• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st half finale:Miami Marlins @ NY Mets (7/11-13)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside the numbers: Wright's hot streak - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

NEW YORK -- Taylor Teagarden began a rehab assignment Saturday in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Teagarden is serving as the designated hitter for the Gulf Coast League Mets. He has been on the disabled list since June 22 with a strained left hamstring.

That signals the Mets may need to make a decision out of the All-Star break about which catcher to keep at the major league level. Anthony Recker has an option remaining. Teagarden is out of options, so he would need to clear waivers and, even then, also would need to accept an assignment to Triple-A.

Teagarden, 30, hit .143 (4-for-28) with one homer, five RBIs and two walks in nine major league games this season before landing on the DL.

NEW YORK -- Jeremy Hefner tossed a 1-2-3 inning for the Gulf Coast League Mets on Saturday morning in Port St. Lucie, Fla. It marked his first time pitching in a game since undergoing Tommy John surgery on Aug. 28, 2013.

Hefner aims to pitch in the majors this season.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGM.JPG

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new_york_mets_amazin__mets_by_devildog360-d5bqaf4.jpg

• Rapid Reaction: Mets 5, Marlins 4 - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

NEW YORK -- Who knew Daniel Murphy could jump?

Daniel Murphy

#28 2B
New York Mets

2014 STATS

• GM 92
  • HR 7
  • RBI 37
  • R 56
  • OBP .342
  • AVG .294

A half-inning before Eric Campbell delivered a tiebreaking RBI single in the eighth that lifted the Mets to a 5-4 win against the Marlins, Murphy leaped to snare a two-out line drive from Adeiny Hechavarria that stranded the potential go-ahead run in scoring position.

“You’re kind of at the mercy of your own athleticism there,” Murphy said. “And fortunately I had barely enough to get to the ball.”

Said Travis d'Arnaud: “I still can’t believe I saw that. He could dunk, I think, with how high he got.”

Murphy disputed d’Arnaud’s generous assessment of his leaping ability.

“No, not unless I had a chair there,” Murphy deadpanned about being able to dunk.

The All-Star Murphy remains due to get Sunday’s first-half finale off, Terry Collins reiterated postgame.

“He’s so pumped up, and he should be,” Collins said about representing the Mets on Tuesday in Minnesota. “That’s a tremendous tribute to one of the hardest-working players you’ll ever be around. And a big play for him, but he’s gassed.”
NEW YORK -- Rookie Eric Campbell came up big again Saturday.

Eric Campbell

#29 1B
New York Mets

2014 STATS

• GM 41
  • HR 1
  • RBI 10
  • R 10
  • OBP .385
  • AVG .343

Campbell delivered a pinch-hit single against Mike Dunn in the eighth inning that plated Travis d’Arnaud with the go-ahead run as the Mets beat the Miami Marlins, 5-4, at Citi Field.

Campbell is now 6-for-12 as a pinch hitter this season. He has a nine-game hitting streak, during which he is hitting .455 (15-for-33).

“I saw a lot of pitches down in Miami, and a lot of pitches that at-bat,” Campbell said about his matchup against Dunn. “I had a pretty good idea of what his stuff does, so that helped.”

Campbell said he benefited in staying sharp for pinch-hitting duty when he was able to fill in for a week for David Wright, who was mending a left shoulder injury.

“It got my timing down,” Campbell said. “It got those little mechanical things in my swing down. It helps to get 25 to 30 at-bats in a row. It was unfortunate that David was hurt, but of course it helped me out a little bit.”

• Major Props to CY are in order.....

Chris Young not writing off season - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the run they are on right now. If they can finish the year at .500 I think it's a very good season. A lot of the guys we need to start developing and doing well have been coming through.