• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gio Bernard, Le'Veon Bell, Akeem Spense (DT Illinois) and Jawan Jamison (RB, Rutgers) are probably also "expected to enter". Unless the expected section is only players who have already stated they're entering the draft.

I usually don't put it on the list that they're expected to declare unless I hear it from a credible source.

Not saying you're wrong in either case, just saying.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why do you say that?

Barkley 1st overall? No.

Werner is a great prospect, and I've been all over him since last offseason. But 6th overall?

William freeking Gholston at 13??? Ahead of Star Lotulelei?

Woods at 16? Ahead of Demontre Moore? Wow.

Hankins should be higher. Da'Rick Rodgers should be lower. Ogletree should be higher.

It's just not a good job at all IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barkley 1st overall? No.

Werner is a great prospect, and I've been all over him since last offseason. But 6th overall?

William freeking Gholston at 13??? Ahead of Star Lotulelei?

Woods at 16? Ahead of Demontre Moore? Wow.

Hankins should be higher. Da'Rick Rodgers should be lower. Ogletree should be higher.

It's just not a good job at all IMO.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. That was my way of trying to see your current assessment of players. What's your take on Patterson and Hunter?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wasn't disagreeing with you. That was my way of trying to see your current assessment of players. What's your take on Patterson and Hunter?

I always reserve the right to change my mind after the combine (especially with WRs & CBs), but I expect Hunter should challenge for the 1st WR taken. Patterson? I don't know. Haven't decided about him. If I had to say right now, I think I'd put him in the early 30's.

I've probably been the biggest Keenan Allen fan on this forum since last year, and I've said he's much better than Woods the whole time. He & Hunter are neck & neck for me.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always reserve the right to change my mind after the combine (especially with WRs & CBs), but I expect Hunter should challenge for the 1st WR taken. Patterson? I don't know. Haven't decided about him. If I had to say right now, I think I'd put him in the early 30's.

I've probably been the biggest Keenan Allen fan on this forum since last year, and I've said he's much better than Woods the whole time. He & Hunter are neck & neck for me.

Fair enough. I agree with your early assessment of the wrs. With the exception of Patterson being so low on your radar. I don't think Hunter has "it". Kid has all the tools to be a potent #1, but for some unknown reason he just doesn't dominate. It is sad to say when taking into consideration that his ex teammate Rogers and current teammate in Patterson has been killing people in that same exact offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog
Assessing Marcus Lattimore's decision
December, 10, 2012 3:25PM ET
By Todd McShay and Kevin Weidl

South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore is expected to announce later this week his intention to enter the 2013 NFL draft, and it's the right decision despite the gruesome knee injury he suffered in late October that resulted in extensive damage to the anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his right knee.

Marcus Lattimore's skill set is impressive, but major knee injuries make his draft stock uncertain.

It makes sense for Lattimore to get paid to rehabilitate his knee and do so under the care of NFL doctors. The injury he suffered against Tennessee is severe and the time frame for a full recovery is up in the air, but he seems unlikely to play until 2014 so Lattimore might as well take advantage of the resources an NFL team has to offer in the meantime.

As for his draft stock, Lattimore began the season with a first-round grade and was the top-rated running back on our board. This injury is likely to cost him a couple of rounds, but when healthy he shows good patience, instincts, vision and balance, and brings versatility in the passing game. Lattimore has a good feel for routes out of the backfield, natural hands to secure the ball and the ability to quickly transition upfield.

He also showed good stamina despite his physical style, was able to make defenders miss in space and also pushed the pile when necessary. Lattimore didn't grade out as an elite prospect on the level of Adrian Peterson or Trent Richardson, but there is plenty to like about his game when he's fully healthy.

However, we saw him live three times in 2012, and he was clearly affected early in the season by the injury to his left knee. Lattimore did not accelerate as quickly as before the injury, his lateral agility/quickness were a step behind and he seemed hesitant to make sudden cuts early on.

