• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

19-20 College Football Prospects Thread

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching a Shrine Bowl replay last night, usually these games are dreadful to watch but this was the best one I've seen, good play from both sides and a number of guys I think look like they can play in the NFL, develop into eventual starters. Some guys that stood out to me looking at the game (in no particular order):

- WR Mason Kinsley, Berry College: future slot with nice quickness and great hands. Defintely did not look out of place in the game. I hope he gets a combine invite because he looks like he can play in the NFL

- RB Adrian Killins, UCF: we already have a guy like this on the roster in Boston Scott, but the speed and acceleration jump out right away; a factor in the pass game and in the return game, he would be at his best when he has space to operate. Really small though, only 170 lbs

- QB James Morgan, Florida Int'l: big strong armed pocket passer; looked really good on the first couple of drives for the East team, both leading to touchdowns.

- OG Kevin Dotson, Louisiana: massive powerful road grader, looks like an Eagle type of OL; was blowing guys off the line of scrimmage all game

- OG Jon Runyan, Michigan: Son of former Eagle that has versatility potential, could be a good swing tackle or even starting guard at some point in the NFL

- C Daryl Williams, Mississippi State: developmental Center prospect that played with good power and technique... not as athletic as Kelce but more powerful. I would take a flier on this guy in the middle rounds to work behind Kelce for a year or two, he looked good

- DT McTelvin Agim, Arkansas: Intriguing player who made some nice splash plays in the run game, and against the pass; very quick off the snap

- DE Michael Danna, Michigan: undersized and wasn't very productive in college but plays hard and if there was a defensive highlight for the East team, he was in on every one of them. Like I said the college production wasn't there so he's not going to get drafted high but I've seen guys with this profile have success at the next level. Will be interesting to see how he tests

- LBs Shaq Quarterman and Michael Pinckney, Miami: Shaq is more of a thumper, Pinckney is the rangier of the two but both made some nice plays - they close hard and play physical

- CB Parnell Motley, Oklahoma: played smooth with good technique, looks like a confident player. I liked how he looked in coverage, both man and zone.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the Senior Bowl practice reports, I am a little disheartened because a few of the guys I liked are going to be zooming up draft boards.

DT Javon Kinlaw is likely going to be top 10. That sucks because I was hoping he could slip to us in the first round, something that seemed to be happening in a lot of early mocks. There is no way that happens anymore, if it ever could. He is the best player at the Senior Bowl.

Similarly, I was interested in LSU C Lloyd Cushenberry as a possible third rounder type to be the heir apparent to Kelce, who may only have one more season left. It looks like he is the only guy who can block Kinlaw and is probably going to go in the early second round at this rate as the top center.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching a Shrine Bowl replay last night, usually these games are dreadful to watch but this was the best one I've seen, good play from both sides and a number of guys I think look like they can play in the NFL, develop into eventual starters. Some guys that stood out to me looking at the game (in no particular order):

- WR Mason Kinsley, Berry College: future slot with nice quickness and great hands. Defintely did not look out of place in the game. I hope he gets a combine invite because he looks like he can play in the NFL

- RB Adrian Killins, UCF: we already have a guy like this on the roster in Boston Scott, but the speed and acceleration jump out right away; a factor in the pass game and in the return game, he would be at his best when he has space to operate. Really small though, only 170 lbs

- QB James Morgan, Florida Int'l: big strong armed pocket passer; looked really good on the first couple of drives for the East team, both leading to touchdowns.

- OG Kevin Dotson, Louisiana: massive powerful road grader, looks like an Eagle type of OL; was blowing guys off the line of scrimmage all game

- OG Jon Runyan, Michigan: Son of former Eagle that has versatility potential, could be a good swing tackle or even starting guard at some point in the NFL

- C Daryl Williams, Mississippi State: developmental Center prospect that played with good power and technique... not as athletic as Kelce but more powerful. I would take a flier on this guy in the middle rounds to work behind Kelce for a year or two, he looked good

- DT McTelvin Agim, Arkansas: Intriguing player who made some nice splash plays in the run game, and against the pass; very quick off the snap

- DE Michael Danna, Michigan: undersized and wasn't very productive in college but plays hard and if there was a defensive highlight for the East team, he was in on every one of them. Like I said the college production wasn't there so he's not going to get drafted high but I've seen guys with this profile have success at the next level. Will be interesting to see how he tests

- LBs Shaq Quarterman and Michael Pinckney, Miami: Shaq is more of a thumper, Pinckney is the rangier of the two but both made some nice plays - they close hard and play physical

- CB Parnell Motley, Oklahoma: played smooth with good technique, looks like a confident player. I liked how he looked in coverage, both man and zone.

