• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 14 games tonight boys

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's fg% really has remained the same over his career give or take 1% or so (prior to the last two seasons he's been injured). I just think people get on him now because it's late in his career and he's consider old in terms of basketball. Kobe has ALWAYS been a volume shooter. But, I think he was shooting up a storm last night to probably get the feel back. It was only one game so we'll just have to wait and see as the season progresses.

Definitely. It's hard to knock a guy for doing what he's always done. The problem now becomes is it in the best interest of the team? In previous years he needed to do that because he was the Elite player in the NBA for years. He was on a team with championship aspirations. Now, he's not. He's still good, but all fans can agree he's not 28 year old Kobe. Would those 24 shots a night be better served elsewhere? Probably not.

What about 8 or 10 of them?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, also not banking on that consistent shot of his. But with the Wolves running more, I think he'll be an extremely valuable asset to the team. His playmaking, passing and vision are still top notch.
We should also consider they were playing the Lakers. The Lakers have a young core out there that hasn't really spent any time together on the court. The true test will come when the Wolves play a team that has a well adjusted lineup. That will probably tell a better story.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I thought he was the best PG coming out of his draft. I was pleasantly wrong of course.

BTW do you know if David Kahn still keeps in touch with Jonny Flynn? FB friends?

Warriors fan still gripe to this day about taking TMac, Kobe, KG, etc......

I unfriended Kahn back around that time so I am not sure what he is up to. :lol:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. It's hard to knock a guy for doing what he's always done. The problem now becomes is it in the best interest of the team? In previous years he needed to do that because he was the Elite player in the NBA for years. He was on a team with championship aspirations. Now, he's not. He's still good, but all fans can agree he's not 28 year old Kobe. Would those 24 shots a night be better served elsewhere? Probably not.

What about 8 or 10 of them?
Well I agree to a certain degree. Like I mentioned, I really think a lot of his shots last night came from him wanting to re-establish his range, perhaps knock some of the rust off. Should he curb the number of shot attempts? Absolutely and I think & hope he will. Even in his younger days he only averaged right around 20 shots (which at this point needs to be lower).

Where I disagree with your assessment is the team not having championship aspirations. I think in Kobe's mind if he's suited up then he has championship aspirations -as do us fans. And most of that comes from him pushing himself to be the best ultimately not realizing that others don't hold themselves to those same standards. I think also because he's accomplished multiple championships it's no longer a dream but instead a goal.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard was latched onto Durant all night. Please do not try to discredit his performance.

They should have put him on Westbrook. He always kills you guys.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have put him on Westbrook. He always kills you guys.
He kills literally everyone. Not just us. He's too fast. Let that cocky ass get his points and try to contain everyone else. If it wasn't for Danny Green, it could have actually worked. I'm not too worried though. SA never wins in OKC. And it's just Game 1.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always possible. J-Rich was a terrible shooter coming out of college and developed into a great 3 point shooter. Shooting is something that can be fixed with repetition and dedication. Blake has improved a lot as well.

Very true.

If Olidipo could develop a Bruce Bowen type 3pt threat to go with his defense and athleticism, it would go a long way towards opening the floor up for Vuvecic and Gordon.

I'm not really down on Aaron at this point. The kid is still so young and raw that he could turnout to be something special in a few Seasons.

But, that Dude they just drafted?

He's a cocky s.o.b and I love it.

Hezonja is the guy that I think will be the star on that squad, not the guards, Gordon, nor Tobias Harris.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kills literally everyone. Not just us. He's too fast. Let that cocky ass get his points and try to contain everyone else. If it wasn't for Danny Green, it could have actually worked. I'm not too worried though. SA never wins in OKC. And it's just Game 1.

He does.

I'm very interested in seeing the dynamic towards the end of the Season when it comes to shot selection.

Dude had the greenlight last Season. With Durant back, kanter a full Season and Waiters ability to help carry the scoring load a little....

Will he hurt his own Team as much as he hurts his opponents?

I just don't see him putting that genie back in the bottle.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

he doesn't "literally" kill everyone. Are you a simpleton?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does.

I'm very interested in seeing the dynamic towards the end of the Season when it comes to shot selection.

Dude had the greenlight last Season. With Durant back, kanter a full Season and Waiters ability to help carry the scoring load a little....

Will he hurt his own Team as much as he hurts his opponents?

I just don't see him putting that genie back in the bottle.
Remember WAY BACK WHEN I was on the RW bus from the beginning and took a ton of heat for it....just like that- Kyrie will vindicate me in the very near future just as RW did.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember WAY BACK WHEN I was on the RW bus from the beginning and took a ton of heat for it....just like that- Kyrie will vindicate me in the very near future just as RW did.

In before an ex-fn'er says: "You mean back before you were a Cavs fan?"

:hammer:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a problem with Whiteside- if he faces a legit center that has any kind of post moves he gets his ass kicked...

dont get me wrong- elite rebounder, graet help defender- but he is still clueless how to cover a skilled big man in the post.

Did you watch the game?
Jefferson was shooting under Whiteside, not over him and they really weren't post moves he was using.
I'll admit Whiteside was terrible for the first few minutes of the game, but as a team they made adjustments and Jefferson was scoreless the 2nd half I believe.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you smelled the coffee pretty early on Westbrook.

I mean, I get my homer on for all the guys from UCLA.

But, even I thought Presti was sniffing bath salts for taking that Dude so high.

Boy was I wrong.

Despite his atrocious fashion sense, the Guy is a stud.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But by your reputation and the posts I see from you, you're much worse than one.

Shame on you. That man's an aspiring lawyer and a basketball sage. DO try to do the right thing and show some respect. Bowing and genuflection is also in order...:lol: