• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow he has Alshon Jeffery at 7 to Jax and Blackmon going 9 to Carolina?

Maybe I'm just tired and read that one wrong.

I had to scroll up twice just to make sure. I would think Jeffery would fall behind Blackmon, Wright, and Floyd. That would be a reach for the Jaguars.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow he has Alshon Jeffery at 7 to Jax and Blackmon going 9 to Carolina?

Maybe I'm just tired and read that one wrong.

No, you read it right. The guy that wrote that mock loves Jeffery. Hard to see that scenario unfolding though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, you read it right. The guy that wrote that mock loves Jeffery. Hard to see that scenario unfolding though.

What if Jeffery times better? In terms of him running a faster 40 AND 3-cone drill than Blacmon. Anything is possible this is why this weekend is a such a big weekend for us all following the draft. All the mocks prior to the combine are somewhat irrelevant.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What if Jeffery times better? In terms of him running a faster 40 AND 3-cone drill than Blacmon. Anything is possible this is why this weekend is a such a big weekend for us all following the draft. All the mocks prior to the combine are somewhat irrelevant.

Yea but all the mocks before the combine are largely based on how these guys produced in college and how it projects to the pros.

It's not without merit Blackmon is a top 5 pick and Jeffery is a bottom of the 1st in most mocks.

I certainly think Jeffery can help himself with great times at the combine just like Julio Jones did last year but even with that said despite having better numbers than Green he still was drafted after him and I can't see Jeffery leapfrogging Blackmon even if he does have better combine times.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just don't see jeffrey going until after 3 other wr's are drafted. if he comes up with some good times, he might slip into the bottom of the 1st, otherwise i wouldn't be surprised to see him still there in the early 3rd

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its possible- I mean DHB went ahead of Crabtree in the 09' draft. No one saw that coming.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its possible- I mean DHB went ahead of Crabtree in the 09' draft. No one saw that coming.

But a lot of us didn't want Crabtree either. DHB actually got a lot of talk from us on the old 49er board, but more due to the fact that some thought he held good value at the end of the first. He jumped all the way up to be the number 1 receiver taken, but there wasn't a Justin Blackmon in that draft class. While a lot of us liked Nicks and Britt, they weren't considered to be on the level that Blackmon is right now (at that time).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But a lot of us didn't want Crabtree either. DHB actually got a lot of talk from us on the old 49er board, but more due to the fact that some thought he held good value at the end of the first. He jumped all the way up to be the number 1 receiver taken, but there wasn't a Justin Blackmon in that draft class. While a lot of us liked Nicks and Britt, they weren't considered to be on the level that Blackmon is right now (at that time).

Honestly, hypothetically speaking if he (Blackmon) was in the 2009 draft class, he would have been ranked #4 or #5 on my WR ranking:

1.) Percy Harvin
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Darrius Heyward-Bey
4.) Justin Blackmon
5.) Jeremy Maclin
6.) Hakeem Nicks
7.) Mike Wallace

I like Blackmon, but to me he is not a must grab - top ten type draft pick spending type of prospect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eagles in on the No. 2 pick?
2:06PM ET
Philadelphia Eagles

UPDATE: Within his Monday mailbag column, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter checks in with his thoughts on which team is the front-runner to acquire the No. 2 pick (find his take at the bottom of the post).

---

If we're just thinking about draft picks as potential trade fodder for the St. Louis Rams' No. 2 overall pick -- and, likely, the rights to Robert Griffin III -- the Cleveland Browns have the best potential package to piece together, based upon the fact that they have the No. 4 overall pick and an additional first-rounder (No. 22) this year. But if teams are willing to part with players in addition to picks, that brings other teams more heavily into the mix.

Which brings us to the Philadelphia Eagles. In a column on Monday, Phil Sheridan of the Philadelphia Inquirer believes that we should not rule out Andy Reid and his henchmen making a bold move to jump up to No. 2 after what's been reported as a positive meeting with RG3 this past Thursday. The guaranteed portion of Michael Vick's alleged $100 million deal will have been paid out following 2012, so finding a successor is something about which the team may be thinking this offseason. In a post on Philly.com, Sheil Kapadia explores the package of picks and/or players with which the Eagles would need to part in order to get this deal done.

