• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 14 games tonight boys

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the 2 month rental of Ramon Sessions for a 1st round pick the previous year wasn't the smartest.

I just checked -- that picked turned Jared Cunningham (taken just after Jenkins ... before guys like Teague, Plumlee, Wroten, Crowder, D. Green, Middleton, O'Quinn). After 4 other teams -- JC may finally have found a spot in the NBA -- back with the Cavs.
it wasnt only the 1st round pick- it was also the right to switch picks from the Heats first rounder the Cavs had to the Lakers- which jumped them up like 8 spots and in posiiton to be able to go up and get Tyler Zoeller- who has been pretty good for Boston and was of course included in the deal to clear cap room to sign LeBron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers still owe a first rounder (top 5 protected) to Orlando from the Dwight trade. It will convey in 2018 assuming 2016's goes to Philly.

Had forgotten about that. Thanks.

Good ol' Dwightmare, the gift that keeps on giving.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker's would be so much better of if Kobe blows his Achilles again in the next couple of games.

Be interesting if Kobe gains a little perspective as the year goes on and tries to help the kid's develop by taking less of a dominating role or if he just continue to inefficiently chuck up a shot every time he touches it in order to get his meaningless stats.
Well I think it's terrible a fan would wish injury on any player and I can assure you Laker fans don't want that. At the end of the day not only would an injured achilles sideline him from basketball but probably from time with his young kids too.
This is Kobe's 20th season. Everybody on the planet knows he's a dominate player. When will people move on from it and stop complaining already?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had forgotten about that. Thanks.

Good ol' Dwightmare, the gift that keeps on giving.
And he's still delivering that mediocre play in Houston. I am wondering when Harden will be tired of playing with him. :L

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it's terrible a fan would wish injury on any player and I can assure you Laker fans don't want that. At the end of the day not only would an injured achilles sideline him from basketball but probably from time with his young kids too.
This is Kobe's 20th season. Everybody on the planet knows he's a dominate player. When will people move on from it and stop complaining already?

No one should wish injury on a player. That's terrible.

But, the premise of what he said was true. How can you expect the young players to develop when you have Kobe taking 25 shots a night? He's no longer a dominant player. At this point, he's simply a volume shooter.

If you're a Warriors fan, you should be all too familiar with volume shooters.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should wish injury on a player. That's terrible.

But, the premise of what he said was true. How can you expect the young players to develop when you have Kobe taking 25 shots a night? He's no longer a dominant player. At this point, he's simply a volume shooter.

If you're a Warriors fan, you should be all too familiar with volume shooters.
Be that as it may, wishing injury isn't the resolution. I agree that he needs to adjust his role in order for the other guys to grow.
But they should've hired a better coach...one that would have no problem having that discussion with Kobe & making him realize that change is needed.

I am indeed a Warriors fan and can tell you that shooters are going to shoot no matter who else is on the floor with them. That's what they do. I can almost guarantee you that if Curry is blessed to experience longevity in his career as Kobe has he will still be shooting in the later stages as well. So, as fans we deal with the downside of Kobe's bad habits.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio...?

whats the deal? that was a HELLUVA GAME. Do you think he has finally developed a shot?

Ricky just turned 25 a week ago. The 28 was Bynum age. Sad a guy that young has been done in the league for a couple years now. Hopefully he invested his money well.

I posted above that I am skeptical Rubio has found a shot. Just a really good night where he was dialed in as a tribute to Flip is my guess.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, wishing injury isn't the resolution. I agree that he needs to adjust his role in order for the other guys to grow.
But they should've hired a better coach...one that would have no problem having that discussion with Kobe & making him realize that change is needed.

I am indeed a Warriors fan and can tell you that shooters are going to shoot no matter who else is on the floor with them. That's what they do. I can almost guarantee you that if Curry is blessed to experience longevity in his career as Kobe has he will still be shooting in the later stages as well. So, as fans we deal with the downside of Kobe's bad habits.

I'm not wishing injury on anyone. Just stating that they would be better off if he did. I personally hope the Lakers sign him to a max extension and he stunts the growth of young Laker players for another 6 years. :pound:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference is Steph is a pure shooter. Those guys always can have lengthy careers because shooting never fades. When Steph's athleticism fades, he could easily be Steve Kerr on steroids if that's how he wanted to play out his career.

Kobe, at least to me, has always been a scorer. He got buckets in a variety of different ways, post ups, drives, etc.. He was never a great shooter. He's had a solid mid-range, but what shocks me is the amount of 3 pointers he's taking now. Going back to 2010, he's shot under 33% for 3. I'm not saying he's still not capable of dropping 40 on a given night, but there will be many more 8 for 24 nights for him than not at this rate.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky just turned 25 a week ago. The 28 was Bynum age. Sad a guy that young has been done in the league for a couple years now. Hopefully he invested his money well.

I posted above that I am skeptical Rubio has found a shot. Just a really good night where he was dialed in as a tribute to Flip is my guess.

