• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that. So basically he was 6'4 180lbls in the SEC. No way!!

I believe it. He was a twig. His arms and legs were very skinny. I haven't seen him at the combine yet. Look forward to it though.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, here are a few players the Niners can kiss goodbye without a trade up IMO:

Tyler Eifert. He's going to go in the top 25 IMO.
Jonathan Cooper. And this one makes me extremely sad & also tempted to trade up.
Ezekiel Ansah. 6'5, 271 & huge arms; he'd have to tear an ACL running the 40 to drop to 31 IMO. I wouldn't trade up for him though; too big of a risk IMO.

Some players who might be within reach (either with a trade up or not):

Jarvis Jones. Teams are worried about his neck. Could you imagine the Niners' pass-rush with him on the team? Keep him as a situational pass-rusher. I'd be all for it.

Keenan Allen. Not running at the combine is going to hurt him a lot.

Zach Ertz. Mid 2nd round now IMO. Maybe early 3rd. Not that interested, but if Walker leaves the Niners will need another TE.

You're so funny! You put waaaayyy too much stock in the combine.

First off, everyone knew Eifert was the more athletic te, also the less tough te.

Second, he didn't kill him, he just tested more athletic, something that was already known.

Ertz is a better fit for the Niners' power running game, he's still a red zone target that has proved to make clutch grabs in game situations.

There is no way that Ertz gets out of the 2nd round, I hope that we'll be able to trade waaaayyyy up in the 2nd to draft him.

I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him in the 1st either, he'd be a starter. I'm sure we'd start two te's and dominate with the ability to run power, as well as have 4 threats out there to catch a pass ( two te's, 2 wr's and one back or two te's, 1 wr, hb and fb).

**Side note: I wouldn't be mad at Eifert either. I think he's very good, I just think Ertz is a better fit. If the guys that get paid to evaluate felt Eifet was a better fit and were able to draft him, I would not complain.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're so funny! You put waaaayyy too much stock in the combine.

I'd say I put just about the right amount of stock in the combine.

First off, everyone knew Eifert was the more athletic te, also the less tough te.

That's just simply not true. More people than not were predicting Ertz to have a better combine. But Eifert won in arm length, both leaps, 40, shuttles & 3cone, and their bench press was about the same despite Eifert having longer arms by an inch and a half. And I'm not convinced Ertz is more tough; he's just used as a blocker more.

Second, he didn't kill him, he just tested more athletic, something that was already known.

Wasn't known, and he has longer arms & 5 inches on the vertical. At least as a red zone threat, Eifert's potential kills Ertz'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Joseph Fauria didn't participate at the combine. That certainly didn't help him. He could be a decent fit if the Niners don'r re-sign Walker.

How high / low is he gonna go? 4th round? 5th?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan: Multiple execs I spoke to in Indy suggested the Chiefs are seeking move out from the #1 overall spot regardless if they acquire a QB (Foles, A. Smith) or not.

Wouldn't automatically assume this means they are desperate or really wanting to get out of the top spot. Could have more to do with due diligence than anything.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
draft speculation is good stuff, everyone has an opinion so thats what fans do.

no one named Aldon Smith as our 1st round pick, nor AJ Jenkins, so we'll probably pick someone no one thought hard of?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mayock: Over-under is two QBs in the first-rd

The NFL Network's Mike Mayock said the over-under is on two QBs being selected in the first-round.

He lists Geno Smith and Matt Barkley as the two most likely selections, with a chance of a third sneaking in. "We're all off Barkley right now because he kind of disappeared this week," Mayock said. "But when it's all said and done, people go back and watch his junior tape and put him up on the board and see what kind of football mind he has, he'll end up somewhere in the first round. If history tells us anything lately, it's that somebody else is going to rise."
Source: Sports Illustrated

Feb 25 - 8:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sick's boy:

Report: LSU coaches are slamming Montgomery

Draft insider Tony Pauline is hearing that LSU coaches are "slamming" DE Sam Montgomery during interviews.

"Montgomery’s attitude and personality did not sat well with a number of his former teammates or coaches," according to Pauline. Montgomery admitted to taking plays and games off during a Combine interview, and even his on-field play indicates a second or third day prospect.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 25 - 8:24 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft speculation is good stuff, everyone has an opinion so thats what fans do.

no one named Aldon Smith as our 1st round pick, nor AJ Jenkins, so we'll probably pick someone no one thought hard of?

