• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I feel like this has become the new sub-par draft for you, Deep. You state a position, but when you're challenged, you can't defend yourself. Incidentally, should we revisit the subpar draft discussion in light of this last season? McCloughan had four drafts. Those drafts produced:

Pro-Bowlers
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Patrick Willis
Joe Staley
Dashon Goldson

Starters
Alex Smith
Adam Snyder
Parys Haralson (last year, anyway)
Ray McDonald
Tarell Brown
Josh Morgan
David Baas (NYG)
Manny Lawson (CIN)
Michael Robinson (SEA)

Backups who Contribute
Reggie Smith
Larry Grant
Billy Bajema (STL)
Jason Hill (JAX/FA; was a starter for most of the season)

So in four drafts, McCloughan drafted 15 starters - all but one playing for playoff teams, and 13 of them playing for NFC Championship teams - five pro bowlers, and several above-average backups. That looks pretty good to me.

And remember that 2006 draft that I repeatedly brought up, and you repeatedly said was subpar because the Cowboys' '05 draft was better? Well, as of this past year, that draft included three pro bowlers (Willis, Staley, and Goldson) and two good starters (McDonald and Brown), in addition to the borderline starting caliber player who departed in Hill. Do you still think that draft was subpar? It looks to me like it stacks up very nicely against that "very good" Cowboys draft that netted five starters, three pro bowlers, and a borderline starting caliber player who departed.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis/Staley/Goldson was the 2007 draft Crimson.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Willis/Staley/Goldson was the 2007 draft Crimson.

Of course. That was either a typo or a mental error. Anyway, the 2007 Niners draft.

And to clarify, from what I've seen of Baalke to date, I'm quite glad we made the change. But I think McCloughan did a better job of getting talent than he gets credit for.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. That was either a typo or a mental error. Anyway, the 2007 Niners draft.

And to clarify, from what I've seen of Baalke to date, I'm quite glad we made the change. But I think McCloughan did a better job of getting talent than he gets credit for.

Agreed. Plus, I think Harbaugh and the coaches have a lot to do with how the players look today. Maybe McCloughan wouldn't have been fired if he had Harbaugh? Granted he was a drunk.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't like how he moved around the draft. i dont think mccloughan did a bad job, but those 2nd and 3rd rounders seemed to miss more often than not, when we kept them that is

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Plus, I think Harbaugh and the coaches have a lot to do with how the players look today. Maybe McCloughan wouldn't have been fired if he had Harbaugh? Granted he was a drunk.

and poking an intern

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be pretty mad if we drafted hill