• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 14 games tonight boys

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, Kobe does play for the Lakers...and he took 10 more shots than anyone else on the team and was terribly inefficient in a 1 point home loss....

Still has nothing to do with what I posted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers looked about like I expected. This is likely to be what we'll see all season. They are young and raw. Sometimes they'll look spectacular like they did when they built a 16 point lead in the 2nd quarter.

Sometimes they will look spectacularly bad, like they did coughing up an 8 point lead in the 4th quarter.
aret hey that young though? I know Randle, Russell and Clarkson are- but after that its a veteran team...i would be surprised if its a top 10 "youngest" team in the leauge to be honest.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aret hey that young though? I know Randle, Russell and Clarkson are- but after that its a veteran team...i would be surprised if its a top 10 "youngest" team in the leauge to be honest.

Considering that 7 of the 15 players on the roster are in their 1st or 2nd year and that includes 3 of the starting 5. Yes, I'd say they're pretty young.

They do have some players with some experience, but outside of Kobe and Hibbert, it's mainly the young guys that are being counted on. The majority of the experienced guys are bench players.

Russell reminded me a bit of Kobe in his rookie year. The talent is obvious, but he's pretty unpolished. The question is, will he put in the work Kobe did to live up to the talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that 7 of the 15 players on the roster are in their 1st or 2nd year and that includes 3 of the starting 5. Yes, I'd say they're pretty young.

They do have some players with some experience, but outside of Kobe and Hibbert, it's mainly the young guys that are being counted on. The majority of the experienced guys are bench players.

Russell reminded me a bit of Kobe in his rookie year. The talent is obvious, but he's pretty unpolished. The question is, will he put in the work Kobe did to live up to the talent.
I suppose...its pretty close I guess...Bass is 30, that Huertas guy 32, Kobe of course 37, it looks like Lou Williams is going to be the #2 scorer behind Kobe in all likelihood and hes 29, Hibbert 28 of course...Metta at 35, Nick Young at 30..

and then like you said- Russell at freaking 19, Randle turning 21 later in November, Clarkson at 23, Kelly at 24, Nance Jr. at 22. I mean- those are the young guys that are actually gonna play-

I would say thats pretty average for an NBA team age wise...like u said- because they are have 2 rooks in the starting lineup basically that would skew it a little younger I suppose.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose...its pretty close I guess...Bass is 30, that Huertas guy 32, Kobe of course 37, it looks like Lou Williams is going to be the #2 scorer behind Kobe in all likelihood and hes 29, Hibbert 28 of course...Metta at 35, Nick Young at 30..

and then like you said- Russell at freaking 19, Randle turning 21 later in November, Clarkson at 23, Kelly at 24, Nance Jr. at 22. I mean- those are the young guys that are actually gonna play-

I would say thats pretty average for an NBA team age wise...like u said- because they are have 2 rooks in the starting lineup basically that would skew it a little younger I suppose.

Yeah, if some of those more experienced guys were starting instead of coming off the bench, then it would be a little different. Also, Huertas may be 32, but he's still a rookie, so there's a learning curve for him as well. He needs to learn the NBA and his teammates. Also, guys like Metta and Sacre (another experienced guy) are end of the bench players who will rarely see playing time.

In the 4th quarter especially, they went from moving the ball around and trusting the offense to create the shots, to playing lots of one on one. That's what happens when you have young guys and guys who aren't used to playing together. We saw a lot of that from your Cavs last year. But you guys have Lebron so it usually worked out pretty well for you.

Hopefully, as the season goes on, they'll get that stuff figured out. No one expects them to do anything this year anyway, so they can afford to take their lumps while figuring it out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if some of those more experienced guys were starting instead of coming off the bench, then it would be a little different. Also, Huertas may be 32, but he's still a rookie, so there's a learning curve for him as well. He needs to learn the NBA and his teammates. Also, guys like Metta and Sacre (another experienced guy) are end of the bench players who will rarely see playing time.