He did improve as the season progressed and his lateral movements got better, but his suddenness and explosiveness out of cuts remained a concern even as he continued to get closer to 100 percent. Lattimore was more explosive in that Tennessee game than at any previous time during the season, though, especially on his 28-yard touchdown run in the second quarter.

Still, there are too many unknowns about his rehab and recovery to make a definitive statement about his stock at this point. Doctors will play a big role on where Lattimore is eventually slotted, and some teams will take him off their boards entirely.

Players like Peterson, Jamaal Charles and Willis McGahee have shown that backs can thrive in the NFL after serious knee injuries, but Lattimore took time to heal fully after his first injury and we have no way of knowing when or if he will get back to full strength this time around.

He proved his intense work ethic by coming back so quickly from his previous knee injury and that carries weight as teams make their risk assessments. However, this is his second major knee injury, running backs have short NFL shelf lives to begin with and the position is simply not as valuable to most teams as it once was.

Based on what we know right now the third round seems to be the best-case scenario for Lattimore, and he could very well end up falling into Day 3 depending on the medical reports. We still think he's making the right decision, but Lattimore has a lot of hard work ahead to maximize his standing before draft weekend rolls around.

Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog
WR Dobson leads early bowl standouts
December, 10, 2012 4:13PM ET
By Kevin Weidl

With the college football regular season over, we at Scouts Inc. are diving headlong into film study for bowl matchups. For the earlier games that means watching programs that don't have huge national profiles, but it also means getting looks at NFL prospects who've flown under the radar a bit.

Four players in particular have stood out to me in recent days, including a trio of offensive skill players and an underrated cornerback. All have a chance to create some buzz in the coming weeks and solidify their draft stock.

Aaron Dobson's ball skills are one of his biggest assets.

Marshall WR Aaron Dobson(Grade: 81)
Dobson missed two games late in the season with a slight MCL tear and his production was down as a result, but there is still plenty to like about his tape.

He's a big receiver (6-foot-3⅛, 200 pounds) with good athleticism, and shows the ability to stretch the field and win jump balls against defensive backs. His late-season touchdown against East Carolina is a perfect example.

Dobson needs some polish as a route-runner, but he drops his weight well for a bigger receiver and has adequate burst out of his breaks. He's also a former standout basketball player, which shows up in his agility and hand-eye coordination.

Assuming his knee checks out, Dobson has a chance to make some noise at the Senior Bowl with his natural hands and wide catching radius, and could secure a second-round grade by the time April rolls around.

Utah State CB Will Davis (Grade: 71)
We recently moved Davis into the third-round mix after film study, and his matchup with Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton is one of the reasons.

Davis (5-11¼, 192) showed clean movement skills in that game, turning his hips fluidly to turn and run and flashing anticipation skills when stepping in front of a skinny post route for an interception. He also recovered and got in good position to play deep balls on more than one occasion.

Davis needs work on his technique, including using his hands in press coverage, and he can get caught flat-footed at times. However, he had an interception in each of the last five games of the regular season and has all the physical tools you look for in a cornerback. Davis has an excellent chance to solidify a Day 2 grade.

Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton (Grade: 66)
Patton runs smooth routes, and while he needs to get stronger he does use his hands well to get off press coverage. He also shows fluid movements in his routes, as well as savvy for setting up defenders within his stem.

He is a bit inconsistent in traffic, though. He made a nice adjustment against Utah State when opening up to catch a back-shoulder fade, but there were also times he failed to win one-on-one matchups with Davis despite getting his hands on the ball.

Patton (6-0⅛, 202) is good after the catch, though, displaying vision and elusiveness after the catch. He sits in the fourth-round area right now and would offer value at that point, and could even move into the later part of Day 2 if he shows well at the Senior Bowl and during predraft workouts.

Utah State WR Kerwynn Williams (Grade: 30)
Former Utah State RBs Robert Turbin and Michael Smith both made NFL rosters after being drafted in 2012, and Williams appears set to join them in the league.

