• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which game does Fields crack the starting lineup?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'when' is all over the map. I've read every opinion from day one to not till next year. As with most extreme time frames, the answer probably lies somewhere in between. From everything I've read, seen, or heard, and barring injury to Dalton and/or Foles, it doesn't appear that the kid starts on opening night. But I also think the pressure will be way too heavy for any thoughts of him sitting a full season - don't think that shit will fly. Now it's possible, even likely that Fields just doesn't start at the beginning of a game, regardless of the game number. I think the chances are pretty good that he takes over at some point in mid-battle, like when the Bears are still in the game score-wise, but Dalton for whatever reasons is simply not cutting it.

So rather than try to figure that wacky scenario as to when he takes over the starting role in mid-game, I prefer to wonder which one it will be when he starts from the opening snap. I'm looking at two possibilities:

Game 4 on 10/3, home against the Lions
Game 8 on 10/31, home against the 49ers

What immediately pops out is the Capt Obvious notation that both are home games. I'm kinda sure - not 100%, but kinda - that Nagy will want Fields to play his first entire game as the starter within the friendly confines of Soldier Field. Just stands to reason. And naturally, it would make sense that Justin kicks off his multi-year career facing a beatable team. Not that either club is a slouch by any stretch, especially the 9ers. But for instance, game 6, also a home game, is against the Packers. Not sure Nagy will want the kid to make his first start against these guys. Both the 9ers and Lions present winnable opportunities, which is why I like them not only as one of them being his first opponent, but also factoring in the timeline as to when Nagy's ready to unleash the beast. Any other game come to mind for his all-game starting debut?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to thik at home vs Det....

GB is too much of a rivalry to give him the go ahead....
And SF has one helluva def to throw him out there......

If not those two,it most likely be on the road vs a dog team....jmo

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to thik at home vs Det....

GB is too much of a rivalry to give him the go ahead....
And SF has one helluva def to throw him out there......

If not those two,it most likely be on the road vs a dog team....jmo
Part of me wants it to be the Lions, if for no other reason than we'd have him out there for 14 games total. But part of me doesn't want him at that point because it probably will have meant that we're sucking big time almost from the getgo. Either way and regardless of when he does take over the starting role, I'm looking forward to watching this kid as our QB for a long, long time.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp.

Fuck Dalton.
Hah!! Love your spirit, BD. And in essence, you're spot on. An easy argument can be made that Fields will gain more understanding of his position and experience against opposing defenses by actually playing instead of just watching on the sidelines, until he inevitably gets the call. Right now all signs are pointing to him beginning the season as a backup, and there are equal arguments for that as well. But we all know things can change rapidly in this league. All I know is I can't wait until he does take over.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is I can't wait until he does take over.

Amen brother.....

As soon as I seen the Giants traded no.11 to the Bears,I knew we had Fields.....

Im with you as well as ALL OF US Bear fans that we cant wait to see him play......