Hopefully not another Balmer.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star Lotulelei - DL - Player

Utah DT Star Lotulelei (heart) has been informed he can continue to work out on his own, and the "hope" is he's dealing with dehydration instead of a heart issue.
A source told USA Today Lotulelei's heart issue may be the result of "too much sodium in his diet or rapid weight loss in a short timeframe that prompted tests to reveal his heart wasn't pumping at full capacity." Thanks to a "hectic schedule," Lotulelei reportedly lost nearly 10 pounds in three days last week. Lotulelei's Combine physical wasn't considered "failed," but "incomplete" pending the results of more tests. It's possible, perhaps likely, Lotulelei's health scare will end up much ado about nothing.
Source: USA Today
Feb 25 - 12:36 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Player

ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson considers Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson a "dark horse possibility" for the Chargers at No. 11 overall.
Patterson would add a beastly playmaking element to San Diego's offense. We're just not sure he's going to be available at No. 11, and whether he'd be a smart pick. The Chargers are desperate for functional offensive line play, and they're drafting behind the receiver-needy Bills (No. 8) and Jets (No. 9).
Related: Chargers
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 25 - 11:58 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Jennings - WR - Packers

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is not a "huge fan" of free agent Greg Jennings as a player.
Jennings has openly flirted with the Dolphins, but the interest apparently isn't mutual. That doesn't mean the Dolphins won't go over Philbin's head if they strike out on Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe, but it appears one of Jennings' most likely suitors won't be there to goose his market. According to an AFC personnel executive, Jennings would command only $7-9 million per year in free agency, and "has to be careful about pricing himself out of the market."
Related: Dolphins
Source: Bob McGinn on Twitter
Feb 25 - 8:19 AM

Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Greg Jennings - WR - Packers

One AFC executive estimated that free agent Greg Jennings would command only $7-9 million per year on the open market.
A source told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that retaining Jennings is a "50-50" proposition for the Packers, and it'd cost them a $10-plus million tag. "I can’t see a team wanting to marry itself to him long-term," the personnel man said. "Solid-starter type. I don’t see him in that bona-fide feature role."
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Feb 25 - 1:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Buchanan - DL - Fighting Illini Illinois

DE Michael Buchanan ran an official 4.78 forty at the NFL Combine.

Buchanan also recorded a 1.59 10 yard split. Buchanan was a highly rated player heading into the 2012 season but vanished during many games. He has talent, but Buchanan likely projects as a pass rushing outside linebacker.

Feb 25 - 12:35 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick's boy:

Report: LSU coaches are slamming Montgomery

Draft insider Tony Pauline is hearing that LSU coaches are "slamming" DE Sam Montgomery during interviews.

"Montgomery’s attitude and personality did not sat well with a number of his former teammates or coaches," according to Pauline. Montgomery admitted to taking plays and games off during a Combine interview, and even his on-field play indicates a second or third day prospect.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Feb 25 - 8:24 AM

For the record, I don't want Montgomery on the Niners. I think he's more of a 4-3 LDE than an OLB. I just think he out-played Mingo against better tackles the last couple of seasons.

Speaking of Mingo, he would have to put on some weight to excel in a 3-4 IMO, and I never ever ever ever ever like it when college players come into the NFL and intentionally put on weight. Injuries tend to happen when they do that.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If "gay" is slang for overrated, then yes he is.

I don't think he is overrated. No one is talking about him like he is a top 10 pick or anything. The fact is, he is a smart and instinctive LB, he just isn't a good athlete. At this point I don't see him being taken in the 1st though, he'll be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, which is about where he should be IMO.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People have been talking about him as a top 20 pick though. Not any more.

Kiper even said he'd be the first player taken at one point. Ha!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been talking about him as a top 20 pick though. Not any more.

Kiper even said he'd be the first player taken at one point. Ha!

That was before he crapped out at the combine. This guy had questions about his athletic ability and needed to come in an prove those things wrong, he came in and really laid an egg and I really think that hurt him. If he comes in and runs a 4.6 and does well in the other drills then I say he is a top 15 - 20 pick.