Williams' production and versatility are impressive. He's rushed for 1,277 yards and 12 touchdowns this season, and is also the Aggies' leading receiver with 43 catches for 663 yards and five more scores.

He's somewhat undersized (5-8¼, 192), but I like his low center of gravity and his good finishing ability for a smaller back. Williams is a determined runner who sets up and utilizes blocks well, can string together multiple cuts and shows the burst to outrun defenders on occasion.

He also has a good feel for routes out of the backfield and a knack for getting open, and he transitions upfield well. Williams could create some buzz in the later rounds and be a good find for a team in the early-to-mid Day 3 range.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing holding Hunter back is concentration. He dropped a lot of passes this year. He recovered from the ACL tear so that is in the rearview now.

The only thing holding Patterson back is his melon. He never fully learned the offense. I would take both over Allen and it isn't even close.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing holding Hunter back is concentration. He dropped a lot of passes this year. He recovered from the ACL tear so that is in the rearview now.

The only thing holding Patterson back is his melon. He never fully learned the offense. I would take both over Allen and it isn't even close.

+1 on the last statement. Spot on.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone's already heard about Lattimore, but Ohio St. DT Johnathan Hankins has also declared.

EXPECTED TO ENTER/ENTERING THE DRAFT:
QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame

WR Keenan Allen, California
WR Stedman Bailey, WVU
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St.

DL Jonathan Hankins, Ohio St.
DL Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.

CB David Amerson, North Carolina St.
CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
QB Logan Thomas, Virginia

WR Devin Street, Pittsburgh

DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh

Tennessee State's Trabis Ward to declare for NFL draft

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...rabis-Ward-declare-NFL-draft?odyssey=nav|head

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking more and more likely that Le'Veon Bell is all but gone at this point. Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is also expected to declare, while their DE Dominique Easley looks like is coming back.

QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan St.
RB Trabis Ward, Tennessee St.

WR Stedman Bailey, WVU

DL Sharrif Floyd, Florida

CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:

DL Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
DL Dominique Easley, Florida

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If he is really indeed 6 feet 3 inches tall as listed, than my friend I would have to disagree. For someone that tall being able to get in/out of cuts in the manner of which he does is very impressive IMO. He has Crabtree's YAC type like ability, and just as good of hands. What I hate about Allen is that he lacks high-end top speed and does not have break-away speed. I am not too convinced that his listed height is accurate information. Once upon a time I was led to believe that Crabtree was 6'3 1/2. Then the weigh-in at the combine revealed his true height. This occurred again as recently as 2011 with Julio Jones. He was listed at 6'3 or 6'4 depending which sources one relied on. I was highly disapointed when it was revealed that he was only 6'2. However, I did't downgrade him because of his sheer athletic ability. I knew Crabtree lacked top end speed coming out of college, however his ability to break in and out of cut and his agility and his hands made me regard him as being a legitimate first round prospect because he was tall (6'3). Smh. So assuming that Allen is 6'3 for real, his ability to do what he does at that height is reminiscent of how I viewed Crabtree. A tall receiver being able to do things that a 6'0 receiver is supposed to do. I'm waiting to see his actual numbers for me to give my final opinion on him. Thus far though, from what I've gathered...he's a boderline # 1 receiver in the mold of Roddy White. Definitely projects as a reliable # 2 receiver - no question about that! So if he is in fact 6'3 and runs in the mid to high 4.4s, I would take him ahead of Hunter. But I wouldn't dare take him ahead of Patterson regardless of what his numbers indicate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is really indeed 6 feet 3 inches tall as listed, than my friend I would have to disagree. For someone that tall being able to get in/out of cuts in the manner of which he does is very impressive IMO. He has Crabtree's YAC type like ability, and just as good of hands. What I hate about Allen is that he lacks high-end top speed and does not have break-away speed. I am not too convinced that his listed height is accurate information. Once upon a time I was led to believe that Crabtree was 6'3 1/2. Then the weigh-in at the combine revealed his true height. This occurred again as recently as 2011 with Julio Jones. He was listed at 6'3 or 6'4 depending which sources one relied on. I was highly disapointed when it was revealed that he was only 6'2. However, I did't downgrade him because of his sheer athletic ability. I knew Crabtree lacked top end speed coming out of college, however his ability to break in and out of cut and his agility and his hands made me regard him as being a legitimate first round prospect because he was tall (6'3). Smh. So assuming that Allen is 6'3 for real, his ability to do what he does at that height is reminiscent of how I viewed Crabtree. A tall receiver being able to do things that a 6'0 receiver is supposed to do. I'm waiting to see his actual numbers for me to give my final opinion on him. Thus far though, from what I've gathered...he's a boderline # 1 receiver in the mold of Roddy White. Definitely projects as a reliable # 2 receiver - no question about that! So if he is in fact 6'3 and runs in the mid to high 4.4s, I would take him ahead of Hunter. But I wouldn't dare take him ahead of Patterson regardless of what his numbers indicate.

