• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

19-20 College Football Prospects Thread

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Higgins is slipping in the ratings of WR's.
I think (hope) we get either Ruggs or Shenault, and I give Shenault a slight edge over Ruggs, but the combine will show us who have, and don't the speed. We don't need a big body type with average speed. Speed, speed, and more speed. OH, and did I mention Speed?

Here are some new ratings:
Ranking the top 5 wide receiver prospects from the 2020 NFL Draft

Jalen Reagor has pulled in front of Higgins.

Higgins imo is a superior receiver over Reagor ... he's a taller Allen Robinson of the Bears and will be extremely productive in this league. The issue is that the Eagles need speed and explosiveness, but imo Reagor, despite having great speed, is not polished as an "overall" receiver. Taking him at 21 is a reach imo. Higgins on the other hand is absolutely worth a 1st, but maybe not to a team looking to add speed at the position. He's likely a 4.55 - 4.6 guy at best, but does have excellent athletic ability and really good quickness for his size.

On another note, what do you Penn State guys think about DE Yetur Gross-Matos? I've been watching some tape on this kid and he looks like a beast! If the Eagles go another route than WR in Rd 1 I'd have to think this kid would be on their radar.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real good player. I will be upset if we pass on Ruggs or Sheanult. Period. After we get a CB, S, LB, Edge, DT, I want at least 2 more WRs, unless Howie uses the extra 3rd or 4th and 5th, to make a deal to move up for a stud. Frfee agency will have a lot to say about what we need. I think we should sign a WR, and a CB, and draft the BPA in each round, but still cannot ignore speed at WR.
Back to your question, real good player, but not at the expense of Ruggs or Shenault. We may differ on Shenault, but I think he could be the best complete WR n the draft, and can be used all over the field.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real good player. I will be upset if we pass on Ruggs or Sheanult. Period. After we get a CB, S, LB, Edge, DT, I want at least 2 more WRs, unless Howie uses the extra 3rd or 4th and 5th, to make a deal to move up for a stud. Frfee agency will have a lot to say about what we need. I think we should sign a WR, and a CB, and draft the BPA in each round, but still cannot ignore speed at WR.
Back to your question, real good player, but not at the expense of Ruggs or Shenault. We may differ on Shenault, but I think he could be the best complete WR n the draft, and can be used all over the field.

I don't think we differ on Shenault ... I have him as my #4 for the Eagles due to his potential. I have 1. Judy 2.Lamb 3.Ruggs 4.Shenault. 5-10 are yet to be determined, if Higgins runs 4.6 or better I will likely have him at 5. Brandon Aiyuk is a guy I'm really high on and could battle for that 6th spot. Justin Jefferson, Reagor and Michael Pittman will be in that top 10 as well somewhere.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking (a lot) about Gross-Matos as a possibility in the 1st... We all know the Birds' philosophy about prioritizing lineman in the draft, that didn't leave with Reid, they use that to this day. I'm not sold on Barnett being a needle mover on the defense - good player, but I don't know if he'll ever be the stud that some think he should be for where we took him in the draft a couple of years ago. Some of the DL is getting old and it would make sense to at least look at Gross-Matos; best suited in our scheme with a lot of natural ability. Should test well.

Not saying he will be as good but he's got a bit of Danielle Hunter in him... long, uses his hands well, with some experience and good coaching can become a real force.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my pre-combine top ten wr's are:
Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Shenault
Higgins
Aiyuk
Reagor
Hamler
Jefferson
Proche
Right now- they are in order I believe they will go, but we'll know more in about 2 weeks.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy will be the first WR off the board... the more I see him, the more I like. If he falls out of the Top 10, we need to make a move for him, I don't care how "deep" the WR class is. Go and get the best one if he drops to a point where it's reasonable to go get him.

Judge Jeudy to the Eagles!

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be surprised if the Eagles go with a DE depending of course who is available. The Eagles edge rushers are underwhelming but a killer DE would go a long way in helping the CB’s.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be surprised if the Eagles go with a DE depending of course who is available. The Eagles edge rushers are underwhelming but a killer DE would go a long way in helping the CB’s.

Eagles can bring in a Vic Beasley from Atlanta as a rotational pass rusher. Has the Atlanta connection with new Eagles DB coach Marquand Manuel. Beasley was dominant a few years back and had a bit of a bounce back last season with 8 sacks. Still just 28, so he should have a few good years still left and it won't break the bank to sign him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can never be surprised if this team takes a DE, OL or DB. I could see those positions addressed high again, especially corner.

I would not be shocked if they passed on a wideout in round one for another position.

Reactions: ctc

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles can bring in a Vic Beasley from Atlanta as a rotational pass rusher. Has the Atlanta connection with new Eagles DB coach Marquand Manuel. Beasley was dominant a few years back and had a bit of a bounce back last season with 8 sacks. Still just 28, so he should have a few good years still left and it won't break the bank to sign him.