As Kapadia notes, Philly currently has CB Asante Samuel under contract -- and possibly on the trading block -- and is expected to use the franchise tag on WR DeSean Jackson before potentially trading him as well. Two big needs for the Rams this offseason? Cornerback and wide receiver.

Griffin's performance at the combine this weekend will potentially increase the vigor with which teams will be attempting to trade up for that No. 2 pick; the Rams may be deciding between players like Samuel and Jackson that can contribute right away against those extra picks.

- Tim Kavanagh

Adam Schefter
Cleveland remains the team to beat

"It has more ammunition than any other team and has the easiest, surest route from No. 4 to No. 2. It can trade both its No. 1 picks -- its own and the one it got last year from the Falcons -- in addition to other goodies to get to No. 2. No other team can make that deal as easily as Cleveland. But if the Browns balk, then the Redskins, Dolphins, Chiefs or some sleeper team could figure out a way to jump up to No. 2. The fact that Griffin is such an impressive prospect, and the fact that so many teams will be interested just means that one way or another St. Louis is likely to get its price from the team that decides to pull the trigger and roll the dice on the biggest move in the 2012 draft."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh's thoughts at No. 30
8:33 AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh has a soft spot for his former charges from Stanford, and during his tenure with the Niners has used four of his eight practice-squad slots on players he'd coached collegiately, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. Stanford's prized draft prospect, Andrew Luck, will not be wearing a 49ers jersey next season, but that doesn't mean that Harbaugh and friends won't be targeting one of Luck's teammates with their first-round pick (No. 30 overall).

Branch writes that Stanford TE Coby Fleener could be a match for San Francisco: he plays a position that Harbaugh loves, he's been projected as a late first-rounder and of course, there's the aforementioned love for Stanford guys.

Whether or not the Niners land Fleener, there's another Stanford product -- at a position of great need -- who might make sense in the later rounds: WR Chris Owusu. Here's Todd McShay of Scouts, Inc. on Owusu's productive Sunday at the combine:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Todd McShay
An all-around top performer

"If [Georgia Tech's Stephen] Hill hadn't owned the day, there would have been a lot more talk about Stanford WR Chris Owusu's performance. Owusu was in the top 10 in the five major tests, including tying Hill and Miami's Travis Benjamin for the top 40 at 4.36. He also posted a 4.11 short shuttle, 6.85 three-cone, 40½ vertical and 10-9 broad jump. During drills Owusu showed good pop out of cuts, and while he could have displayed better body control with his routes, nearly falling on one occasion, he showed reliable hands and caught most throws he could get both hands on. Coming into the year we gave Owusu a late-fourth-round grade based off of 2010 game tape study, and while a workout like his would ordinarily give a prospect a chance to improve his stock, Owusu's fortunes are tied to his medical reports. He's suffered the concussions in the last 13 months, including two last season, and with head injuries becoming a major focus in the NFL poor results from his physical could cause teams to shy away or even take Owusu off their board completely."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jets' options at No. 16
7:43AM ET
New York Jets

With the controversy involving some anonymous New York Jets telling a reporter that they would prefer Peyton Manning over Mark Sanchez seemingly in the rear-view mirror, the focus in recent times has been on how the club will improve its chances to contend for the Super Bowl in 2012. There are some solid pieces in place, but some glaring holes as well.

The draft is one way to add components to an NFL team's roster, and there's been much speculation as to what the team will do with its first-round pick (No. 16 overall). Address one of those glaring needs -- wide receiver, right tackle, OLB -- or go with best player available? Within a post on Sunday, Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com explored five options for the team at those positions.

If they elect to go with a WR, two options with that pick -- depending on what happens ahead of them -- are Notre Dame's Michael Floyd and Baylor's Kendall Wright. Floyd electrified the scouting combine with his 4.47 in the 40-yard dash (thereby possibly improving his stock) while Wright ran just a 4.61 (weakening his). If Justin Blackmon comes off the board within the first few picks (as some are projecting), the availability of all the non-Blackmon WRs may come down to whether the Jacksonville Jaguars use their first pick (No. 7) on one of them. Aside from the Jags, the rest of the teams above the Jets have pressing needs at other positions.