Allen is 6'2.5" according to draft scout. Allen is no slouch don't get me wrong. Yes he excels at route running. He doesn't have elite speed or explosion or leaping ability. Hunter beats him on size and all those things. Hunter has a higher ceiling IMO. He'll be year two recovered from ACL and just needs to cut down on drops and you have yourself a deep ball freak.
Patterson is on a whole different level. I'm not exaggerating when I say he has the best ability with the ball in his hands that I have seen since I don't know who. CP also has deep speed and go up and get the ball ability. It is no contest for CP as the #1 in this draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's looking more and more likely that Le'Veon Bell is all but gone at this point. Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is also expected to declare, while their DE Dominique Easley looks like is coming back.

QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

WR Stedman Bailey, WVU

CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:

NFL Draft Insider News & Notes: 5.0

- It looks as though the 2013 NFL Draft will receive a much needed boost of talent at the running back position. Several sources have confided both Giovani Bernard of North Carolina and Eddie Lacy of Alabama will enter the draft. Bernard grades as the top back on our draft board but sources say there are some medical issues from his past that Bernard must hurdle.

- Word in the draft community is offensive tackle D.J. Fluker of Alabama will also enter the draft.

Woohoo!!!!!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Senior Bowl has announced 13 more accepted invitations. I've included previous accepted invitations after the newly announced 13 names.

Cornell OG J.C. Tretter
Elon WR Aaron Mellette
Georgia Southern J.J. Wilcox
Kansas State WR Chris Harper
Kentucky OG Larry Warford
Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton
Louisiana Tech P Ryan Allen
Ohio State DE/LB John Simon
Oregon LB Kiko Alonso
Penn State DT Jordan Hill
Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene
Southern Mississippi LB Jamie Collins
Wisconsin OT Rick Wagner

-----------------------------

Here are more players who have accepted invitations:

Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson
Arkansas WR Cobi Hamilton
Florida State QB EJ Manuel
Florida State K Dustin Hopkins
Kent State OT Brian Winters
Marshall WR Aaron Dobson
Missouri OLB Zaviar Gooden
Oregon RB Kenjon Barner
Oregon State WR Markus Wheaton
Oregon State CB Jordan Poyer
Purdue DT Kawann Short
Rice WR Vance McDonald
San Diego State CB Leon McFadden
San Jose State TE Ryan Otten
Southeastern Louisiana CB Robert Alford
Utah State CB Will Davis
Virginia LT Oday Aboushi
Washington CB Desmond Trufant

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft 2013
Defenders dominate initial mockOffensive linemen also plentiful; skill players lacking
Originally Published: December 12, 2012
By Todd McShay | ESPN.com

The college season is over and the NFL is entering its stretch run, so it's time for my initial first-round projection for the 2013 draft.

