• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 3) Milwaukee Bucks

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame Shamrock GIF by Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In 6

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bucks in 5

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts in 5 or 6. The Celtics have the league's best defense and will slow down Giannis enough to allow Tatum and Brown together to win this series. Who has the better role players and bench? Celts.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts in 5 or 6. The Celtics have the league's best defense and will slow down Giannis enough to allow Tatum and Brown together to win this series. Who has the better role players and bench? Celts.
Bucks bench is better imo

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portis is the best bench player on either team.

That said: both teams have benches that suit their team identity... Bucks got shooters to surround Giannis, the C's got versatile defenders (White, Grant Williams, Theis) to step in and continue to play high quality team defense.

Payton Pritchard has been a nice little find. He can shoot, and the moment doesn't seem to be too big for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a really good series.

I think I lean Celtics because they have the perfect personnel to make Giannis ordinary. And if Middleton is out, the Bucks need Giannis to be special.

With what the Celtics did to KD in round 1, I just don’t think Giannis is going to be able to dominate.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a really good series.

I think I lean Celtics because they have the perfect personnel to make Giannis ordinary. And if Middleton is out, the Bucks need Giannis to be special.

With what the Celtics did to KD in round 1, I just don’t think Giannis is going to be able to dominate.

Giannis has a real chance to elevate himself from a top 25ish all time player and start knocking on the door of the top 10 if he can pull this team into a back to back finals.

He'd obviously need more on the resume but the fact we are even discussing him losing his number two and them not skipping a beat puts him in rare company.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Giannis legally in the country? Just wanna make sure.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis has a real chance to elevate himself from a top 25ish all time player and start knocking on the door of the top 10 if he can pull this team into a back to back finals.

He'd obviously need more on the resume but the fact we are even discussing him losing his number two and them not skipping a beat puts him in rare company.
The biggest weakness that Giannis has yet to overcome (IMO) is showing #1 superstar offensive ability against a very good playoff defense.

In other words... he still has holes in his game that a very good defense can use to slow him down. Namely:
  • Giannis' dominance in transition can be mitigated by a team with the horses and a plan (build the wall)
  • Giannis' outside shooting is still suspect. Teams can sag off him.
  • Giannis is an ok but not great passer.
Therefore, the Giannis train can be (and I believe again will be by the Celtics) slowed down. No one is gonna stop him. But Boston will slow him down... and unless Milwaukee shoots lights out from 3 they will struggle to win four games against Boston without the offensive excellence of Middleton to lean on.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest weakness that Giannis has yet to overcome (IMO) is showing #1 superstar offensive ability against a very good playoff defense.

In other words... he still has holes in his game that a very good defense can use to slow him down. Namely:
  • Giannis' dominance in transition can be mitigated by a team with the horses and a plan (build the wall)
Therefore, the Giannis train can be (and I believe again will be by the Celtics) slowed down. No one is gonna stop him. But Boston will slow him down... and unless Milwaukee shoots lights out from 3 they will struggle to win four games against Boston without the offensive excellence of Middleton to lean on.

I actually agree that that is what I think will happen but If he can pull this off I'd be very impressed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what is your definition of slow down? The man is likely going to avg about 30 PPG, 10+ rpg, and 4-5 apg in this series

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are focused on the wrong thing here when they talk about Middleton’s loss. Bucks defense has been leaky this year already. Losing Middleton vs a team with great wings and perimeter guys is gonna be tough. There’s only one Drue Holiday and two in Tatum and Brown. Guys like Grayson Allen and Pat Connaghton are going to get targeted and exposed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is your definition of slow down? The man is likely going to avg about 30 PPG, 10+ rpg, and 4-5 apg in this series
To summarize a concise definition:

Milwaukee losing the series.