• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hill is there at 25(Houston being 26) I would consider moving up if Houston is indeed interested in Hill.

I just don't want to see a TE in the first for us.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would also prefer either moving up or back to prevent taking a TE. If we can't swing a move for whatever reason, I'd go with Fleener over the other remaining WR's. Taking Reuben Randle over Fleener at that spot is a reach. In that scenario we would target a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. There's plenty of depth at that position in this year's draft to avoid a reach in the first.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a tough time seeing us take a TE because it seemed like the team is pretty happy with the Walker and Davis combo.

And I expect and I'm sure the team does also it will be much more potent next season than it was this previous one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a tough time seeing us take a TE because it seemed like the team is pretty happy with the Walker and Davis combo.

And I expect and I'm sure the team does also it will be much more potent next season than it was this previous one.

there's a SMALL possibility Fleener is the clear cut value come 30th? he'd be in accordance with the 49ers vision, not with everyone else.

under this scenario i'd go ahead and draft him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a SMALL possibility Fleener is the clear cut value come 30th? he'd be in accordance with the 49ers vision, not with everyone else.

under this scenario i'd go ahead and draft him.

Do you feel drafting a 3rd TE, projected a #2 guy, to be a wise decision in the first rd for our first pick?

(god help me if we moved up to draft a TE period! lol)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you feel drafting a 3rd TE, projected a #2 guy, to be a wise decision in the first rd for our first pick?

for me, the wise decision is a lot more towards value over need. not to say we ignore need, but i lean value. i'd take the clear value IF there was such a scenario come 30th? value could be RG, OLB, WR, etc. and if its clearly best value, i'd draft him.

if come 30th its 'equal', then go need.

for the specific case of TE......yes if you look at needs NOW it doesn't look wise, but drafting is for the next five years if not longer? he'd be #2 now but not much longer.

the idea is to keep accumulating maximum talent year over year. this as opposed to saying we need a receiver NOW, so we'll draft a WR regardless.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, the wise decision is a lot more towards value over need. not to say we ignore need, but i lean value. i'd take the clear value IF there was such a scenario come 30th? value could be RG, OLB, WR, etc. and if its clearly best value, i'd draft him.

if come 30th its 'equal', then go need.

for the specific case of TE......yes if you look at needs NOW it doesn't look wise, but drafting is for the next five years if not longer? he'd be #2 now but not much longer.

the idea is to keep accumulating maximum talent year over year. this as opposed to saying we need a receiver NOW, so we'll draft a WR regardless.

But it's a not a make or break moment to draft a TE this early when we clearly have an undisputed #1 and a solid(now forgotten by sum) #2 already. I understand the CBA is all re-worked but that's a lot of money putting into a #2 TE IIRC.

#2 now, next year, the year after. We have at least 3 years before we should consider Vernon's successor, so why draft(debate sake) successor that early now, rather than later?

In the end, I'll trust Baalke and Harbs with what they'll do, Baalke is 2 for 2 in my book thus far.

Realistically we could draft a very good #2 in the 2nd if one were present.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'd go with Fleener at #30 as BPA. With the 49ers running a 2/3 TE set almost all the time, he's a starter. He'll supplant Walker easily.

Walker is a good TE but he's not a red zone threat and he's not in the same category as Gronk/Graham. Fleener could be in the same category as Gronk/Graham and if he is, almost ANY team in the NFL could use him.

We'll be able to pick up a decent WR with our 3rd after one of them falls.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with Fleener at #30 as BPA. With the 49ers running a 2/3 TE set almost all the time, he's a starter. He'll supplant Walker easily.

Walker is a good TE but he's not a red zone threat and he's not in the same category as Gronk/Graham. Fleener could be in the same category as Gronk/Graham and if he is, almost ANY team in the NFL could use him.

Link?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone else said that same thing. Who caught the winning TD at Detroit this past year?

Am I missing something?

Davis has been a good red zone threat for us towards the end of the season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why the hell are you comparing Walker to Gronk and Graham? He's our #2 TE. Not only are you comparing him to #1 TEs, but arguably the top two in the league. Compare Davis to Gronk and Graham.

Who's the Giants' #2 TE?

Who's the Saints' #2 TE?