In the 4th quarter especially, they went from moving the ball around and trusting the offense to create the shots, to playing lots of one on one. That's what happens when you have young guys and guys who aren't used to playing together. We saw a lot of that from your Cavs last year. But you guys have Lebron so it usually worked out pretty well for you.

Hopefully, as the season goes on, they'll get that stuff figured out. No one expects them to do anything this year anyway, so they can afford to take their lumps while figuring it out.
if there was ever a year where you could use some lotto luck this is it.

I read that the Lakers still owe first rounders to the 76'ers AND the Magic. I knew about the 76'ers pick of course (the top 3 protected) but I didnt know about the pick to the Magic or the protections around it, when it transfers etc. (or if its even real). You have any idea?

Seriously- if you guys finish with somewhere between the 4th and 8th worst record THIS is the year where a little luck would go a LONG way if you could jump into that top 3 and keep the pick just this one more year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about owing anything to the Magic, but it's possible/probable. I just know that if the next draft pick is higher than 3, the Lakers lose it, we'll see what happens.

When they went all in on the Dwight/Nash deal, they lost a lot of picks. They've been able to make some moves to get some back and now have what appears to be a solid young core with Clarkson, Randle and Russell.

I'm not too concerned about the draft pick. It's pretty unlikely that the Lakers will get to keep it. Imo, it's more important that the young guys improve throughout the year and make themselves more attractive to top FA's. They are going to have a boat load of money to spend, but top FA's aren't going to a team that doesn't look like they have anyone who can actually play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio looked like a different player last night

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a 20 & 10 type of player if he can consistently make a jumpshot

Yeah, the question with him has always been his shot. If he's got that figured out, he's going to be really, really good.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay about $250 for it each year.

Still worth it though. Get to see any game I want.
I get that through my Fire TV stick from Amazon for the amazing low price of $39.99. Of course I had to add apps to get free stuff but the free stuff I get is unlimited. I watch all the movies that are out in theaters now and all the boxing that is on PPV & other live sports like the NBA & NFL. It's freaking awesome!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the young guys have to get used to the length of the NBA game. They started to get impatient towards the end. Kobe should be able to help them understand it's a marathon and not a sprint.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about owing anything to the Magic, but it's possible/probable. I just know that if the next draft pick is higher than 3, the Lakers lose it, we'll see what happens.

When they went all in on the Dwight/Nash deal, they lost a lot of picks. They've been able to make some moves to get some back and now have what appears to be a solid young core with Clarkson, Randle and Russell.

I'm not too concerned about the draft pick. It's pretty unlikely that the Lakers will get to keep it. Imo, it's more important that the young guys improve throughout the year and make themselves more attractive to top FA's. They are going to have a boat load of money to spend, but top FA's aren't going to a team that doesn't look like they have anyone who can actually play.

The Lakers still owe a first rounder (top 5 protected) to Orlando from the Dwight trade. It will convey in 2018 assuming 2016's goes to Philly.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio looked like a different player last night
Yeah, it was strange.

Was it confidence, a skill that he worked on over the summer, or the emotion over losing Flip?

I guess we will find out.

Wtf is Tayshaun Prince starting?

......CJ McCullough went HAM!

I dont think it's a fluke.

He started putting up numbers last year in the playoffs.

Those 2 little midgets put on a show in Portland.

Maybe they can work in a way that Monta/Curry or Bledsoe/Thomas/Dragic couldn't?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the young guys have to get used to the length of the NBA game. They started to get impatient towards the end. Kobe should be able to help them understand it's a marathon and not a sprint.

First game jitters.

Time and opportunity is all they need.

It's gonna be frustrating going thru the growing pains.

But, you can see that they have talent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers still owe a first rounder (top 5 protected) to Orlando from the Dwight trade. It will convey in 2018 assuming 2016's goes to Philly.
what a disaster that Nash/Dwight scenario turned into...so many burned assets- that will be haunting the Lakers till 2018....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game jitters.

Time and opportunity is all they need.

It's gonna be frustrating going thru the growing pains.

But, you can see that they have talent.
Yes, it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of talent on the team.