• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he will. You think Lebron is not going to be vocal if he's doing more harm than good?

This is the Lakers, not a team like Detroit or Cleveland.

Honestly?

Yes. Of course LeBron will be vocal if he feels like things aren’t working.

But.....

I don’t have a lot of confidence in LeBron as an evaluator of talent and fit. That is not his strong suit.

I think there is a pretty solid chance that Drummond becomes the reason it isn’t working AND that LeBron might not correctly diagnose it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?

Yes. Of course LeBron will be vocal if he feels like things aren’t working.

But.....

I don’t have a lot of confidence in LeBron as an evaluator of talent and fit. That is not his strong suit.

I think there is a pretty solid chance that Drummond becomes the reason it isn’t working AND that LeBron might not correctly diagnose it.

I very much doubt the most successful team in NBA history wouldn't be able to figure out that a single player is ruining their chances of getting another Championship.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I very much doubt the most successful team in NBA history wouldn't be able to figure out that a single player is ruining their chances of getting another Championship.

Um...

Laker success from the past has absolutely no bearing in the current regime.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...

Laker success from the past has absolutely no bearing in the current regime.

You don't exactly have to be an expert to see if a player is being a hindrance. Even the every-day fan would be able to notice this. Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?

I think an organization who spends hundreds of millions of dollars on achieving a single goal would be able to figure it out too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't exactly have to be an expert to see if a player is being a hindrance. Even the every-day fan would be able to notice this. Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?

I think an organization who spends hundreds of millions of dollars on achieving a single goal would be able to figure it out too.

No, actually it isn’t easy at all. Especially in the case of Drummond.

That is why there are so many different opinions on him.

Politics play into this decision too. None of us know what promises were made to Drummond to get him to sign. Seems like Vogel is fully committed to starting him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Politics play into this decision too. None of us know what promises were made to Drummond to get him to sign. Seems like Vogel is fully committed to starting him.

To be fair, Vogel started Dwight or Javale every game too. But in games where they weren't as effective, they didn't play much beyond the 1st quarter.

We've already seen a couple of games where he started, but didn't play starter's minutes.

Looking like Vogel will start him and if he's not effective, like in game 1, will sit him. If he is effective like game 2, he'll keep him in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see an issue with Drummond. You're making it sound like he was signed on a multi-year contract and the Lakers broke the bank to get him. It's not like we're comping him to Hakeem or something.

When AD got injured they lacked rebounding. Off waivers Drummond was a perfect fit.

He's doing a decent job IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Vogel started Dwight or Javale every game too. But in games where they weren't as effective, they didn't play much beyond the 1st quarter.

We've already seen a couple of games where he started, but didn't play starter's minutes.

Looking like Vogel will start him and if he's not effective, like in game 1, will sit him. If he is effective like game 2, he'll keep him in.

It took Vogel a long time to bench McGee though. I was calling for it weeks before he actually did it.

And Drummond has a lot more status than McGee so it will be a harder decision if it comes to that.

We can all agree Morris isn’t playing enough. Vogel hasn’t figured that out and it is really obvious.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Vogel a long time to bench McGee though. I was calling for it weeks before he actually did it.

And Drummond has a lot more status than McGee so it will be a harder decision if it comes to that.

We can all agree Morris isn’t playing enough. Vogel hasn’t figured that out and it is really obvious.

And yet, he's already sat him when he wasn't being effective. So apparently, he learned. I don't care if Vogel starts him every single game. As long he pulls him when he's not effective, it's not an issue.

Morris definitely needs to be playing more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morris has been struggling terribly even towards the end when AD was out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see an issue with Drummond. You're making it sound like he was signed on a multi-year contract and the Lakers broke the bank to get him. It's not like we're comping him to Hakeem or something.

When AD got injured they lacked rebounding. Off waivers Drummond was a perfect fit.

He's doing a decent job IMO.

Drummond hasn’t done anything wrong. He has been what the Lakers should expect him to be.

He is just not a smart basketball player. He makes a lot of mistakes on both ends. And his presence makes it a lot harder for AD and LeBron to get to their spots because he clogs the lane.

It was fine with AD out. Now with AD back, they can’t possibly find enough minutes for all their centers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris has been struggling terribly even towards the end when AD was out.

Of course. When AD was out.

He is a complementary player to AD. Not a replacement.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's struggling. Until he gets better at shooting, him being benched is justified.

You have to give him a shot with AD though.

He can make open shots that are left to him with LeBron and AD on the court.

With those guys out it is totally different.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he will. You think Lebron is not going to be vocal if he's doing more harm than good?

This is the Lakers, not a team like Detroit or Cleveland.

How have the Lakers done the last two times they played Detroit in a finals