

it would be just like the leafs to trade the whole farm for him, pay him 8M per for 8 years and then have him be far less good playing with the leaf's pathetic forwards, then get hurt, then buy him out for 30M. hahaha... No thanks says Dougie...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the addition of his size and he would be a great fit on the 3rd line, but isn't he rather frail and streaky

Size? Perron? He's the same size as Pavelski.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Letang is a solid Dman, but inflated because of playing with malkin and crosby. Put any dman with those two and the points are gunna have alot more space and get alot of freebie assists. He's obviously a top pairing Dman, but 8M? for a guy of his size? and a guy with injuries in the last two seasons.

it would be just like the leafs to trade the whole farm for him, pay him 8M per for 8 years and then have him be far less good playing with the leaf's pathetic forwards, then get hurt, then buy him out for 30M. hahaha... No thanks says Dougie...

He's one of the best transition dmen in the league. Crosby and Malkin benefit from Letang just as much he from them.

I'm not sure it's a matter of dollars that's the issue. It's sounding more and more like he just wants out of Pitt.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

next year they make the same and pavelski is a superior player by a ways. Granted perror is 4 years younger and signed for 2 additional years, but at nearly 4M per, he's not much a discount. In fact given his history of injuries and not that extensive production, I actually think he might be a bit overpaid.

If the blues were to throw in a 1st rounder, then I would consider it. Pavs for Perron+1st is not that terrible.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
next year they make the same and pavelski is a superior player by a ways. Granted perror is 4 years younger and signed for 2 additional years, but at nearly 4M per, he's not much a discount. In fact given his history of injuries and not that extensive production, I actually think he might be a bit overpaid.

If the blues were to throw in a 1st rounder, then I would consider it. Pavs for Perron+1st is not that terrible.

Pavelski is the better all around player, though Perron isn't bad defensively. Perron is a much more dynamic offensive player and it would show if you take him out of Hitchcock's system. Blues may have to add but I doubt it would be a 1st. 2nd or a B level prospect is the best you could hope for.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per McKenzie the Oilers are trying to move their 1st and 2nd round picks (#7, #37, #56 overall) for immediate roster help.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Blues lack offensive depth, and Perron is playing for hitchcock. 2 things he has over pavelski are size and speed, i like that. Plus Pavelski year after year constantly takes 1.5 month break then scores for a month and takes another break after one round of the playoffs.

Id rather take the chance on a younger bigger faster player then pavs though i really love pavs on the 3rd line

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pavelski is the better all around player, though Perron isn't bad defensively. Perron is a much more dynamic offensive player and it would show if you take him out of Hitchcock's system. Blues may have to add but I doubt it would be a 1st. 2nd or a B level prospect is the best you could hope for.

isnt perron better in the face off circle?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isnt perron better in the face off circle?

I'm not sure Perron has ever taken a faceoff, lol. Not many in the league are better than Pavelski in that area.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure Perron has ever taken a faceoff, lol. Not many in the league are better than Pavelski in that area.

I must be confusing him for Backes, eh so Perron wouldnt be a step up over Burns as a forward, this off season is going to be an interesting one, its like of the talent available and some of it really good, none of it fits san jose needs lol

I still say make a pitch for Clarkson

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I must be confusing him for Backes, eh so Perron wouldnt be a step up over Burns as a forward, this off season is going to be an interesting one, its like of the talent available and some of it really good, none of it fits san jose needs lol

I still say make a pitch for Clarkson

Not a big fan of Clarkson and some idiot GM is going to throw $5m+ at him. McCarther, Stalberg, and filppula are the only forward FA's that interest me.