• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why he would flourish in are offence but id rather pick gilmore over hill wr class is deep really deep

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First Draft: 3/5
Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. break down the players that fill out the team needs for picks 1 through 5 of the upcoming NFL draft.

First Draft: 3/5 - ESPN

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Would love Hill in the first. Big fast WR who catches the ball with his hands and not his chest. He was in an offense that didn't let him put up gaudy numbers. However that offense makes their WR block a lot. That is something we saw with the 49ers this year. I was actually very impressed with Crabs blocking effort. Hill I'd already used to blocking downfield and that is big IMO. The rest I am iffy on...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. says the Saints have always been great at finding value in the draft so they would suffer greatly if they lost draft picks.

Mel Kiper Jr. - ESPN

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com MOCK DRAFT CENTRAL
Mock Drafts Central

I do like that a couple of the guys are still mock Sanu to us.

I don't care about the 40 yard dash. This guy is fast with the ball in his hands. What did Jerry Rice run?

Sanu's blocking, hands and route running are tailor made for this offense. With added muscle he could be compared to Anquan Boldin.

Mohamed Sanu Highlight Reel (BEAST) - YouTube

How could you not like him? Forget a 40 yard dash, look how he dashes on the field, through would be tacklers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two types of WRs.

WRs that look faster on the field than they do in shorts.

WRs that looks faster in shorts than they do on the field.

Mohamed Sanu is the former. Michael Floyd is the latter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I agree Sanu plays faster than his 40 time, but I don't think Floyd plays slower than his 40 time. I think Floyd is legit.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

floyd is fast and agile for his size. they had floyd returning kicks in the bowl game i'm assuming to showcase floyd a bit for the draft.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo can you put up Mcshay's new Mock?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Are you interested in Sanu, Clyde? He strikes me (on a very limited sample size) as having quite a few similarities to Crabtree. Really not much of a deep threat at all.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Kiper and McShay mocked Hill to the 49ers. Not sure if it was a combined mock or their own.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you interested in Sanu, Clyde? He strikes me (on a very limited sample size) as having quite a few similarities to Crabtree. Really not much of a deep threat at all.

I'm actually higher on Sanu than most people. He's currently my #2 rated WR after Justin Blackmon but before Michael Floyd. I have him ranked somewhere in the twenties now and if I thought we HAD to go WR he'd probably be my pick by just a hair over guys like Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill (who are #4 and #5 for me, respectively).

I think the Crabtree comparisons are apt. I had Crabtree rated as a late first rounder, which is about where I have Sanu. I think Sanu has a bit stronger release and more explosive breaks. He's also a bit more versatile so he reminds a bit of Percy Harvin in that area. He runs with a low center of gravity kind of like a RB so he can even take the occasional handoff. If I had to pick a comparison I would've said a mix of Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree before this thread. I don't think he'll ever be a star WR, but I think he'll a really, really solid #2 guy who can block well and lineup all over the place for an offense.

I know if you're looking to hit more of a home-run obviously you look at Wright or Hill instead, but I believe Sanu is low risk guy that can come in right away and contribute for a long time.

I really like the guy's personality from a player's standpoint as well. Something I can't say about Crabs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm actually higher on Sanu than most people. He's currently my #2 rated WR after Justin Blackmon but before Michael Floyd. I have him ranked somewhere in the twenties now and if I thought we HAD to go WR he'd probably be my pick by just a hair over guys like Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill (who are #4 and #5 for me, respectively).

I think the Crabtree comparisons are apt. I had Crabtree rated as a late first rounder, which is about where I have Sanu. I think Sanu has a bit stronger release and more explosive breaks. He's also a bit more versatile so he reminds a bit of Percy Harvin in that area. He runs with a low center of gravity kind of like a RB so he can even take the occasional handoff. If I had to pick a comparison I would've said a mix of Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree before this thread. I don't think he'll ever be a star WR, but I think he'll a really, really solid #2 guy who can block well and lineup all over the place for an offense.

