• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NY Mets --- July 2023

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets lose 11-6 after the Max trade....
Cookie was awful.

Up Next...

The Mets and Nationals close out their series on Sunday at 1:30 PM. In potentially his last start as a Met, Justin Verlander will be on the mound for the Mets (5-5, 3.23 ERA) against former Met Trevor Williams (5-5, 4.48 ERA) for the Nationals.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Mets gm should get fired after this season.

All his moves preseason turned rotten

And then they trade their closer too early, and don’t receive good return for him

And now they trade scherzer only to get an overhyped prospect that is only hyped that way because he is Ronald Acuna’s brother. Unless they got more than that which I have yet to read about.

But what an epic failure of trades.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the Mets gm should get fired after this season.

All his moves preseason turned rotten

And then they trade their closer too early, and don’t receive good return for him

And now they trade scherzer only to get an overhyped prospect that is only hyped that way because he is Ronald Acuna’s brother. Unless they got more than that which I have yet to read about.

But what an epic failure of trades.
Yeah Eppler has been hit or miss on some of his deals....mostly miss.
Not sure what the team owner will do during the offseason, but he's pretty much been a hands off low key kind of guy during the season.

As far as Scherzer goes, I wasn't too upset about him leaving. I'm hearing lots of Rangers fans aren't real high on the trade...and they wanted to keep Acuña. All I can say is I hope he works out for the Mets next season. I think he's got star potential.

I was actually more disappointed to lose Robertson to Miami for what we got back in return....but it is what it is.
This entire season has been one big clusterfuck after another. Mets have to do some soul searching and rebuild their Bullpen and add a few other pieces in the offseason...and I also expect some changes to the FO and the coaching staff as well.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eppler can't land Ohtani then I don't see a reason to keep him around. The crazy money he threw around has been underwhelming and his subsequent bargain bin pickups are all performing to their mediocre/bad career averages. Darin Ruf, Vogelbach, Canha, Escobar, Pham etc are not everyday MLB players and we played them like they are and it killed us.

We never got the major league bat to backup Alonso.

We never revamped our bullpen which was our biggest weakness last season.

We banked on aging starting pitching to be our foundation for the year. None of this made any sense. All our bright spots are pre Eppler guys.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Eppler has been hit or miss on some of his deals....mostly miss.
Not sure what the team owner will do during the offseason, but he's pretty much been a hands off low key kind of guy during the season.

As far as Scherzer goes, I wasn't too upset about him leaving. I'm hearing lots of Rangers fans aren't real high on the trade...and they wanted to keep Acuña. All I can say is I hope he works out for the Mets next season. I think he's got star potential.

I was actually more disappointed to lose Robertson to Miami for what we got back in return....but it is what it is.
This entire season has been one big clusterfuck after another. Mets have to do some soul searching and rebuild their Bullpen and add a few other pieces in the offseason...and I also expect some changes to the FO and the coaching staff as well.

Nah. It is good that the Mets are trading those pieces. Just think both they really got less than they should. The only thing that makes sense to me is that they were afraid of the padres. If the Padres lose one or 2 more games they are selling a potential CY young and the best reliever in the game today!!

So they thought to trade earlier than the padres may have to.

But I really think Acuña gets hyped up because of his brother. I mean it should. But the Mets fell for it and sold someone worth much more.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

:think:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the pros of these trades are we're filling in the gaps in our farm system. We were super top heavy and then a huge drop off so improving our 8-15 prospects is important for making trades down the line. We can always outbid people for free agents, we have our main core guys in place, this will help with depth and our ability to make meaningful trades.

Example, someone like Mauricio becomes expendable in a trade.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the pros of these trades are we're filling in the gaps in our farm system. We were super top heavy and then a huge drop off so improving our 8-15 prospects is important for making trades down the line. We can always outbid people for free agents, we have our main core guys in place, this will help with depth and our ability to make meaningful trades.

Example, someone like Mauricio becomes expendable in a trade.
Sure...but Mauricio should've already been on the big club. But this FO (past & present) is known for being a joke.
Would really hate to lose him and then watch as he excels with another team, or even worse, a division rival.
He's definitely better than more than a few players on the current roster.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...but Mauricio should've already been on the big club. But this FO (past & present) is known for being a joke.
Would really hate to lose him and then watch as he excels with another team, or even worse, a division rival.
He's definitely better than more than a few players on the current roster.
Part of the problem is we have Lindor, Baty, Vientos, Mauricio and McNeill basically all cannibalizing each other. Add Acuna to that mix now too. Why we don't utilize the DH with these guys who knows but it's tough fitting everyone in without sacrificing defense in the outfield when we throw them out there.