• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

13 Reasons Why

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started this thing the other day. I think I am through side 4.

Actually a very interesting concept. But I certainly have a few early gripes that, unless addressed later on, will likely prevent me from giving thus show a good rating when I am done...

1) the main character (Seth??) is so bent out if shape about the tapes that he confronts all the other players basically begging for spoilers. Yet he sits on the tapes for days on end with out actually listening.

2) Tony. I can't blame the actor. I just think it is horrible writing and/or casting. I think this kid is suposed to be some tough rebel type. But they put some kid is who isn't any taller than 5'4" max, and MAYBE weighs 130 soaking wet. Casting a more rough-looking actor (think Lou Diamond Phillips in Stand and Deliver) would have sold the part better, I thought. As portrayed, the kid just seemed fake and was steeling every scene for the wrong reasons.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 "Who Killed Bryce Walker" trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 final trailer:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 is out. Watched the 1st episode last night, should be good. Still love the 1st season, 2nd season was pretty good so I expect this one to be good as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I started this thing the other day. I think I am through side 4.

Actually a very interesting concept. But I certainly have a few early gripes that, unless addressed later on, will likely prevent me from giving thus show a good rating when I am done...

1) the main character (Seth??) is so bent out if shape about the tapes that he confronts all the other players basically begging for spoilers. Yet he sits on the tapes for days on end with out actually listening.

2) Tony. I can't blame the actor. I just think it is horrible writing and/or casting. I think this kid is suposed to be some tough rebel type. But they put some kid is who isn't any taller than 5'4" max, and MAYBE weighs 130 soaking wet. Casting a more rough-looking actor (think Lou Diamond Phillips in Stand and Deliver) would have sold the part better, I thought. As portrayed, the kid just seemed fake and was steeling every scene for the wrong reasons.

It seems like the further you get into it the lesser he plays that role. He is gay and if you really think about it there is always that one kid that is a runt but acts all tough. He seems like the guy who everyone goes to when they need help through this show (that is younger), especially Clay

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Looks like there's gonna be a 4th?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So part of the ending to Season 3 was pretty obvious. Not gonna get into any spoilers but I predicted half of who was responsible for the death of Bryce Walker about 2-3 episodes into it. I know they left it off at a cliff hanger for a 4th season, but I really wished they had just left it at this. Clean and happy ending for all except for Winston, I guess.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished S3.

So it took Clay weeks upon weeks to listen to the tapes. It took Bryce a few hours.

I still can’t get over that timing aspect in S1.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished S3.

So it took Clay weeks upon weeks to listen to the tapes. It took Bryce a few hours.

I still can’t get over that timing aspect in S1.
Well, if you think about it, Clay was confronting these people as he was listening to the tapes, in addition to the other drama that was going on. Bryce just sat with Tony in his car and listened to them. He literally didn't do anything else. So Bryce had no distractions keeping him from listening to the tapes one right after the other.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you think about it, Clay was confronting these people as he was listening to the tapes, in addition to the other drama that was going on. Bryce just sat with Tony in his car and listened to them. He literally didn't do anything else. So Bryce had no distractions keeping him from listening to the tapes one right after the other.
But half of Clays confrontations were to the effect of “What happened next?” Or “Who else has a tape?”.

JUST LISTEN TO THE GOD DAMNED TAPES!

I complained about it at the time, and showing Bryce listen to them in one sitting just amplified the gripe I had from S1.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what he did I thought Bryce was the most likeable character. I can’t be the only one who thought that. the “victims” were so annoying and irrational, especially Alex and Jessica. Maybe the writers were just trying to show how they cope with their issues. I mean Alex has a screaming child-like outburst like once an episode.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what he did I thought Bryce was the most likeable character. I can’t be the only one who thought that. the “victims” were so annoying and irrational, especially Alex and Jessica. Maybe the writers were just trying to show how they cope with their issues. I mean Alex has a screaming child-like outburst like once an episode.

All of them had issues...but I guess that is how it is. By the end you kinda feel for Bryce in a way bc it seemed like he was trying to get better but then on the flip side he would just go on a rage and say or do stupid shit like he had a demon he couldn't stop.

Last and final season coming in 2020...wonder what happens. Obviously it has to do with the murder and that other ghey kid telling the police his truth.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would go as far as say he was likeable. At least he was trying to better himself (although, it was obvious he wouldn't ever be able to get all the way there)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bryce was committing suicide at the end. He was completely defenseless and continued to egg on first Dempsey, then Jessica (I don’t think he expected Alex to have the marbles to do anything).

As for Alex and his outbursts, dude was having roid-rage. I thought that was somewhat obvious.

But over all, this show is such a millennial opus. No introspection by any of the characters (save for probably Bryce in the entire S3). Every problem any of them had was as a result of someone else. The suicide girl (forget her name) from season 1 killed herself because of what 10 other people did. She did not accept any responsibility for her situation. Bryce did her dirty, granted. But everyone else was basically just going about their own lives and she was so millennial-like in that everything was about her that she took EVERYTHING as a major slight against her. GROW THE FUCK UP! Everyone has a cross to bare. You ain’t special, bitch. Carry your own cross and if you can, help someone else with theirs from time-to-time.

Basically, I don’t like this show. But it does pretty perfectly encapsulate the millennial generation and what is wrong with it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bryce was committing suicide at the end. He was completely defenseless and continued to egg on first Dempsey, then Jessica (I don’t think he expected Alex to have the marbles to do anything).

As for Alex and his outbursts, dude was having roid-rage. I thought that was somewhat obvious.

But over all, this show is such a millennial opus. No introspection by any of the characters (save for probably Bryce in the entire S3). Every problem any of them had was as a result of someone else. The suicide girl (forget her name) from season 1 killed herself because of what 10 other people did. She did not accept any responsibility for her situation. Bryce did her dirty, granted. But everyone else was basically just going about their own lives and she was so millennial-like in that everything was about her that she took EVERYTHING as a major slight against her. GROW THE FUCK UP! Everyone has a cross to bare. You ain’t special, bitch. Carry your own cross and if you can, help someone else with theirs from time-to-time.

Basically, I don’t like this show. But it does pretty perfectly encapsulate the millennial generation and what is wrong with it.

holy fuck never I have I seen this bullshit show so perfectly explained. Pure brilliance.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 4 "Saying Goodbye" promo:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44