Who's the Packers' #2 TE?

Who's the Steelers' #2 TE?

Aside from the Pats, who has a better TE duo than we do?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Pats had two stud TEs does not mean every other team in the league needs to.

They have two TEs that caught a lot of balls because they have no WRs, outside of Welker, that can play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If we envision Davis and Fleener both cracking, say, 900 yards receiving and 5 TDs, I've got no major problem going in that direction. Fleener might offer more value than WR at that spot. I'm not sure how likely that is in our offense, though. My strong preference would be to look elsewhere, but I could live with the pick.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But it's a not a make or break moment to draft a TE this early when we clearly have an undisputed #1 and a solid(now forgotten by sum) #2 already. I understand the CBA is all re-worked but that's a lot of money putting into a #2 TE IIRC.

#2 now, next year, the year after. We have at least 3 years before we should consider Vernon's successor, so why draft(debate sake) successor that early now, rather than later?

In the end, I'll trust Baalke and Harbs with what they'll do, Baalke is 2 for 2 in my book thus far.

Realistically we could draft a very good #2 in the 2nd if one were present.

i can only go with Baalke too, so yeah we'll see?

i'm not pushing for a TE, i'm pushing for value. you have to keep accumulating the most talent you can year over year. just saying as an example...........IF it turns out TE is the clear value, i'd do it.

again, if you look at the NOW, of course it doesn't look good from a need standpoint. but needs change quickly year to year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone else said that same thing. Who caught the winning TD at Detroit this past year?

Am I missing something?

Davis has been a good red zone threat for us towards the end of the season.

Walker caught one TD against Detroit and he's a red zone threat? i guess any receiver is a red zone threat, some more than others.

Vernon Davis is a good overall TE, but he's not an elite receiving TE. whereas isn't Fleener more a WR than a TE? i'm not pushing for TE but if we added Fleener, project his career and not 2012.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Davis did say that both he and Walker had their issues digesting the playbook and everything asked of them. I bring that up because I believe that both Davis and Walker will be more effective in the passing game this upcoming season with everyone being more comfortable with the playbook.

Also what we're failing to look at is part of the reason we didn't see a more dynamic duo of TEs and we asked them to block quite a bit because or offensive line wasn't exactly the best group in the league in that department.

Fleener would just be a waste at 30th even if he's the BPA. I would rather reach on a need than use a 1st round pick on what amounts to a 2nd or 3rd TE on your team. And I have a tough time believing that at 30 Fleener is going to be heads and shoulders above all the other positions.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we envision Davis and Fleener both cracking, say, 900 yards receiving and 5 TDs, I've got no major problem going in that direction. Fleener might offer more value than WR at that spot. I'm not sure how likely that is in our offense, though. My strong preference would be to look elsewhere, but I could live with the pick.

I agree. If Fleener were to have a season like that within two years then it's the right move. And in the Walter mock we pick up Streeter in the 3rd, which hits our big speed WR, just not in the "prestigous" first round.

To me, if we are sitting at 30, and nobody wants to trade, and Fleener is the remaining 1st round graded prospect, why not go for it? If they feel Gilmore is there and he's a higher grade, then pick him (regardless of Rogers outcome).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis did say that both he and Walker had their issues digesting the playbook and everything asked of them. I bring that up because I believe that both Davis and Walker will be more effective in the passing game this upcoming season with everyone being more comfortable with the playbook.

Also what we're failing to look at is part of the reason we didn't see a more dynamic duo of TEs and we asked them to block quite a bit because or offensive line wasn't exactly the best group in the league in that department.

Fleener would just be a waste at 30th even if he's the BPA. I would rather reach on a need than use a 1st round pick on what amounts to a 2nd or 3rd TE on your team. And I have a tough time believing that at 30 Fleener is going to be heads and shoulders above all the other positions.

yeah ok, even in my limited draft knowledge, seems a SMALL possibility Fleener is clear value at 30th.

but can't agree with "Fleener would just be a waste at 30th even if he's the BPA. I would rather reach on a need than use a 1st round pick on what amounts to a 2nd or 3rd TE on your team."

again, the reason you think this is because you're only looking at 2012. you're NOT looking at what he would become over his career, a Gronkowski or Graham type weapon.