• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense in the last five minutes of this game is what won it for the Lakers. Minus the two stupid fouls on Booker while attempting a 3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after all, it's not like players have evolved the game to the point where you have guys like KD and AD who can handle the ball like point guards, shoot like shooting guards and run the floor like small forwards all while being 7 feet tall.

They can do all that stuff, but still have PGs and SGs in the lineup with them. KD never plays guard for the Nets. AD is the 4 or 5 in every Lakers lineup. They use that ability as an advantage against thicker, slower players at their given positions 99% of the time. Sure, players switch on defense. However, just because Drummond switches onto Chris Paul defensively, that doesn't make him a guard (or a good decision lol).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Suns to compete with the Lakers in games 3 & 4, they need a whole team effort.

Need more scoring from Bridges and Crowder. 14 points between them isn't good enough with CP3 hurt. Also going to need the bench to step up. The only bench player who showed up to play was Payne

That's one more bench player that showed up for the Lakers. Ehh, Gasol hit a couple 3s.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually helped them win the game last night.

I am sure he did.

However, his presence makes the game harder for his teammates.

And like I said before they signed him, the Lakers can’t play all 3 of: Harrell, Gasol and Drummond especially considering that some of their best lineups have AD at the 5.

Last night Harrell and Morris combined for 4 minutes.

The Lakers do not need Drummond. They never did.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he did.

And like I said before they signed him, the Lakers can’t play all 3 of: Harrell, Gasol and Drummond especially considering that some of their best lineups have AD at the 5.

14 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals and a block.

AD figured out how to play with 'Dre last night as he dropped 34 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks and a steal.

And James had 23 points and 9 assists as he ran the offense.

They don't need to play all 3.....the playoffs are about matchups and they use who they need on any given night. Harrell wouldn't match up well with Ayton, he's much shorter.....AD, Drummond and Gasol all match up better with him. AD gets the prime time down the stretch minutes at center when the game is on the line.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schroder was probably the key last night. He stepped up and provided the 3rd scorer they need to help take the load off James and AD's shoulders.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he did.

He's a gamble for them. To me pre jaylen brown injury he made the most sense for the celtics

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 points, 12 rebounds, 2 steals and a block.

AD figured out how to play with 'Dre last night as he dropped 34 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks and a steal.

And James had 23 points and 9 assists as he ran the offense.

They don't need to play all 3.....the playoffs are about matchups and they use who they need on any given night. Harrell wouldn't match up well with Ayton, he's much shorter.....AD, Drummond and Gasol all match up better with him. AD gets the prime time down the stretch minutes at center when the game is on the line.

That isn’t the point. Harrell is too good to DNP. The Lakers have excess at the 5 position and Drummond is not nearly as good as his stats indicate.

While Drummond matches up better defensively with Ayton, The Lakers are a better offensive team with Harrell because he is a better finisher and actually understands how to play his position in a team context.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t the point. Harrell is too good to DNP. The Lakers have excess at the 5 position and Drummond is not nearly as good as his stats indicate.

While Drummond matches up better defensively with Ayton, The Lakers are a better offensive team with Harrell because he is a better finisher and actually understands how to play his position in a team context.
Ayton is already looking like an elite C. Harrell would make him look even better.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Suns to win

Been since the Miami days I rooted against Lebron

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayton is already looking like an elite C. Harrell would make him look even better.

Ayton does not look like an elite C.

Yes, He would abuse Harrel. He abused AD in game 1.

And yet still, my point is that Harrell helps the offense as much as he hurts the defense. Because Drummond isn’t exactly a great defender either.

The problem is that I believe Vogel is going to play Drummond no matter what because he has the most status. And it may end up costing the Lakers in the end.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ayton does not look like an elite C.

Yes, He would abuse Harrel. He abused AD in game 1.

And yet still, my point is that Harrell helps the offense as much as he hurts the defense. Because Drummond isn’t exactly a great defender either.

The problem is that I believe Vogel is going to play Drummond no matter what because he has the most status. And it may end up costing the Lakers in the end.
He has averaged 21.5ppg and 13rpg in 2 games. He's looking damn good.

We're going to agree to disagree on this.