The order below is based on current records and playoff predictions, and assumes each playoff team would advance according to seeding (No. 1 conference seeds to the Super Bowl, etc.). Ties between teams with the same record are broken using strength of schedule, with teams having the lower SOS getting the higher pick.

Much can and will change as the playoff picture comes into sharper focus and more draft-eligible non-seniors make their intentions known, but this early look offers some perspective on where prospects might land given what we know at this point.

Defensive linemen have dominated my draft board all season long, and this projection is no different with 14 ends and tackles included. Offensive tackle is the next-best position with four prospects, while only one quarterback makes the early cut.

Among individual schools, Texas A&M and Georgia lead the way with three prospects, including a pair of Aggies in the top five. Alabama, West Virginia, Notre Dame and North Carolina all have two players in this mock draft.

Draft-eligible non-seniors are noted with an asterisk.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas RB Knile Davis has also declared for the draft.

QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina
RB Knile Davis, Arkansas
RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama

WR Stedman Bailey, WVU

CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1 Kansas City Chiefs
Record: 2-11
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
This might turn out to be a simple case of bad luck for the Chiefs. They're a year too late to cash in on the Andrew Luck/Robert Griffin III bonanza, and there doesn't appear to be a 2013 quarterback prospect worthy of the No. 1 overall pick. I would have to think West Virginia's Geno Smith would be the choice over USC's Matt Barkley if the Chiefs go that direction, but at this point I think they go elsewhere. Kansas City already has spent first-round picks on the likes of Tyson Jackson and Dontari Poe, but needs a defensive tackle who can hold ground while also providing more pass-rush ability. Lotulelei will never be an elite pass-rusher, but he is strong against the run and has the quickness and power to collapse the pocket. He could become a mainstay in the middle and be good for five to seven sacks per year.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars
Record: 2-11
Damontre Moore*, DE, Texas A&M
The Jaguars have a league-low 14 sacks this season. They signed the recently-released Jason Babin as a Band-Aid, but even if Babin returns in 2013, upgrading the pass rush will be a huge priority. Moore can win with quickness or power, shows very good closing burst and is the kind of high-motor, high-character prospect the Jags are known to value. He also flashes the ability to hold the point against the run and has the versatility to line up in multiple spots.

3. Oakland Raiders
Record: 3-10
Bjoern Werner*, DE, Florida State
The Raiders have managed only 17 sacks this season, and DEs Lamarr Houston (300 pounds) and Matt Shaughnessy (285 pounds) are unusually big. They would face a tough call between Werner and LSU DE Barkevious Mingo, who has a better natural skill set as a pass-rusher and would give the Raiders a lighter, faster edge rusher. However, Werner is the more consistent player and has a better all-around game.

4. Philadelphia Eagles
Record: 4-9
Luke Joeckel*, OT, Texas A&M
The Eagles have major concerns along the offensive line, and also have a need at cornerback. The line situation will improve when C Jason Kelce and OTs Jason Peters and Todd Herremans return from injured reserve next season, but you could not fault Philadelphia for taking the best available offensive tackle. Joeckel is a smart, technically sound and tough player in the mold of Joe Thomas, and Joeckel started all 37 games at left tackle in his first three seasons with the Aggies. He could play right tackle opposite Peters and allow Herremans to move inside to guard.

5. Carolina Panthers
Johnathan Hankins*, DT, Ohio State
The Panthers are much stronger against the pass than the run, so upgrading at defensive tackle is a priority. Lotulelei would be a great pick if he were available. In this scenario, though, Hankins has the size and quickness to be the right fit as a disrupter in the middle of the defensive front.

6. Tennessee Titans
Barkevious Mingo*, DE, LSU
Tennessee ranks 26th in the NFL in pass defense and 20th in sacks with 27. Kamerion Wimbley has five sacks, but he will be 30 next season and the Titans need a younger, better version of Wimbley to start on the right side opposite Derrick Morgan. While Mingo isn't a finished product, he has the quick first step, speed and range to chase down quarterbacks.

