• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Conference Semifinals: Boston Celtics (2) vs Philadelphia 76ers (3)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics in 5

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I jumped the gun on this

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to age poorly in so many ways

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be about Dillon Brooks, or about some slightly better than average player from the 1970s that you think should be in the Hall of Fame.
Well Suns trying to choke away my thread for the night.

Considering how out of touch fans on here are from the league’s roots, I consider the source.

And I made all of one thread about Brooks, and it wasn’t even that serious. But sure, he’s the MVP. Yep…

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the one that made this thread tonight... :scratch:
Boston was up double digits and closing this one out when I posted this. Almost as soon as I posted this the game changed and now Embiid gets even more time to rest. I am the wizard of sports fandom and I have special powers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to age poorly in so many ways
I need your help on this. Nobody knows these idiosyncrasies of NBA rules for caps and contracts the way you do.
1) what can BBall Paul get on the market considering he’s a RFA
2) what is a number that the Sixers can’t match because of where they are with cap, assuming a Harden opt out and restructure for say 3 years $135 million?
3) If the Sixers don’t match, do they get any compensation coming back or do they just lose the player for not matching?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need your help on this. Nobody knows these idiosyncrasies of NBA rules for caps and contracts the way you do.
1) what can BBall Paul get on the market considering he’s a RFA
2) what is a number that the Sixers can’t match because of where they are with cap, assuming a Harden opt out and restructure for say 3 years $135 million?
3) If the Sixers don’t match, do they get any compensation coming back or do they just lose the player for not matching?

I'm not entirely sure due to the new CBA rules. If they max Harden I believe they're gonna be over that second cap apron (which is a borderline hardcap considering how draconian it is) so I believe they would only have whatever their bird rights are. With this being his 3rd year I think they're fine. But the tax on keeping him would be HUGE.

No compensation for losing RFAs in the NBA, unless you sign and trade him....which you could do.

As for his market value? Man, good question. Backup C's like him don't usually get a ton. I think the big MLE is his ceiling. I would be surprised if he got more than that. Even that is probably a stretch considering how easy it is to add a decent backup C.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure due to the new CBA rules. If they max Harden I believe they're gonna be over that second cap apron (which is a borderline hardcap considering how draconian it is) so I believe they would only have whatever their bird rights are. With this being his 3rd year I think they're fine. But the tax on keeping him would be HUGE.

No compensation for losing RFAs in the NBA, unless you sign and trade him....which you could do.

As for his market value? Man, good question. Backup C's like him don't usually get a ton. I think the big MLE is his ceiling. I would be surprised if he got more than that. Even that is probably a stretch considering how easy it is to add a decent backup C.
Appreciate it. Ironically, the Sixers holding him back may have kept his value down. I think he’s an uncommon 5 and is really a combo big (if that’s a thing). I think he can compliment different teams just as much as a 4 as he can at 5. That team would need their 5 to be a stretch 5 that can shoot because BBall Paul hasn’t added a 3 pt shot to his game yet. I really think the Sixers have held him back. I hope next year after they swing a trade for Harris expiring they can fool around with playing BBall Paul alongside Embiid for about 8-10 minutes a game. Embiid does so much work at the nail and the top of the key that he can do damage in the dunker spot. He’s a tremendous offensive rebounder. They would need 3 shooters around an Embiid/ Reed group though. Maybe Melton, Harden, Maxey

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate it. Ironically, the Sixers holding him back may have kept his value down. I think he’s an uncommon 5 and is really a combo big (if that’s a thing). I think he can compliment different teams just as much as a 4 as he can at 5. That team would need their 5 to be a stretch 5 that can shoot because BBall Paul hasn’t added a 3 pt shot to his game yet. I really think the Sixers have held him back. I hope next year after they swing a trade for Harris expiring they can fool around with playing BBall Paul alongside Embiid for about 8-10 minutes a game. Embiid does so much work at the nail and the top of the key that he can do damage in the dunker spot. He’s a tremendous offensive rebounder. They would need 3 shooters around an Embiid/ Reed group though. Maybe Melton, Harden, Maxey

A team who tried to play him like Vanderbilt could unlock his value for sure

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston was up double digits and closing this one out when I posted this. Almost as soon as I posted this the game changed and now Embiid gets even more time to rest. I am the wizard of sports fandom and I have special powers.
You did good work