I didn't see the game or practices, but it sounds like Morgan is a guy to keep an eye on. We will need a better backup QB and he is becoming a hot name. He will likely be drafted earlier than people expect, like the 3rd or 4th round.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cushenberry looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder, but a team may like him in the 2nd. So who knows yet?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't skip WR in Rd 1. Lamb and Judy are likely off the board by 21, but I'm still snagging one of Higgins, Ruggs or Laviska at 21. Higgins flat out reminds me of AJ Green, but I'm slightly concerned that he ran a 4.75 as a Senior in high school. I'm sure he runs a faster 40 than he did at 18 ... so as long as he runs in the low 4.5's I'm all over him at 21. Ruggs I also think will be a better Pro than College player ... he's such a good route runner that they used him more on intermediate routes than a deep threat. At the pro level this kid is going to be special if used correctly. Laviska is last on my list ... tons of talent, size and speed, but he didn't face great competition and is raw as a route runner compared to Higgins and Ruggs. May take longer to make an impact at the pro level; potential however is super high.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rate those 3 this way:
1. Shenault
2. Ruggs
3. Higgins

After that, I like Reagor; and Jefferson.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about Tee Higgins' speed. We need some guys who can separate.

While I am not opposed to taking the right WR in round one, I don't think we have to take one that high in this draft, despite our needs at the position.

I think guys like Ruggs and Lamb, if they make it to 21, are options because they have the speed and quickness we need. Ruggs would be ideal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mid-round WR I liked was Denzel Mims from Baylor. Big kid with surprising speed. Unfortunately he too is opening eyes at the Senior Bowl a lot. He is likely a third rounder now. He is beating people deep more than the experts thought he could. Not sure why as he did it in the regular season a lot.

The Draft Network

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not what would would call a rabid draft pundit....but I check things out some when I see clips. I am not high on Higgins. He is slow and light. He should have about 15-20 more pounds on that frame. Not hard to do, but can take some time to do......and then how fast is he?

His big strength seems to be height....and we have plenty of that.

I really like the potential of Ruggs at the next level. You hardly ever know for sure if a guy will fully make the next level....but he feels like he will be a solid player in the NFL.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ruggs is their guy, I'm sure that Howie wil trade up a few spots if he has to to get him. Howie knows we need speed, so we need to draft or sign 2 speed receivers, since DJAX may only play 1 or 2 more years. I recommend that they sign Robby Anderson, and draft 2 more WRs.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ruggs is their guy, I'm sure that Howie wil trade up a few spots if he has to to get him. Howie knows we need speed, so we need to draft or sign 2 speed receivers, since DJAX may only play 1 or 2 more years. I recommend that they sign Robby Anderson, and draft 2 more WRs.
Agree. The Eagles have 10 picks to play with. I would think Howie may be doing some wheeling and dealing in this draft. Just my opinion.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The Eagles have 10 picks to play with. I would think Howie may be doing some wheeling and dealing in this draft. Just my opinion.

Hopefully this most recent season was a wake up call. This guys been down before and came roaring back. Maybe we will see classic Howie this offseason. We need it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if you have to move up, I mean there is a ton of wide out talent in this draft. If there this a lack of depth is inside LB's .

They talk about getting younger with this roster, so why not keep the picks and roll out 10 guys they take in the draft and see how they pan out...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own, but I want them to use the draft wisely, and make moves to do what they have to do to get the best play makers that they can. If we were a bottom team, trying to fill a roster, then that is another story, but is not apropos for our team.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you have to move up, I mean there is a ton of wide out talent in this draft. If there this a lack of depth is inside LB's .

They talk about getting younger with this roster, so why not keep the picks and roll out 10 guys they take in the draft and see how they pan out...

I think the reality to me is that they could end up doing something like drafting 8-9 guys and moving up 1-2 times to get someone they want if they really are on their game.

But as the JJAW/Metcalf thing proved last year....you don’t always need to move up to get a good player.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reality to me is that they could end up doing something like drafting 8-9 guys and moving up 1-2 times to get someone they want if they really are on their game.

But as the JJAW/Metcalf thing proved last year....you don’t always need to move up to get a good player.

:dingdingding:

But at the same time I'm not ready to say JJAW is a bust just yet. I got a feeling Carson will have one of his wide out retreats with this young man and they get things figured out hopefully his rookie year is the only bad year he has

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply don’t have faith in Howie to make the right draft choices. He does his other GM duties well but he is not the guy you want making the draft calls.
They must hit on all cylinders with this draft or we will be watching from behind.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

But at the same time I'm not ready to say JJAW is a bust just yet. I got a feeling Carson will have one of his wide out retreats with this young man and they get things figured out hopefully his rookie year is the only bad year he has

It’s certainly possible. And it’s certainly what I want to see obviously. I’m not ready to cast out any player after one year. But I do have a suspicion that there was knocks against him. Playing in a lesser PAC conference for example.

Another example is that they just never seemed to get his skill sets folded in well. He did look at least better at end of year. A lot of that can go in coaching

So....juries out. It will take some work on all sides. But it can be turned around.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not have Howie trading around to draft a WR. His record doesn't support it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Higgins is slipping in the ratings of WR's.
I think (hope) we get either Ruggs or Shenault, and I give Shenault a slight edge over Ruggs, but the combine will show us who have, and don't the speed. We don't need a big body type with average speed. Speed, speed, and more speed. OH, and did I mention Speed?

Here are some new ratings:
Ranking the top 5 wide receiver prospects from the 2020 NFL Draft

Jalen Reagor has pulled in front of Higgins.