7. Detroit Lions
Dee Milliner*, CB, Alabama
A pass-rusher like Georgia's Jarvis Jones would be intriguing here, but corner is the Lions' biggest need and Milliner has the potential to be an immediate starter. He's not an elite cover corner but good enough to hold up in man coverage, and he is very good in zone. Milliner is also strong in run support, and simply a good all-around player.

8. Arizona Cardinals
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
There is still a lot of work to do on the top quarterbacks, but the question at this point is how high a team will reach for the top player a the position. It's easy to argue the Cardinals need a quarterback as badly as any team in the NFL right now, and when Smith is on, his mechanics, footwork and confidence make him an effective passer.

9. San Diego Chargers
Record: 5-8
Taylor Lewan*, OT, Michigan
The Chargers must protect QB Philip Rivers better. They hope the healthy return of LT Jared Gaither will fill one spot, but they would still need a right tackle in that scenario and Lewan would fit the bill. He has the length to be effective in pass protection, and he's a tenacious run-blocker who gets under the skin of defenders.

10. Cleveland Browns
Chance Warmack*, G, Alabama
This is not the sexiest pick and Browns fans probably would express some frustration initially, but Warmack is a flat-out stud who would instantly improve their offensive line. He is one of the best guards I've ever evaluated, an easy mover in pass protection who shows plenty of smarts and is also a nasty run-blocker. Cleveland RB Trent Richardson (a former teammate of Warmack) and QB Brandon Weeden would surely offer their stamps of approval.

11. Buffalo Bills
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
The Bills could be in the market for a quarterback depending on how they feel about Ryan Fitzpatrick after this season, but there's no way Barkley has the arm to play in Buffalo in the winter. There is also no wide receiver worth taking this high to fill their need at that position. Te'o would give the team another young defensive leader up the middle with DT Marcell Dareus. He's a three-down linebacker who can handle the point of attack against the run and has shown plenty of ability in underneath coverage.

12. Miami Dolphins
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
Miami has an inconsistent pass rush and needs another rusher opposite Cameron Wake, who will turn 31 in January. Jordan is long and athletic, has explosive initial power and shows the versatility to play multiple roles along the front seven.

13. New Orleans Saints
Jarvis Jones*, OLB, Georgia
The Saints are without a second-round pick as part of their punishment for the bounty scandal, so they must upgrade the pass rush with their first-rounder. Jones has top-notch pass-rush skills and his primary role as a rookie will be to get after the quarterback. He also has good range in coverage, and should be an upgrade as a starter on the strong side.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Record: 6-7
Sam Montgomery*, DE, LSU
There is not a corner after Milliner worth taking here to fill a pressing need. There is talk about Joeckel's teammate Jake Matthews* as a first-rounder, and Matthews could fill the Bucs' need at right tackle. However, Montgomery is a solid all-around prospect who can hold up against the run and is a powerful pass-rusher.

15. New York Jets
Record: 6-7
Jake Matthews*, OT, Texas A&M
Yes, the Jets have a quarterback need, but replacing Mark Sanchez with Barkley would be like trying to kick a Diet Coke habit by substituting Diet Pepsi. New York will almost certainly look to bring in a veteran if it chooses to upgrade at quarterback. The Jets' pass defense is surprisingly good despite the team having only 22 total sacks, but they still need a legitimate edge rusher. However, they're on the wrong end of a run on ends in this scenario. They could reach for a player such as Auburn's Corey Lemonier, but they also need a right tackle and Matthews is on the rise with his toughness in the run game and good hands in pass protection.

16. St. Louis Rams
Record: 6-6-1
Eric Fisher*, OT, Central Michigan
The Rams might consider a receiver such as Tennessee's Justin Hunter or California's Keenan Allen here, but could also get better value with a defensive tackle such as North Carolina's Sylvester Williams. However, St. Louis must protect QB Sam Bradford for the organization to turn the corner, and Fisher has the length, light feet and balance to be effective against edge rushers.