I’m really starting to get the feeling that they won’t be making big splashes in FA this year. Perhaps one moderate to moderate-big signing....but more likely a few FA signings that don’t seem very big at the moment of signing (a la 2017 perhaps). DE will have for get addressed and Beasley wouldn’t be a bad option in my view.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie will sign a WR (Robby Anderson, or Demarcus Robinson), and a CB (Byron Jones or Cliff Harris), and maybe a DE like Beasley. I think they go heavy on FA this year.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA capital to address defense, draft capital to update and re-tool the offense.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higgins imo is a superior receiver over Reagor ... he's a taller Allen Robinson of the Bears and will be extremely productive in this league. The issue is that the Eagles need speed and explosiveness, but imo Reagor, despite having great speed, is not polished as an "overall" receiver. Taking him at 21 is a reach imo. Higgins on the other hand is absolutely worth a 1st, but maybe not to a team looking to add speed at the position. He's likely a 4.55 - 4.6 guy at best, but does have excellent athletic ability and really good quickness for his size.

On another note, what do you Penn State guys think about DE Yetur Gross-Matos? I've been watching some tape on this kid and he looks like a beast! If the Eagles go another route than WR in Rd 1 I'd have to think this kid would be on their radar.
He is the DE that will be there at #21

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling someone is going to overpay Beasley... not saying it's going to be the Eagles (I hope not) but he would be a great addition to the rotation if they can get him at a decent price.

I like Shaq Lawson too... Got off to a bit of a slow start in his career due to injuries but he played this season in his natural position as a hand-in-the-dirt DE and tallied 6.5 sacks this year on a very good, underrated defense in Buffalo... only 25, could be a nice under-the-radar signing to solidify the rotation.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling someone is going to overpay Beasley... not saying it's going to be the Eagles (I hope not) but he would be a great addition to the rotation if they can get him at a decent price.

I like Shaq Lawson too... Got off to a bit of a slow start in his career due to injuries but he played this season in his natural position as a hand-in-the-dirt DE and tallied 6.5 sacks this year on a very good, underrated defense in Buffalo... only 25, could be a nice under-the-radar signing to solidify the rotation.

Beasley....you’re right. He could get way overpaid. I don’t get the feel Howie is looking to big splash DE in FA with the cap we have (like he might big splash for WR or secondary). I think there is want to build depth and rotation back. If the market isn’t super there for Beasley I could see this being attractive for him. But I expect money will fly at him too.

I like the idea of Lawson....I just don’t see Buffalo easily letting him go. They are building something there.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley....you’re right. He could get way overpaid. I don’t get the feel Howie is looking to big splash DE in FA with the cap we have (like he might big splash for WR or secondary). I think there is want to build depth and rotation back. If the market isn’t super there for Beasley I could see this being attractive for him. But I expect money will fly at him too.

I like the idea of Lawson....I just don’t see Buffalo easily letting him go. They are building something there.

Regarding Lawson, Buffalo refused to pick up his fifth year option, which leads me to believe they are going to move on from him. I would think if they valued him that much he would have already been signed to an extension or at least had his 5th year option picked up.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denzel Mims out of Baylor!

check his tape

A quick assessment of Mims from what I've seen ...

The good: excellent size and a master at contested catches. Knows how to use his hands to create that last second separation between he and the defender. Very sticky hands catcher with good catch radius. If the ball is thrown near him there's a great chance he comes down with it.

The not so good: Below average route runner who rarely distances himself from his defender. Dude is always draped with a defender; if you can't create distance from a defender in college, good luck doing it in the pros. He actually reminds me of JJAW in that he was great at out-muscling college players, but doing it at a pro level is another story. He doesn't appear "slow" when I see him run straight (actually has good wheels when alone in space) ... but getting away from your defender is much more than just straight-line speed. Because he's so similar to JJAW, I probably wouldn't consider him for the Eagles. I see him going late 3rd to mid 4th with this WR class.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A quick assessment of Mims from what I've seen ...

The good: excellent size and a master at contested catches. Knows how to use his hands to create that last second separation between he and the defender. Very sticky hands catcher with good catch radius. If the ball is thrown near him there's a great chance he comes down with it.

The not so good: Below average route runner who rarely distances himself from his defender. Dude is always draped with a defender; if you can't create distance from a defender in college, good luck doing it in the pros. He actually reminds me of JJAW in that he was great at out-muscling college players, but doing it at a pro level is another story. He doesn't appear "slow" when I see him run straight (actually has good wheels when alone in space) ... but getting away from your defender is much more than just straight-line speed. Because he's so similar to JJAW, I probably wouldn't consider him for the Eagles. I see him going late 3rd to mid 4th with this WR class.

Nice write up Rey!

I want to see what his 40 time is at the combine. I was watching some of the Senior Bowl Practice and one of the QB's threw up a nice post route and Mims had his guy beat, just looked like he couldn't find the ball, pulled up in the route and just flat out didn't put his hands out for it, ( it was a great ball thought it was odd he didn't come down with it)

Lot of buzz starting up with this guy and we all know how the Eagles pick guys we had no idea they were even on the radar, Mims is one of those guys.