• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BINGO;1738779 [SIZE="5" said:
30.[/SIZE] San Francisco 49ers
Record: 13-3
Stephen Hill*, WR, Georgia Tech
This is a big high for a raw prospect like Hill, but with the Patriots and so many other teams looking for size and the ability to stretch the field, it won't surprise me to see him off the board this early. Hill (6-4, 215) showed flashes of his big-play ability in 2011 (28 catches, 820 yards), and he had one of the best combine workouts I've ever seen from a wide receiver. The 49ers have a bigger need at cornerback, but with Josh Morgan and Ted Ginn headed for free agency, they could be left with Michael Crabtree and a whole lot of nothing at receiver when draft day rolls around.

I'd absolutely love this scenario..

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hill is on the board and we go OG? Fuck that!

I don't like our picks at all. Maybe it seems like it's only me but I am not all that impress with Sanu. But Ray, I'm assuming that management believe that a combination of Moss/Crabtree is enough in itself to go into 2012 without spending a 1st round pick on that position.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone seen Donnie Fletcher play? he's a CB from Boston College and what looks to be a 4 year starter.. 11 int's and pass breakups spread throughout his career and over 175 tackles as well. good size at 6'1 and 195, ran a 4.5 flat.. just rummaging through NFLdraftcountdown.com website and I like there position by position breakdown and felt he was a good size/speed combo guy with decent stats. Anyone have any thoughts on him as a prospect?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like our picks at all. Maybe it seems like it's only me but I am not all that impress with Sanu. But Ray, I'm assuming that management believe that a combination of Moss/Crabtree is enough in itself to go into 2012 without spending a 1st round pick on that position.

What about Hill and Crabtree?

Hill could make/break games for us.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone seen Donnie Fletcher play? he's a CB from Boston College and what looks to be a 4 year starter.. 11 int's and pass breakups spread throughout his career and over 175 tackles as well. good size at 6'1 and 195, ran a 4.5 flat.. just rummaging through NFLdraftcountdown.com website and I like there position by position breakdown and felt he was a good size/speed combo guy with decent stats. Anyone have any thoughts on him as a prospect?

I do not know much about him, despite the fact that I watch a lot of ACC football. Is he related to Jamar Fletcher? Jamar has got to be one of my favorite CBs to enter the draft in the last 15years. Too bad he didn't develop to be the stud I thought he'd be.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about Hill and Crabtree?

Hill could make/break games for us.

Before the combine I said Hill was the most underrated receiver in the draft (research it, I made a post to a question someone had asked). Now it seems like Hill has become the most overrated receiver in the entire draft. Fans are treating Hill as if he's in the same class as Calvin Johnson in terms of type of prospect they are at this stage of their lives.

I'm not saying Hill will be a bust, but we are putting way too much expectations on the kid. I think we should give him as much love as we gave Deymarius Thomas two years ago. A raw guy with lots of upside.

To answer your question, I'd be okay with Hill at 30. But I don't expect a big bang type of production in his first year. I just don't. If people think Alex and Moss would be a bad combo, then you should be as equally worried if not more worried at a Alex/Hill combo in 2012.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the combine I said Hill was the most underrated receiver in the draft (research it, I made a post to a question someone had asked). Now it seems like Hill has become the most overrated receiver in the entire draft. Fans are treating Hill as if he's in the same class as Calvin Johnson in terms of type of prospect they are at this stage of their lives.

I'm not saying Hill will be a bust, but we are putting way too much expectations on the kid. I think we should give him as much love as we gave Deymarius Thomas two years ago. A raw guy with lots of upside.

To answer your question, I'd be okay with Hill at 30. But I don't expect a big bang type of production in his first year. I just don't. If people think Alex and Moss would be a bad combo, then you should be as equally worried if not more worried at a Alex/Hill combo in 2012.

Later first round is DThom kind of love. Nobody is touting trading up into the teens for him. We have the 30th pick. Perfect spot for him and lower than where Thomas was drafted.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Later first round is DThom kind of love. Nobody is touting trading up into the teens for him. We have the 30th pick. Perfect spot for him and lower than where Thomas was drafted.

In terms of draft selection yes. But in terms of production as a rookie no (they expect Anquan Boldin type rookie season #s). I'm sensing from most fans that Hill needs come out and blow sh8t up in 2012. A fair comparison is DThom's rookie numbers, 22 catches for 283 yards, 2tds. That's what I expect from Hill - even as a healthy player who is on our weekly/gameday active roster.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i'd love to see that production from a rookie in this offensive system.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First Draft: 3/14
Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr. break down the players that fill out the team needs for picks 6 through 10 of the upcoming NFL draft.
First Draft: 3/14 - ESPN

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More buzz on pick No. 14
8:54 AM ET
Dallas Cowboys

The Dallas Cowboys did a bit more shuffling of the offensive line this weekend, signing Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau while releasing Kyle Kosier. All these moves have made us thirsty for a cool, refreshing draft rumor, and Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram has delivered:

"The Cowboys likely will target Stanford guard David DeCastro with the 14th overall pick in the draft in hopes of pairing him with left tackle Tyron Smith, the 2011 top pick, for years to come."

It's not a new idea; in fact, once it became clear that the 'Boys were out on the Carl Nicks bidding (and subsequently the market for Ben Grubbs), this thought was only strengthened in the minds of many. And if Dallas is set on targeting an offensive player in Round 1, using that pick on an O-lineman makes the most sense, since their corps of skill position players stacks up well against any team in the league.

- Tim Kavanagh​

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Fletcher Cox worthy?

He's worthy to be a top 20 pick. But with Smith and McDonald playing some well, I don't see a dire need to draft an end now. Still, drafting him could pay dividends for us down the road in the future. However, this year seems to have more than a handfull of players that can play the end for us (Kendal Reyes, Brockers, Wolfe, Markus Kuhn in the late rounds, etc.) This is why in the previous scenario I would prefer taking Jenkins in the first, Wolfe in the 2nd, a guard/wr in the 3rd, a guard/wr in the 4th.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3