• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 3) Milwaukee Bucks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Middleton is back by game 5 then this is the bucks series. I think with or without him this is 2-2 after 4 games. If he's out for the series then it is a toss up
Could happen. Especially if we are overvaluing the Cs because of the Nets being a mess. At the same time, Cs were one of the hottest in the league Pre playoffs. Cs handed one to the Bucks sitting Tatum and somebody else and they almost won at Bucks. Think the Cs matchup well here especially if Middleton is out or less than 100%.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't just ignore that the bucks 3 best games of the bulls series came without him. Could have easily been down 2-0. Not saying that's all on him but we can't deny this
You're talking about the Bulls, though.

Bulls were stumbling, hurt and everyone in the East wanted to play them for a reason.

Bucks better win that series, even down a Middleton... and beating the lowly (for a playoff team) Bulls without Middleton doesn't diminish his value to Milwaukee in any way.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that gives me some pause here is the reality that the Nets may not have been anywhere close to the team we thought they were and that’s a real possibility at this point.
But you picked them.

Boston is the best defensive team in the NBA right now. They make everyone work for every shot. The Bucks are not a defensive team and want to beat everyone in a shootout. When they falter just a hair shooting they lose. The C's can run and gun with anyone. The difference is forcing the other guys to jam the brakes and move the ball around the perimeter.

Not having Middleton is huge. His 20 Points 8 Rebounds per game cannot easily be made up. Remember, those points are lost. Someone coming off the bench would have added his points if Middleton was playing. Unless he never scored and suddenly can score 20.

C's win first two in Boston, Split at Milwaukee, Win 5th game in Boston. C's in 5.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks in 6

It is entirely possible they are overmatched because of the injury, but I am not buying that narrative until I see them play.
The best player in the league on the defending champions is finally healthy.

I am not sure there is any 2 time MVP superstar who gets overlooked as often as Giannis.
It is odd. He has the individual accolades and the ring, but he never generates the fear and awe of other elite stars.

Chicago is not remotely in the same league as Boston, but the Bucks did win 3 straight 20 point beatdowns without Middleton.
It is not a situation where they are suddenly caught without any preparation time to play without him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Middy confirmed

It's difficult seeing MIL win this series without Middleton unless Holiday plays ridiculous. Boston will have a play for Giannis. Horford and Robert Williams can make life tough along with their perimeter defenders.

Darkhorse - Bobby Portis

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult seeing MIL win this series without Middleton unless Holiday plays ridiculous. Boston will have a play for Giannis. Horford and Robert Williams can make life tough along with their perimeter defenders.

Darkhorse - Bobby Portis
They need Portis to be exceptional and average in the 15-18 range. I think Smart locks up Holiday offensively and the Cs throw waves at Giannis and build the wall around the rim forcing Giannis to be a distributor and jump shooter. If the Bucks win this series it will be because they beat Boston left handed.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very eager to see how Ume Ds up this Bucks roster and approach. Giannis is going to average well north of his average

It’s the other dudes we must stay up on