• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Clyde's reaction:
wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

I don't expect everyone to like the same 5th/6th round prospects as I do.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati is a straight up mauler, that's his specialty.
Are you ignorant of this, ignore it, or did you mistype?

one of the things people say about iupati is he needs a mean streak. good guard but he needs a sprinkle of kyle turley.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
on the right side i'd rather have a mauler type not another iupati

Iupati seems good all around, so what does "not another Iupati" mean? he's not elite at everything but then again who is?

btw - to me the "stereotypes" of the OT's and OG's aren't as strong today? yes, the LT is still better at pass protect, the RT at running blocking, but the disparity isn't as large.

similar to OG's, the disparity for one is more pass protect, one is 'mauler', isn't as large. you hope to get good overall linemen and connecting back to Silatolu (or any RG prospect).............IF he's projected that good, i'd make that trade in this scenario.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iupati is no kevin gogan, lets just put it that way. so call me a troll or whatever but lets not think iupati is the best guard we've ever had in a niners uniform. he's good for the left side of the line because of his ability to pull.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Iupati just made the pro bowl in his second season.

Maybe you need to readjust your stands. You know, kinda like how you consistently do for Alex.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
iupati is no kevin gogan, lets just put it that way. so call me a troll or whatever but lets not think iupati is the best guard we've ever had in a niners uniform. he's good for the left side of the line because of his ability to pull.

"best guard we ever had..."??!!

now i might go back and read the thread, cause who said that? don't think it was even implied?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"best guard we ever had..."??!!

now i might go back and read the thread, cause who said that? don't think it was even implied?

it wasn't. but if we're trading up for a guy i don't want a chance at another iupati who's at his best on the left side. i don't think iupati will ever come close to the hype of being the best guard since hutchinson.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it wasn't. but if we're trading up for a guy i don't want a chance at another iupati who's at his best on the left side. i don't think iupati will ever come close to the hype of being the best guard since hutchinson.

who hyped Iupati as the best guard since Hutchinson?

you feel Silatolu isn't good so of course you don't like the trade. if Baalke and Harbaugh views Silatolu (or other prospect) as THIS good, i'd do the trade.

we're not trading two 1st round picks here, we're not even trading 2nd round picks? we're trading a 4th, 5th, and 3rd for a very good linemen (in this scenario).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who hyped Iupati as the best guard since Hutchinson?

you feel Silatolu isn't good so of course you don't like the trade. if Baalke and Harbaugh views Silatolu (or other prospect) as THIS good, i'd do the trade.

we're not trading two 1st round picks here, we're not even trading 2nd round picks? we're trading a 4th, 5th, and 3rd for a very good linemen (in this scenario).

silatolu is a division 2 prospect, i would be pissed if we did a trade up in the 2nd for him. it's a major stretch to compare him to any guard. iupati was hyped as the best guard prospect since hutchinson prior to the draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
silatolu is a division 2 prospect, i would be pissed if we did a trade up in the 2nd for him. it's a major stretch to compare him to any guard. iupati was hyped as the best guard prospect since hutchinson prior to the draft.

i'm talking Silatolu OR any RG prospect they project as GOOD? you're focused soley on Silatolu alone, so can't see my point. thats ok, we just move on.

btw - don't feel being a Div. II player should automatically mean he's not worth trading up for (in the 2nd). if you say he's just not a good prospect, fine, but you're only saying "Div. II..."?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm talking Silatolu OR any RG prospect they project as GOOD? you're focused soley on Silatolu alone, so can't see my point. thats ok, we just move on.

btw - don't feel being a Div. II player should automatically mean he's not worth trading up for (in the 2nd). if you say he's just not a good prospect, fine, but you're only saying "Div. II..."?

the article states trading up specifically for silatolu

and it's hard to get a good analysis of a prospect when he plays bad competition. he should have been dominating playing division 2

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Wouldn't mind these first two picks at all.Then I would like to see us trade up in round 3 to draft George Iloka to eventually take over for Whitner, providing added depth this season at the ss spot.

I thought Iloka was a FS. I know he's big for the position, but he reminds me of Goldson. He's probably versitle enough to play both.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Stephan Gilmore CB
2. Muhamed Sanu WR
3. Senio Kelemete OG
4. Junior Hemingway WR