I know if you're looking to hit more of a home-run obviously you look at Wright or Hill instead, but I believe Sanu is low risk guy that can come in right away and contribute for a long time.

I really like the guy's personality from a player's standpoint as well. Something I can't say about Crabs.

Thanks for the insight. Do you think his 40 pushes him well into the second round or lower? And would you take him - either at 30 or elsewhere - given that we have Crabtree?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the insight. Do you think his 40 pushes him well into the second round or lower? And would you take him - either at 30 or elsewhere - given that we have Crabtree?

IF we had to take a WR at 30, he'd be my choice. Followed by Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill.

I don't wanna go WR at 30, though. The real value is in the mid-rounds, with guys like AJ Jenkins and Junior Hemingway. I'd like to land both of them if we have the chance.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo can you put up Mcshay's new Mock?

Much shuffling in new projection
A third QB is now in the top 10, while WRs and linemen continue to rise
Originally Published: March 7, 2012
By Todd McShay | ESPN.com

The NFL combine has come and gone, so what better time for an updated 2012 mock draft? On-campus pro day workouts and the upcoming free agency period and on-campus pro day workouts will shift team needs and draft projections over the next few weeks, but as things stand right now we have a good idea what holes teams need to fill and where prospects fit on the overall draft board.

The combine and film study have wrought plenty of changes since my last projection, as has the declaration by the St. Louis Rams that the No. 2 overall pick is essentially up for auction for teams wishing to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

A third quarterback has joined Griffin and Andrew Luck in the top 10, while five defensive tackles are now in the first round mix along with seven offensive linemen.

Alabama leads all schools with five players among the top 32 picks, with Stanford (four), Baylor (two) and LSU (two) being the only others with more than one prospect on the list.

Here's how the entire board shakes down at this point in the process.

* = draft-eligible non-seniors

1. Indianapolis Colts
Record: 2-14
Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
It's never easy to say goodbye to a legend like Peyton Manning -- a Super Bowl winner and the face of the franchise since his first day in training camp -- but using the No. 1 overall pick on a once-in-a-generation prospect like Luck is an opportunity the Colts can't pass up. Luck's NFL-ready skill set and demeanor sets Indianapolis up for another decade-plus with one of the best quarterbacks in the league.

2. St. Louis Rams
Record: 2-14
Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State
With the Rams intent on trading down, this projection is made with the assumption they will pick somewhere between No. 4 and No. 8 overall. Blackmon is the top receiver on the board and would give QB Sam Bradford the kind if perimeter weapon he needs. St. Louis could also opt for help in the secondary with LSU CB Morris Claiborne, and there are even rumblings Alabama RB Trent Richardson could be in play as a complement to Bradford.

3. Minnesota Vikings
Record: 3-13
Matt Kalil*, OT, USC
The Vikings just missed out on being able to cash in with the second overall pick, but with Baylor QB Robert Griffin III likely to be the pick there Minnesota is in a position to finally begin shoring up its offensive line with an elite prospect. Kalil is one of the top left tackles I have ever evaluated coming out of college, with a skill set equal to Joe Thomas and a mean streak to go with it.

4. Cleveland Browns
Record: 4-12
Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor
Again, this is a player/team match made under the assumption the Browns' considerable resources -- two first-round picks this year, likely a Day 2 pick this year or next -- will allow them to trade up and get Griffin. It will be interesting to see how things play out in free agency and how long Cleveland might bluff, but in the end the smart move is to go get Griffin and lock down the franchise quarterback the team has been looking for since it re-entered the league in 1999 and drafted Tim Couch first overall.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 4-12
Morris Claiborne*, CB, LSU
This could be a tough call for Tampa Bay, which would strongly consider taking Richardson in this scenario. However, Claiborne is also among the five elite talents in the 2012 class, and he plays a position of greater value with a longer shelf life. He's clearly the top cover corner on the board, and with Ronde Barber turning 37 before the draft and Aqib Talib carrying off-field baggage, Claiborne makes plenty of sense.