Yeah, also not banking on that consistent shot of his. But with the Wolves running more, I think he'll be an extremely valuable asset to the team. His playmaking, passing and vision are still top notch.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, also not banking on that consistent shot of his. But with the Wolves running more, I think he'll be an extremely valuable asset to the team. His playmaking, passing and vision are still top notch.

Everyone likes to rip Rubio because of how bad he can look shooting the ball at times. And at times it is downright embarrassing (he has missed uncontested layouts that 7th grade high school girls teams are hitting). But I have always been a big proponent of Rubio and want the Wolves to keep him as their PG long term.

Even without being able to shoot the ball, he makes the team better when he is on the floor. Having a PG who is the field general who plays the game the right way with constant energy and heart is not something that you find a lot these days in the NBA.

And the more talent they put around Rubio the better he will look eventually. The biggest reason he isn't fully appreciated for what he is instead of criticized for what he isn't is because of how bad the team around him has been. Put him on a good basketball team

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not wishing injury on anyone. Just stating that they would be better off if he did. I personally hope the Lakers sign him to a max extension and he stunts the growth of young Laker players for another 6 years. :pound:
Probably because misery loves company?? :nod:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone likes to rip Rubio because of how bad he can look shooting the ball at times. And at times it is downright embarrassing (he has missed uncontested layouts that 7th grade high school girls teams are hitting). But I have always been a big proponent of Rubio and want the Wolves to keep him as their PG long term.

Even without being able to shoot the ball, he makes the team better when he is on the floor. Having a PG who is the field general who plays the game the right way with constant energy and heart is not something that you find a lot these days in the NBA.

And the more talent they put around Rubio the better he will look eventually. The biggest reason he isn't fully appreciated for what he is instead of criticized for what he isn't is because of how bad the team around him has been. Put him on a good basketball team

Agree. I thought he was the best PG coming out of his draft. I was pleasantly wrong of course.

BTW do you know if David Kahn still keeps in touch with Jonny Flynn? FB friends?

Warriors fan still gripe to this day about taking TMac, Kobe, KG, etc......

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd all-time leading scorer, 5 titles and 7 finals in one decade will do that to people.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know....

Payton and Oladipo just cant play together in the same back court- I mean- you HAVE to have at least one of those guys be able to shoot 37% (or better- 40% ideally) from 3...you just cnat have 2 guards neither of which who take or make 3s at a high level.

Is there no way Oladipo can play point? Payton I mean is just AWFUL at 3s- he doesnt even take them...and Oladipo seems more valuable than Payton....do you move Payton?

Hezonja is definitely the solution to their shooting woes it looks like but they gottta get him out there and its gonna take him a while to develop on the defensive end.

I have heard a lot of good things about Aaron Gordon thus far though in the preseason and the of course newly started season. They passed Randle and Smart and Exum to take that guy- and i think id rather have these other 3- but we shall see...

Agreed.

They panicked and shit the bed in last year's draft.

3 first rounders for Payton and Gordon?

For fucks sake.

Total panicked move.

They tried Olidipo at the point and he was a turnover machine.

So, not sure which guy would have to go.

Maybe the easier solution would be to get a Mark Price type in their to totally revamp their shots?

The jury is still out on Gordon because he was out for most of last Season.

Is he a power forward?

He's kinda smallish. But, uber athletic.

Blake evolved from being a highlight machine and little else.

So, maybe?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is Steph is a pure shooter. Those guys always can have lengthy careers because shooting never fades. When Steph's athleticism fades, he could easily be Steve Kerr on steroids if that's how he wanted to play out his career.

Kobe, at least to me, has always been a scorer. He got buckets in a variety of different ways, post ups, drives, etc.. He was never a great shooter. He's had a solid mid-range, but what shocks me is the amount of 3 pointers he's taking now. Going back to 2010, he's shot under 33% for 3. I'm not saying he's still not capable of dropping 40 on a given night, but there will be many more 8 for 24 nights for him than not at this rate.

Kobe's fg% really has remained the same over his career give or take 1% or so (prior to the last two seasons he's been injured). I just think people get on him now because it's late in his career and he's consider old in terms of basketball. Kobe has ALWAYS been a volume shooter. But, I think he was shooting up a storm last night to probably get the feel back. It was only one game so we'll just have to wait and see as the season progresses.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

They panicked and shit the bed in last year's draft.

3 first rounders for Payton and Gordon?

For fucks sake.

Total panicked move.

They tried Olidipo at the point and he was a turnover machine.

So, not sure which guy would have to go.

Maybe the easier solution would be to get a Mark Price type in their to totally revamp their shots?

The jury is still out on Gordon because he was out for most of last Season.

Is he a power forward?

He's kinda smallish. But, uber athletic.

Blake evolved from being a highlight machine and little else.

So, maybe?

Always possible. J-Rich was a terrible shooter coming out of college and developed into a great 3 point shooter. Shooting is something that can be fixed with repetition and dedication. Blake has improved a lot as well.