A potential OLB selection for the Jets -- if the 15 picks ahead of them line up a certain way -- is South Carolina's Melvin Ingram. Ingram has reportedly shed 12 pounds since the Senior Bowl, and has been working with Denver Broncos dynamo Von Miller in his draft prep. As for the RT pick, Oklahoma's Cordy Glenn -- a 6-foot-6, 345-pounder -- ran a 4.93 in the 40, and could definitely be an option to seal up that side of the O-line after there were some issues there for the club in 2011.

- Tim Kavanagh

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh's thoughts at No. 30
8:33 AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh has a soft spot for his former charges from Stanford, and during his tenure with the Niners has used four of his eight practice-squad slots on players he'd coached collegiately, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. Stanford's prized draft prospect, Andrew Luck, will not be wearing a 49ers jersey next season, but that doesn't mean that Harbaugh and friends won't be targeting one of Luck's teammates with their first-round pick (No. 30 overall).

Branch writes that Stanford TE Coby Fleener could be a match for San Francisco: he plays a position that Harbaugh loves, he's been projected as a late first-rounder and of course, there's the aforementioned love for Stanford guys.

Whether or not the Niners land Fleener, there's another Stanford product -- at a position of great need -- who might make sense in the later rounds: WR Chris Owusu. Here's Todd McShay of Scouts, Inc. on Owusu's productive Sunday at the combine:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Todd McShay
An all-around top performer

"If [Georgia Tech's Stephen] Hill hadn't owned the day, there would have been a lot more talk about Stanford WR Chris Owusu's performance. Owusu was in the top 10 in the five major tests, including tying Hill and Miami's Travis Benjamin for the top 40 at 4.36. He also posted a 4.11 short shuttle, 6.85 three-cone, 40½ vertical and 10-9 broad jump. During drills Owusu showed good pop out of cuts, and while he could have displayed better body control with his routes, nearly falling on one occasion, he showed reliable hands and caught most throws he could get both hands on. Coming into the year we gave Owusu a late-fourth-round grade based off of 2010 game tape study, and while a workout like his would ordinarily give a prospect a chance to improve his stock, Owusu's fortunes are tied to his medical reports. He's suffered the concussions in the last 13 months, including two last season, and with head injuries becoming a major focus in the NFL poor results from his physical could cause teams to shy away or even take Owusu off their board completely."

No thanks! I seen him drop way too many "on the money" passes from Luck.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, hypothetically speaking if he (Blackmon) was in the 2009 draft class, he would have been ranked #4 or #5 on my WR ranking:

1.) Percy Harvin
2.) Michael Crabtree
3.) Darrius Heyward-Bey
4.) Justin Blackmon
5.) Jeremy Maclin
6.) Hakeem Nicks
7.) Mike Wallace

I like Blackmon, but to me he is not a must grab - top ten type draft pick spending type of prospect.

Mine would have been a little different.

I had it:

Nicks
Britt
Crabtree
DHB
Havin
Maclin

I would of had Blackmon over all of those guys.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated post combine Walter Football mock:

2012 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Poe all the way up to #9 to the Panthers. Hill to the Texans. Johnson and Hill would be a handful to cover. Chargers get a steal with Perry. Niners select Fleener. It's okay, but maybe Niners trade down and pick Randle and get an extra pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Walter posts on these boards...

I would be initially upset with Fleener as our first pick with certain guys off the board but damn... i don't this multiple TE excuse.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poe all the way up to #9 to the Panthers. Hill to the Texans. Johnson and Hill would be a handful to cover. Chargers get a steal with Perry. Niners select Fleener. It's okay, but maybe Niners trade down and pick Randle and get an extra pick.

Agreed on all accounts. Poe made some serious dough with his combine performance. I'm not super high on Fleener (with VD and Delanie already at TD), but would be ok with the pick depending on what the board looks like at that point.