6. Washington Redskins
Record: 5-11
Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa
The Redskins will be in the RG3 derby, but if they don't trade up I would expect coach Mike Shanahan to have a veteran free-agent acquisition to work with at quarterback. That leaves them with no other perfect fits in terms of needs -- no wideout or guard worth this pick -- but Reiff would bring some flexibility to the offensive line by giving the staff the chance to slide him or current OTs Jammal Brown or Trent Williams inside.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars
Record: 5-11
Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
North Carolina DE Quinton Coples is more naturally talented, but he's inconsistent. Ingram has explosive quickness and power and he brings it on every down, and you know what you're getting with him. That fits the philosophy of the organization under general manager Gene Smith, who in the past has taken high-character, high-motor players like DT Tyson Alualu over more highly-rated prospects.

8. Miami Dolphins
Record: 6-10
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Miami is also going to be in the running for the second overall pick, and there is chatter about Manning or Matt Flynn landing with the Dolphins, but if quarterback is still a need on draft day Tannehill will get a long look here. He's not nearly as polished as the top two quarterbacks, but he has a lot of natural skills and all kinds if potential. And don't forget, Tannehill played under new Miami offensive coordinator Mike Sherman at Texas A&M.

9. Carolina Panthers
Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
The Panthers have big needs at wide receiver and corner, but with no worthy options at those positions, Coples becomes an attractive option. Coach Ron Rivera is looking to shore up the defensive front, and you can never have enough good pass-rushers. And because Coples is a top-five talent who should slip just a bit because of an inconsistent motor, he is almost a value pick at this point.

10. Buffalo Bills
Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama
This pick is a bit of a reach, but the Bills have a major need for an edge-rusher. Buffalo is switching to a 4-3 scheme but still wants to be flexible and multiple up front, and that's where Upshaw's value lies. He can put his hand in the dirt and get upfield after the quarterback, but he also has experience dropping into coverage and playing other roles. Shawne Merriman was a bust for the Bills last season, and they have to get someone who can put heat on the passer.

11. Kansas City Chiefs
Record: 7-9
Trent Richardson*, RB, Alabama
This is a best-athlete-available pick. The Chiefs have bigger holes along the interior offensive line and at nose tackle, but even though running back is a low priority in this scenario they can't pass on the chance to get one of the elite players on the board at No. 11 overall. Should they look elsewhere, Memphis DT Dontari Poe would be an option with his ability to shore up the defensive front.

12. Seattle Seahawks
Record: 7-9
Luke Kuechly*, ILB, Boston College
Linebacker is among the Seahawks' top needs, and Kuechly would immediately improve Seattle's linebacker corps with his instincts, consistency, production and leadership.

13. Arizona Cardinals
Record: 8-8
Jonathan Martin*, OT, Stanford
Another pick that seems like a reach, but offensive tackles always seem to go higher than expected because of positional value. I like Martin rather than Ohio State's Mike Adams at this point because of Martin's more consistent effort, and more than Georgia's Cordy Glenn because of Martin's potential to play left tackle. And that's exactly what the Cardinals need right now with contract extension talks with current LT Levi Brown falling apart.

14. Dallas Cowboys
Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
The secondary is clearly a weakness for Dallas, which has to target the best available defensive back at this point. Cowboys CB Terence Newman is entering his 10th season and Mike Jenkins -- the only corner Dallas drafted in the first three rounds of the last five drafts -- has not panned out. Janoris Jenkins has some character baggage, but he had a strong Senior Bowl week and is the top cover man on the board at this point.

15. Philadelphia Eagles
Dontari Poe*, DT, Memphis
Kuechly would be the pick if he were available, but the Eagles like drafting linemen early and Poe is the kind if unique, dynamic talent that makes it worth passing on bigger needs. With backups Trevor Laws and Derek Landri set to become free agents, Poe and his impressive physical skills and versatility would make sense in a rotation with Mike Patterson and Cullen Jenkins.